C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 wiper motor replacement - which ones work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Boston!
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 72 wiper motor replacement - which ones work?

The wiper motor in my 72 has never worked. I had it tested, the stator is open. I somehow convinced myself shopping for a new one earlier that the inexpensive ones out there (e.g. at local parts stores) had some missing functionality, maybe wouldn't park like the original. Now I'm looking at pictures of them compared to my own, they seem nearly identical (though they usually say they don't include the washer pump). Can anyone clarify?

Would for instance this one from Advance work, and park the wipers inside the wiper door, if I just transplanted my washer pump assembly onto it?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...152/5910366-P#
Old 07-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi B,
I believe I'd speak to the folks at Willcox Corvette.
Ask about the DR98243 wiper motor.
Regards,
Alan
Old 07-26-2017, 06:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Boston!
The wiper motor in my 72 has never worked. I had it tested, the stator is open. I somehow convinced myself shopping for a new one earlier that the inexpensive ones out there (e.g. at local parts stores) had some missing functionality, maybe wouldn't park like the original. Now I'm looking at pictures of them compared to my own, they seem nearly identical (though they usually say they don't include the washer pump). Can anyone clarify?

Would for instance this one from Advance work, and park the wipers inside the wiper door, if I just transplanted my washer pump assembly onto it?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...152/5910366-P#
The wiper motor you posted a link to is the one you need.

The one you have shown will not come with the washer pump cover assembly.

YES...this motor from Advance will work as long as the rest of your electrical system is correct....and your wiper arms are correctly adjusted...and you have the correct wiper blades that are really low profile and not sticking up...then it will work.

DUB
Old 07-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Wee
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 237 Posts

That one is cheaper than the one I bought off ebay.

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To 72 wiper motor replacement - which ones work?

Quick Reply: 72 wiper motor replacement - which ones work?