C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Mad As Hell With Em

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Quiktrp94
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zix
They tried to call his shop today but apparently they can't call EM back...
He doesn't want them to call the shop, he wants them (Merle) to call him!!! What's so hard to understand about that????
Old 04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiktrp94
He doesn't want them to call the shop, he wants them (Merle) to call him!!! What's so hard to understand about that????
Not a thing, and I really wish they would! But it's also not very helpful when you tell someone (Trevor) to talk to the shop, and then tell the shop not to call them (EM) back...
Old 04-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

OK, here's the bottom line(since this is really getting nowhere).

Gene, are the headers on the car and are you satisfied with the fit?
If so, I think we should just end it and any remaining money you owe Merle(if there is any like he says) you keep.

If the headers are not installed to your satisfaction, I would suggest having Merle arrange to have them picked up at his expense and refund the price of the headers only.

If all you are looking for is a phone call from Merle, I suggest that Merle pick up the phone ASAP and get this thing worked out.

This thread has about run it's course.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
jak112460
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zix
They tried to call his shop today but apparently they can't call EM back...

How do you know that they tried to call? You are taking their side of this and assuming they called. Were you standing there when they called? If you were it's a sad commentary that you had to stand there to get them to call a dissatisfied customer. If you were not there then you are taking the word of a company that sends out shoddy product and then waits over 20 days to call a customer. Even worse you are taking their side based on stuff they supposedly tell you but you won't tell on this board. If you are going to be their spokesperson don't come on here and defend EM and say you can't say what they told you. Let them say it and don't say you know stuff that you can't say. That's childish. What's even more childish is a vendor telling this board that they were too busy at work and had jury duty also. Why don't you defend that?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Dan Parker '96
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lock this distraction.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Fubar569
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan Parker '96
Lock this distraction.
i agree!

btw...how the bloody hell did it reach 12 pages anyways?????
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 PM
TorchRedlt4man
Drifting

Location: Chicago Executive Airport, formerly known as Palwaukee
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by VetNutJim
IMHO,

The Customer paid pretty 'good' money for headers that SHOULD have fit his car.
The headers didn't fit.
In this case it appears the Vendor didn't do an adequate job of R&D on the headers since they would not fit.

The Vendor essentially 'condoned' the Customer doing the R&D to make the parts work.
The Customer then did the R&D at his own expense.

There are many products the Customer 'could' have bought that would not have required additional work OR the aggravation the customer has been put through.

At THIS point, unless the parts are recoated, the money for coating is practically a total waste.

IMHO,
The Vendor should return (ALL) the Customers money AND the money the Customer had to spend to accomplish the R&D and get the parts to fit.

The Customer should give the Vendor pictures of what he did so the Vendor will not repeat this action with another customer.

Again, IMHO, this is pretty much the correct (and fair) thing for both of these folks.
If I were on the Customer end it's the ONLY thing I'd EVER think would make it be right.
If I were the Vendor, I'd be glad someone went to all the trouble to correct my product for me but I WOULD NOT expect to accept money for something that not only didn't work but turned into a MAJOR point of aggravation for the Customer.

Chopping your Vette up to make someone's parts fit is NOT in the realm of reasonable.
Sending out expensive headers that won't fit is bad business practice, period.
I'm SURE if the Customer had known this up front he would have sent his money to a DIFFERENT vendor.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:46 AM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Old 04-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Nico
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetNutJim
IMHO,

The Customer paid pretty 'good' money for headers that SHOULD have fit his car.
The headers didn't fit.
In this case it appears the Vendor didn't do an adequate job of R&D on the headers since they would not fit.

The Vendor essentially 'condoned' the Customer doing the R&D to make the parts work.
The Customer then did the R&D at his own expense.

There are many products the Customer 'could' have bought that would not have required additional work OR the aggravation the customer has been put through.

At THIS point, unless the parts are recoated, the money for coating is practically a total waste.

IMHO,
The Vendor should return (ALL) the Customers money AND the money the Customer had to spend to accomplish the R&D and get the parts to fit.

The Customer should give the Vendor pictures of what he did so the Vendor will not repeat this action with another customer.

Again, IMHO, this is pretty much the correct (and fair) thing for both of these folks.
If I were on the Customer end it's the ONLY thing I'd EVER think would make it be right.
If I were the Vendor, I'd be glad someone went to all the trouble to correct my product for me but I WOULD NOT expect to accept money for something that not only didn't work but turned into a MAJOR point of aggravation for the Customer.

