C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Mad As Hell With Em

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mad As Hell With Em

HERES THE PROBLEM GUYS. CALLED MELE ON DEC.27,2005 WANTED TO ORDER THE 1 3/4 STEP UP HEADERS. MELE TALKED ME IN THE 1 7/8 LONG TUBE RACING HEADERS THEY HAVE. I NEEDED A 02 BONG PUT INTO NUMBER 7 TUBE FOR MY WIDE BAND. CERAMIC COATED IN BLACK. OK ORDER PLACED. WIRED MONEY 1415.00 SAME DAY PAID IN FULL. THEN MELE CALLS HEADERS ARE DONE, BUT WE HAVE A PROBLEM THEY PUT THE 02 BONG IN NUMBER 8. AT THIS POINT NEEDED THE HEADERS CANT WAIT 3 OR MORE WEEK TO FIX THE PROBLEM. EXCEPTED THE HEADERS WITH THE BONG IN NUMBER JUST HAVE PLUG NUMBER 8, NO BIG DEAL. HEADERS ARRIVE NEXT DAY AT VETTE SHOP. THEY START INSTALLING HEADER DRIVER SIDE FIRST, WILL NOT FIT NO WAY, THE VETTE SHOP CALL MELE, STATES TRIM THE ENGINE MOUNT SHIELD WERE HITTING, NO PROBLEM TRIM SHIELD, HEADERS STILL DONT FIT HITTING MOUNT IT SELF NOW. ONLY OTHER THING TO DO IS CUT HEADER TUBE AND CHANGE BEND TO FIT. DONE HEADERS NOW FIT, BUT CANT BOLT UP TO HEAD. FLANGE HITTING THE HEAD BOLTS OK GRIND FLANGE TO CLEAR THE BOLTS. DONE HEADER NOW FITS. NOW TO THE PASSINGER SIDE AGAIN AFTER TRYING EVERYTHING HEADER HITTING HEATER BOX. AGAIN CUT HEADER TUBE TO CLEAR HEATER BOX. IN THE MEAN TIME I CALL MELE TELL HIM ALL THE PROBLEMS WE ARE HAVING, HIS ANSWER WELL THEY FIT ON 87 AND 89s. MELE I TOLD YOU THE CAR IS 93 LT1 WHEN ORDERING THE HEADERS. HIS ANSWER HE WILL TALK TO HIS FAB MAN. THATS BEEN 10 DAYS NOW. I HAVE CALLED 3 TIMES THIS WEEK AN ONLY GET THE MACHINE. NO ONE EVER SEEMS THE BE THERE ON THEIR STORE HOURS. YESTERDAY LEFT A MESSAGE. ITS NOW 12; 33PM THURSDAY. NO RETURN CALL AS OF YET. INFORUMED MOJO, HE SENT IT TO THE ADMINISTOR. NO WORD AS OF YET. GUYS I WILL SAY THIS THE HEADERS ARE VERY NICE HEADERS, BUT THEY DIDNT FIT. THE MONEY I SPENT FOR THE HEADERS, THE TIME AND MONEY SPENT FOR FOR THE VETTE SHOP TO REFAB AND RECOAT THE HEADERS HAS MADE ME MADDER THEN HELL NO RETURN CALL FROM MELE AND HES A VENDER HERE. IF MELE WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME THE HEADERS I WANTED FIRST I WOULD NOT BE HERE MAD AS HELL. AT THIS POINT I WANT MELE TO REINBURSE ME FOR THE MONEY SPENT FOR THE REFOB AND TIME SPENT FOR THE WORK. I HAVE WAITED ALMOST TWO WEEKS NOW BEFORE POSTING THIS TO GIVE MELE A CHANCE TO WORK THIS OUT BUT IT HAS GONE WERE, SO NOW IAM POSTING. REMEMBER GUYS EM WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DONT CALL US I'LL CALL YOU.
REGARDS GENE

Last edited by bacardioil; 04-13-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Something I dont understand is why they wouldnt fit a LT1. There are a lot of people, Nathan being one that comes to mind that are using L98 headers on the LT1. The only mod to be done was turning the motor mount bolt around. But those are Hooker headers if that made any difference. But at any rate, sorry to hear about your problems. It sux to spend money and time and not get anything useful for it. Believe me, I feel your pain.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
MrNuke
Le Mans Master

Why'd you wire them money?? You have NO way to force the money back if there was a problem if you wire funds.. I know it's a moot point now, but still..

