C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Blownlt1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window regulator

84 coupe
My passenger side window regulator is broken. The motor and guide work, but the teeth or belt that raise and lower the window are broken, can i buy just the belt of chain, or whatever it is i need. If so where and how much?

thanks ,
Muffler
Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 PM
The Batmobile
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blownlt1
84 coupe
My passenger side window regulator is broken. The motor and guide work, but the teeth or belt that raise and lower the window are broken, can i buy just the belt of chain, or whatever it is i need. If so where and how much?

thanks ,
Muffler

What you need is a window ribbon. You get them at Ecklers for like $20. I have to go outside and replace mine after the Cowboys game.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Blownlt1
Instructor

would an autozone or advance auto parts carry them?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
staugur
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NAPA has them,just bought two.Very common part,try autozone or advanced if you don't have napa.$20 and a great couple of hours
Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM
glide
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'19

If you're going to all the trouble to get to the regulator out you probably should upgrade to the 86+ scissors style. I did and they are fast and foolproof. You can find them in the parts section of this forum. Good Luck!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Blownlt1
Instructor

you say that napa has the track, but i was just at a napa and they didnt have them in their catalog.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by glide
If you're going to all the trouble to get to the regulator out you probably should upgrade to the 86+ scissors style. I did and they are fast and foolproof. You can find them in the parts section of this forum. Good Luck!
84-86E design is crap. It sounds like you're about to spend 2 hours of your time and end up with disappointing results.

http://webpages.charter.net/khasting...windowreg.html
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownlt1
you say that napa has the track, but i was just at a napa and they didnt have them in their catalog.
Many auto parts stores carry the nylon or plastic window regulator ribbon in the "Help" brand line. Instead of in catalogs (or on the computer) it is on display in the front of the store. It is listed to fit a Dodge or some Mopar van. It works like a charm. Just be sure to cut it to length before you reinstall the door panel.

RACE ON!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CFI-EFI
Many auto parts stores carry the nylon or plastic window regulator ribbon in the "Help" brand line. Instead of in catalogs (or on the computer) it is on display in the front of the store. It is listed to fit a Dodge or some Mopar van. It works like a charm. Just be sure to cut it to length before you reinstall the door panel.

RACE ON!!!
Go to the "Help" section and match up your ribbon to the Chrysler one. It's in stock, in my town of 10,000.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 PM
staugur
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CFI-EFI

RACE ON!!!
Dead right on both.Make sure you cut it.It's much too long and if you fit it with the window half way(which I found the easiest) after you put it all back together the window won't go down all the way and it will bind up.Push the slide all the way up the column and cut it 2 or 3 inches from the gear drive on the motor.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Blownlt1
Instructor

thanks for all of your help, luckily it has been sunny and hasnt rained, i went to ecklers and the ribbon got her today, thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To window regulator

Quick Reply: window regulator