C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Mad As Hell With Em

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:58 PM
MrNuke
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'll stick to LPE or SLP for any headers in the future..
Old 04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
bacardioil
Pro

mr nuke
iam in business if my men make a mistake i make good or lose the customer. i make good. you have no idea of the things i have made good for because of a man making a mistake. they are still my customer and they get me more customers because i did them right. more business should think like that. like i said the headers are real nice just didnt fit. they fit now.
regards
Old 04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by bacardioil
mr nuke
iam in business if my men make a mistake i make good or lose the customer. i make good. you have no idea of the things i have made good for because of a man making a mistake. they are still my customer and they get me more customers because i did them right. more business should think like that. like i said the headers are real nice just didnt fit. they fit now.
regards
Wait a minute; I thought you said, no matter what you've done, they don't fit. Do they now fit? Not saying you didn't go to a lot of extra cost, but one of the issues is if they fit at all, including all the work you and vette shop have done.

As to not returning calls, jefnsla, I agree: small shops have "difficulties" between doing the work, sales, tech questions, making calls, returning calls, etc. But that's the break point---somewhere along the way, you gotta make the effort to answer or return the calls. Otherwise, you are a business that is going away---you just haven't shut your doors yet.

The real difference is taking some of the extra cash, or some of the essential (and non-extra) cash and hiring someone if you can't or won't do those calls. That is called the break point. And in another sense, it can make you or break you. It can bring in biz or drive you out of biz. But no matter, it is essential.

Hope your problems get solved bacardi!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:28 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a good story, sorry to hear it. I hope they do you right, and it is just some glich in their communication from getting it resolved.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

just looking to have the right thing done. iam in business and if one of my men make a mistake i have to make it right thats business.
regards
I hear ya' & agree.

In addition, there's nothing like wanting answers now and not getting them. Merle has been in business quite awhile and I can't imagine that he is ducking you. He may be waiting for some answers on his end in order to give you the answers that you need. Regardless, he needs to take care of this and I'm sure he will. Unfortunately, what is top-priority to you isn't always treated the same way on the other end.

Have faith...
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Lt4
1. Let Me Tell You This If I Didnt Return A Call To My Customer In 10 Days I Would Lose That Customer An Many More And I Dont Mean To Sound Like A Smart ***.
2. Yes The Headers Fit Now After They Cut Out The Problem An Refabbed The Two Tubes That Were The Problem. And Then Recoated The Headers.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Jefntsa
When In Business, Your Business Is Top Priorty. Mine Is.
Regards
Old 04-13-2006, 03:42 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

That's not sounding like a smart azz to me. Sounds pretty damned reasonable.

Hey, I've gotten calls back from "small business owners" at 11 pm!!! And you know what? I didn't mind it at all. They're trying. And they are keeping my business.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
bacardioil
Pro

Mseven
Thank You As I Said At The Start I Didnt Want To Have To Come On The Forum With Did Problem.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
bacardioil
Pro

thanks lt4 glad you understand again thanks
Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

...... of the things i have made good for because of a man making a mistake. they are still my customer and they get me more customers because i did them right. more business should think like that.....
absolutely dead on, dead on, dead on (ad nauseum) correct.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:53 PM
bacardioil
Pro

thanks hot rod
the problem with me is i say it like it is. my friend like it because i say what they dont like to hear.thats a friend, but iam always their for them. people who work for me eat before i do and i share well with them we do well. its call one hand washes the other.

Last edited by bacardioil; 04-13-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
JEFNLSA
Melting Slicks

Jefntsa
When In Business, Your Business Is Top Priorty. Mine Is.
Regards
Once again I hear ya' BUT, at any one time EM has at least 5 Vettes in their shop (not to mention outside sales etc...) so they are spread a little thin. Like I said, what's top-priority to you may not be the same on the other end. Hard to say what else they are juggling?

In all sincerity, I know this situation sucks for you and I hope that Merle gets back to you asap. I know, as a businessman, he wouldn't want the bad publicity so let's hope he moves this up the priority ladder.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
bacardioil
Pro

thanks again jefntsa
like i said at the start i didnt want to do this and a lot of guys know this. just not my thing.
regards
Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 PM
MrNuke
Le Mans Master

mr nuke
regards
I own my own company too and have bent over backwards to resolve any issues if ever anything came up in the past.

On another note, I've used LPE before and had no problemw ith their headers on my other vette, so I guess I'll stick to them.. Well.. Maybe check StainlessWorks out in teh future...
Old 04-13-2006, 04:21 PM
bacardioil
Pro

thanks mr nuke
you know what it all about. makes no difference how small you are. ionly want whats right. sometimes a customer is not always right, but do what i must do.
thats business.
regards
Old 04-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks mr nuke
you know what it all about. makes no difference how small you are. ionly want whats right. sometimes a customer is not always right, but do what i must do.
thats business.
regards
You should be getting a call VERY shortly

Get notified of new replies

To Mad As Hell With Em

Old 04-13-2006, 05:06 PM
aqualung
Instructor

Sorry to hear of your problems bacardioil. I agree, if EM talked you into 1 7/8 headers, they should either fit or they should refund your money.

Because if you just ordered the 1 3/4 headers like originally planned, trust me, we would not be having this discussion. The 1 3/4 header fit on my 92 LT1 like a glove, no problems at all.

Anyways, try and be paitent and keep pestering them. I am sure you guys will work something out. Merle seemed like an OK guy when I dealt with him.

Good luck.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

I haven't read the whole story but I can say that a little patience is always important with dealing with any small buisness especially at this time of the year. This is the time of year when everyone is getting thier cars out of storage, race tracks are opening, people are getting tax refunds back, the small buisness is likely rushing to get taxes DONE, etc..

I got to say probally the worse thing about my buisness is handling phone calls. It is so difficult to answer phones, do mail order, juggle dyno tuning appointments, answer emails etc.

Sounds simple but have you left a message with them saying that you've desperately been awaiting a returned message?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

thanks hot rod
the problem with me is i say it like it is. my friend like it because i say what they dont like to hear.thats a friend, but iam always their for them. people who work for me eat before i do and i share well with them we do well. its call one hand washes the other.
You sound like you'd be a good fellow to work for. The shop where I work has to eat jobs sometimes. Sometimes because we screwed up and sometimes just to satisfy a customer. That's just the way it is in business occasionally. It sounds to me as if they should reimburse you for the extra necessary work and re-coating at the very least, if they're interested in retaining their generally good reputation here on the forum. I could mention other vendors here who have gone the extra mile in a difficult situation, both from personal and anecdotal experience. It sounds like it's time for them to do like-wise.

Quick Reply: Mad As Hell With Em