Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
but where will the mouses live
My thoughts exactly
Old 03-12-2011, 05:56 PM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

You could probably part it out for more the 1200. Even if it does run I'd be rather leery as to how long it would run!

It's sad to see vettes kept in this condition...at one time someone drove home from the dealer with this car and a big smile on his/her face!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bac22
It's sad to see vettes kept in this condition...at one time someone drove home from the dealer with this car and a big smile on his/her face!
And then, somewhere along the line, priorities changed.....and it wound up like this. I always get bummed at the junkyard too....at one time some of these wrecks were the car of someone's dreams.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 PM
cuengineer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As a relatively new owner of an '88 C4, I am curious what Frizlefrak meant about doing non-concours interiors relatively cheap. Mine looks okay but certainly not concours and probably never will be (based on the several thousand $$$ needed to replace it that I keep hearing about). I wonder what kinds of things that might be done at a reasonable price.
My car is dark red (burgundy) and while not perfect, looks pretty good as evidenced by my wife agreeing that I should buy it for the asking price without even taking it for a test drive. It has a black interior. The dash has been redone with the carbon fiber look. I am just looking for reliable transportation in a car that is fun to drive. BTW, I drove it recently on a trip, and it got almost the same gas mileage that I got driving a '57 MGA with 1500 cc engine in high school and college.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
If it runs for $1200, I'd grab it. If you're not looking for a concours restoration, there are inexpensive ways to rehab the interior. Throw a Maaco special paint job on it, clean it up, and drive the **** out of it.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 PM
topgunvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuengineer
As a relatively new owner of an '88 C4, I am curious what Frizlefrak meant about doing non-concours interiors relatively cheap. Mine looks okay but certainly not concours and probably never will be (based on the several thousand $$$ needed to replace it that I keep hearing about). I wonder what kinds of things that might be done at a reasonable price.
My car is dark red (burgundy) and while not perfect, looks pretty good as evidenced by my wife agreeing that I should buy it for the asking price without even taking it for a test drive. It has a black interior. The dash has been redone with the carbon fiber look. I am just looking for reliable transportation in a car that is fun to drive. BTW, I drove it recently on a trip, and it got almost the same gas mileage that I got driving a '57 MGA with 1500 cc engine in high school and college.
dash kit, iggees seat covers, wheelskins steering wheel cover, driver/pass mats/cargo mat, race pedals, arm rest cushion, driver info plate, shift boot replace, shift **** replacement.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
earthquake68
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak
If it runs for $1200, I'd grab it. If you're not looking for a concours restoration, there are inexpensive ways to rehab the interior. Throw a Maaco special paint job on it, clean it up, and drive the **** out of it.
If I had any money left, I'd ****** it up. You could part it out and make double your money easy.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Azriel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Part it, turn the shell into a track car.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vancityguy
dash kit, iggees seat covers, wheelskins steering wheel cover, driver/pass mats/cargo mat, race pedals, arm rest cushion, driver info plate, shift boot replace, shift **** replacement.
Just like that. Or buy the stuff used.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM
642buteo
Advanced

love seeing these pics , cars in barns website is also my favourite site to check every other month. thanks for posting pics
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 AM
uptown193
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dude, don't bother unless your very bored and have money to throw away. It is not worth it at all.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Finally got in touch with the owner yesterday. He worked on an oil rig out in the gulf and while laid off, decided to roof his house and fell off. He is an older guy and said he has problems getting around now and bending over and doesnt want to fool with the cars, thats why he's getting rid of them. He bought this car from his cousin about 5 years ago with the intentions of restoring it. It had issues with the TPI so he took it off and put a carb on it just to see how the car drove. He said the engine and tranny were strong and the car tracked straight. He put the TPI back on it and has had issues with it still and doesnt want to fool with it anymore. He bought a new digi dash for it 2 years ago and it comes with the factory wheels along with the GTAs. May go look at it this weekend as I have several "spare" TPI setups in my shop that I bought for my IROC. Just havent made up my mind if I need another project just yet.

Quick Reply: Another "shed" find