Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

If you have helped a fellow Forum brother out or you have been helped out post here

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:44 PM
MUSTANGKILLA
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Default If you have helped a fellow Forum brother out or you have been helped out post here

I want to to set up a little thread to show what I believe to be the Brotherhood of Corvette owners . As some of you know I am on the install phase of a Chad Golen Built 514hp stroker . Along the way I have received great wisdom and suggestions . I wanted to give a shout out to Mr. Peabody my friend Mark .I was talking about switching my Throttle Body from the stock 48mm to a BBK 52mm. That being said my brother Mark pm’d me and offered his brand new in the box Bbk 52mm TB , I don’t want to compromise our private deal . But let me state that Mark basically gave me this bad azz TB. He is a great dude and a corvette collector ( if you own one ☝️ you are an owner if you have two or more you are a collector) 😂 Mark aka mr. Peabody set up a meeting place , pulled up in a clean shining blue c-5 ( I heard him before I saw him lol) with a handshake 🤝 and a promise to show him the car when done . ( I plan to and let him drive it ) After some solid opti info and Corvette talk , I left with a gasket included 52mm BBK TB and a new brother . Thank you Mr Peabody !! I will see you soon !
I also was helped out By another brother “Chad” forgot his handle . I also did the Dana 36 to 44hd change out. Chad Made that work out with a correct drive line and C-beam . thank you sir !
I would like to give everyone the opportunity to give a shout out to brothers from this forum that have given or received some blessings from within the C4 forum ! Let’s hear it folks . In my humble opinion this is one of the best parts of being a corvette guy , is the people you meet ! GOD bless &lightem up at the light !
Rob
The following 3 users liked this post by MUSTANGKILLA:
Fiberbundle (07-29-2021), Mr. Peabody (07-30-2021), puufgone (07-30-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 08:27 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Been helped by so many I couldnt count. Tech help, parts, tools its endless.
The following users liked this post:
MUSTANGKILLA (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 09:19 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,016 Likes on 2,534 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by cv67
Been helped by so many I couldnt count. Tech help, parts, tools its endless.
^ this^

C-4, C-1-2, I've had so much help it's beyond description. I needed an exhaust manifold for my '64. One of the regulars was talking about one he had and asked my address. Next thing I know, it shows up at my house, with the return address of a UPS store so I couldn't even pay him for it. Another guy had a job-specific tool, when he finished that part of his project he sent it to me.

On the other hand, I try to pass stuff forward myself from time to time. Yes, if it might bring decent $ I post in the "For Sale" section but other things I just put out there saying "First one to say so gets it, free".

Another facet is the tech support. When I pulled the body off the '64, one of the guys had just been through it and I think I called him about 3 times in a half hour as mine was in progress. It's a help when doing something the first time, to have someone to help you along.

MUSTANGKILLA (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 07:23 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

This board and boards like it are essential to owning and operating these classic cars!

Been a C4 driver (a 95 LT1/M6 '02-07, 91 ZR-1 '07-present) since 2002, and an auto DIY'er since '67. I found this board extremely valuable to a new car owner (especially) - help found here has guided me through dozens of maintenance items and saved me A LOT of trial and error! Now, I still seek info, but try to pay back with stuff I have found and successful projects, etc.

Lots of valuable stuff on the "STICKY" notes at the top of the page. In fact there is so much GOOD info here (and on the ZR1 Net Registry board too) that anyone with basic tools can perform all but major stuff as a DIY'er. No offense to anybody here that works at a factory shop, but I (as well as other too, I'm sure) almost never take my Vettes to a dealer's shop - MUCH preferring the expertise of one of the C4 practitioners WAAAAY before ever trusting my (ZR-1 especially) to some mechanic that wasn't even alive when this car was born.

Without this and select other boards and its contributors, owning cars like these would be a very different experience, to be sure!!!
Old 07-30-2021, 11:09 AM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 801 Likes on 574 Posts

I always offer used parts for shipping only before throwing away. Have sent a 96 radiator, water pump and a remote I could not get to work. Dan
Old 07-30-2021, 11:46 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

I've helped a few people...and a few have helped me, too!
Old 07-30-2021, 06:54 PM
MUSTANGKILLA
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Default This is all good stuff !!!

These examples are the reason I started this post . Everyone who has posted has been expressing the true Heart of Corvette!!! The people who own, operate, and maintain these pieces of American Art ! Keep them coming folks . There may very well be a few people that are intimidated by the vast wealth of knowledge they see posted and didn’t realize , that this is for you also . If your knew and would like to ask questions you may deem stupid , on the contrary we all needed that answered once or twice and still do . This Forum has saved millions of dollars in mechanical fees , parts and sleepless nights !!! Post away

Get notified of new replies

To If you have helped a fellow Forum brother out or you have been helped out post here

Quick Reply: If you have helped a fellow Forum brother out or you have been helped out post here