C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-pipe location

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 PM
ignatz
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,126 Likes on 730 Posts

My experience with video and sound differences in this post.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-after.html

You'll want to think about repairs and how much of the exhaust you need to disconnect to do any maintenance. I would balk at some of these completely welded up systems that look like the whole thing needs to come down.

Also with my crossover, I could probably get back to the snap, crackle and pop originally, by inserting a thin diaphragm at the connectors.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:34 PM
v2racing
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Buccaneer

This is where I put mine in 2015 when I upgraded to SS.
This is similar to what I have under my car, except the X is a lot closer to the tranny. I have a BTO pass under cross member.

There is a huge difference in sound to my ears between no crossover and an X-pipe. A crossover sounds different than none also, but an X-pipe sounds different than the crossover to me. They take the blappyness out of the chamber mufflers and give it a snarl. I know blappyness is not a real work, but trying to describe a sound is difficult. They tone down the drone too.

Mike
Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,005 Likes on 688 Posts

Here is the rest of the exhaust. It makes it real easy to drop the entire exhaust if you have to as well, all one piece, 9 bolts total including the 6 collector flange bolts. I made it so you can drop the tranny pan without dropping the exhaust to get to bolts. If I go to the track, easy exhaust drop. I hate messing with all the pieces in a clamped exhaust and the leaks.

Last edited by Buccaneer; 07-26-2017 at 05:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jr73 (07-27-2017)

Quick Reply: X-pipe location