I'd be waaay peewed too...
Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Gene, sorry to hear about your troubles. You have fought the ggod fight throughout the build up. Cannot say much to make you feel better, but I hope it all works out for you
Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 PM
bacardioil
Pro

93 Rag Top
The Vette Shop Call Me And I Went To See For Myself They Would Not Fit. Still No Call Back From Mele. Some Forum Vender
Old 04-13-2006, 01:22 PM
bacardioil
Pro

pete
the vette shop knows what they are doing when they told me the headers didnt fit i believe them but they wanted me to see for myself.
i've waited a long time because i didnt want to be beating on a vender here but whats right is right.
thank pete
Old 04-13-2006, 01:25 PM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bacardioil
93 Rag Top
The Vette Shop Call Me And I Went To See For Myself They Would Not Fit. Still No Call Back From Mele. Some Forum Vender

Oh I believe you, I just wonder how they would fit a L98 and not the LT1.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bacardioil
pete
the vette shop knows what they are doing when they told me the headers didnt fit i believe them but they wanted me to see for myself.
i've waited a long time because i didnt want to be beating on a vender here but whats right is right.
thank pete
Yep, I would not doubt the shop. Header fitment is pretty cut and dry. They fit or they don't. My previous experiences with em for other(smaller) items were great. Hopefully they do the right thing for you. Keep your chin up.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Very sorry and surpirsed to hear of your problems. EM is usually good to deal with.

Curious, why did Merle recommend that you go with the full race headers rather than the normal 1-3/4 headers? I'm not aware of anyone else on the forum who has tried their race headers, but tons of us have their standard ones.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
bacardioil
Pro

93 ragtop
iam a very easy guy to deal with ask greg from blower work. i dont mine paying for something but give me what iam paying for. i payed for top dollar headers and not even a call back from mele. seams like he almost new they arent going to fit.
regards
Old 04-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are the first to test the fitment on the newly design 1 7/8 step up header. While a go I saw the pic of it. It is indeed a awsome header but fitment sound horrible. Just like any other newly release products. it starts out sucks and gradually get better.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
bacardioil
Pro

mark
mele told me that their racing headers will out do their lesser price headers.
thanks
Old 04-13-2006, 01:39 PM
bacardioil
Pro

bruce
he didnt sell me the step up he told me to go with the 17/8s dont know why i wanted the stepups.
regards
Old 04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
bacardioil
Pro

bruce
dont get me wrong they are nice headers but they didnt fit at all. still after 10 day nothing.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:10 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Mr Nuke
That The Way Mele Wanted It Paid In Full
I Didnt Have A Problem With That, Hes A Vender Here.
Regards
Old 04-13-2006, 02:11 PM
C4driver99
Pro

Id be mad as hell too. Anther vendor gone wrong??? Not a surprise. Hard to find anyone who is loyal as they claim
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I have heard stories of EM not being exactly #1 in customer service.

Nice product, sure, but not always there.

Get notified of new replies

To Mad As Hell With Em

Old 04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Andy
You Have No Idea How Mad I Am Not Even A Call Back. ANDY I'LL BEAT ON THIS TO NO END.
Regards Gene

Last edited by bacardioil; 04-13-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:38 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Gene,

Being local, I've done quite a bit of business w/ them & have no complaints. They are a small company and Merle & Trevor are not always readily available. Maybe Merle is out on some biz and Trevor is wrenching away in the shop. Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration but let's not condemn the man yet. Sometimes it takes a day but, Merle will return your call.

Jeff

btw...Judging by your mods, I'm sure Merle recommended the 1-7/8" Race Headers because they are the better header for the kind of power you are putting down.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:50 PM
bacardioil
Pro

JEFNTSA
YES THATS WHY MELE WANTED ME TO GO WITH THE 1'7/8 I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. BUT ITS BEEN 10 DAYS AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE NEW FAB WORK DONE TO THE HEADERS TO GET INSTALLED. FROM WHAT THE VETTE SHOP THINKS IS THE HEATER BOX IS SHAPED DIFFERENT IN 93 THEN 87 AND 89 THEIR HAS TO BE SOME KIND A CHANGE IN THE ENGINE COMPARTANT FOR THE LT1s. their are a lot of people on this forum that know i didnt want to do this on the forum. not my style. but this has cost me money that i didnt need to spend. his fab man made the mistake and i have to pay for it thats not right. just looking to have the right thing done. iam in business and if one of my men make a mistake i have to make it right thats business.
regards

Last edited by bacardioil; 04-13-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Mad As Hell With Em