C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Headlights blinking

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:15 AM
Chris Millikan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights blinking

I have a 1948 Chevy truck that I put an LT1 out of a totaled 91 corvette in it. It has a painless wiring harness with factory computer and mostly factory wiring. My headlights have started blinking on and off. I don’t believe it’s a loose wire because it does it sitting still in the driveway with the engine not even running. It has to be some kind of voltage issue but I don’t know what to check. It’s been working fine but now it seems like as soon as they’ve been on a while something warms up and it starts acting up. Thanks for any help
Old 03-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Churchkey
Melting Slicks

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

Stock headlight switch? HL switch has a circuit breaker built into it your issue is common when the switch circuit breaker gets weak / fails.

If the lights draw to much current when using high wattage H4's etc the switch circuit breaker will trip/reset. If this is the case you will need 2 relays for the headlights.

Good luck
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Churchkey
Stock headlight switch? HL switch has a circuit breaker built into it your issue is common when the switch circuit breaker gets weak / fails.

If the lights draw to much current when using high wattage H4's etc the switch circuit breaker will trip/reset. If this is the case you will need 2 relays for the headlights.

Good luck
^^^^

This relay configuration when coupled with proper wiring will/should certainly improve the lighting also. Nearly everyone could benefit from rewiring headlamp circuits using relays!!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:44 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

hadthe same problem in my old 67 ford pick up. Was the headlight light switch.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:58 AM
fredk
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Just to let u know the LT1 came out in 92.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlights blinking

Quick Reply: Headlights blinking