C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Daniel Stern Lighting Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 AM
dan6712cc
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figured it out, the feed wires from the driver headlight go to the low/high relays, the ground from the driver headlight goes to the low relay and the ground from the passenger headlight goes to the high relay. Then the fog lights are grounded directly to the chassis instead of the high beam filament to keep the high beam indicator light from turning on when the fog lights are only turned on.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

My other 85/80W burned out the other day, had the same glass bubble on the bulb, across from the internal reflector, as the first one.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Figured out the high beam problem, inline fuse was to lose in holder, crimped it down and works now!

BUT- my friend and I checked out everything we could with a DMM and the wiring diagram from the FSM, and still we could not get the driving lights to work with the new wiring. We can switch back to old wiring as a test, and it would work. He says the ground is really to the relay (we think is under the passenger side dash) and not the filament, that operates the driving lights and then runs to the filament. So we cannot get to the relay, so cannot change the ground.

Are your driving lights working properly?

Anyone solve this, how specifically?

Quick Reply: Daniel Stern Lighting Upgrade