Chopping your Vette up to make someone's parts fit is NOT in the realm of reasonable.
Sending out expensive headers that won't fit is bad business practice, period.
I'm SURE if the Customer had known this up front he would have sent his money to a DIFFERENT vendor.
I like to trow in my 2 cents because I have also a company designing new products, a laboratory. I HAVE BEEN THERE
To my opinion above you find the most constructive and positive reply in this whole thread.
I had the same here, sold a tuner to a customer. He placed it at a spot where it received severe shocks, so I guess his fault, but..... After two month the motor shaft broke and he was very p..... because he had to redesign a part to survive the shocks and continue production, all at his cost in a hurry. I refunded him his money in exchange for the drawings of his mod. Now I make a stronger product and he is happy.
YOU ARE VERY RIGHT VET NUT JIM.
This is how is should go. EM should be happy to have it sorted out at VERY LITTLE ENGINEERING EFFORT AND COST and the customer is happy that he has its product
Old 04-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jak112460
How do you know that they tried to call? You are taking their side of this and assuming they called. Were you standing there when they called?
No read the thread! Bacrardioil said that they called, but he asked his shop not to call them back. This thread has obviously gotten WAY out of control...and yes it could have been ended quickly by an easy call from EM to Gene. I can't say why that didn't/hasn't happened because I don't talk to them that often, and when I do it's usually about completely different matters (much to the disbelief of some people here I'm sure).

I've tried helping (again to the disbelief of some) I called Trevor at home last week and asked him to call Gene and he did, when I got Merle on the phone yesterday I told him he needed to respond in this thread and he did...I also told him he needed to call Gene ASAP to try and resolve this or else they are just going to get dragged through the mud even more...that unfortunately didn't happen. I haven't talked to him since then, I've only talked to Trevor a couple of times, and again about completely seperate matters. I probably should have stayed out of it, but when it comes to EM and the Internet I usually try to help them out because they do not monitor this forum much at all...which is one reason why Merle only has 15 or so posts here over the past couple of years.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jak112460
Even worse you are taking their side based on stuff they supposedly tell you but you won't tell on this board. If you are going to be their spokesperson don't come on here and defend EM and say you can't say what they told you. Let them say it and don't say you know stuff that you can't say.
Once again, I don't repeat things told to me because that causes miscommunications...and this ordeal has enough of that as it is. I've only reacted on statements posted here, not what I was told elsewhere. And everything that was posted here from EM and Bacardioil is what I've been told...nothing more, nothing less. Oh, I have not taken any sides...because if you read the thread (again) you'll notice that blame cannot go 100% to either party.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fubar569
i agree!

btw...how the bloody hell did it reach 12 pages anyways?????
It's only three pages on mine.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

OK, at this point there should only be three people posting in this thread. Me, bacardioil and Merle. Nobody else.

The dispute is between Merle and Gene and I am the mediator. This should have been handled off the forum, but since it has appeared, I will let it stand for now. But any of you who are not the three listed post something that doesn't directly relate to teh subject at hand will result in this thread shutting down and your posting privileges revoked for a certain period of time(to be determined by my mood at the time).
Old 04-22-2006, 09:06 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mr mojo
i would like to say thank you to you personally for allowing this thread to go this far, twelve pages. do to my bad typing skills, grammar, punctuation. as it has been said here to me, trying to get my point across. my secretary will do the typing from this point on.

Guys,
I started this thread because I did not receive a response to an improper fit problem I was having with a set of EM headers. As you can see by my PM to Zix, I in no way was trying to put Merle or Trevor down. A simple phone call to me would have prevented this thread from ever starting, but it never came.

I would like to thank all who put input into this thread, positive or negative. I in no way wanted to insult anyone for their opinion.

I hope that we have all learned something from this thread, customer or vendor. Communication between parties is very important, and unfortunately that was not the result in this situation.

Mr Mojo,
Currently the headers have been fitted properly to my car, by the Vette Shop. I bore all the cost of the proper fitting of the headers. All this due to lack of a return phone call, which could have solved the whole problem.

Merle,
I am so sorry that this situation had to come to this end. I did not want this to happen from the start, but you left me no choice but to come to this forum.
I wish that this situation could have been resolved amicably.

Mr Mojo,
This is my last entry on this thread. I thank you, and all members, who tried to help resolve this situation.

Gene

Quick Reply: Mad As Hell With Em