C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What types of places would sell Methynol?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
i run denatured alchy threw my ecs kit. i am running though a 3 bar map were your guys are probably running 2 bar. i want the alchy to really ramp hard in the 14.7 to 22 psi area.
Nick, can you translate that please? Are you saying denatured alcohol is better to use for some reason?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:13 PM
blwnc5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run denatured alchy threw my ecs kit. i am running though a 3 bar map were your guys are probably running 2 bar. i want the alchy to really ramp hard in the 14.7 to 22 psi area.
denatured stuff really stinks when i spary and your behind me. i cannot smell in the car when spraying.
So performance wise there is a differance from the stuff at Home Depo and the race stuff, My tuner said he would like me to run the race stuff when he checks my car with the cooler weather, I have just had a hard time finding it in stock anywhere North of Chicago, Thanks for your help. Ken
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Nat04Z06
Nick, can you translate that please? Are you saying denatured alcohol is better to use for some reason?

sorry :o

see nat the alchy is controlled, whether its denatured or meth. by a map sensor. most of the alchy kits that jose and ecs sell are probably 2 bar mine is 3 bar. this just means that yours will inject from X psi up to 14.7 psi. if you were to run more then 14.7 your alchy injstion will not increase any more. these kits inject on a linear rate. mine will still be injecting alchy or denatured past 14.7.

"there is no difference between denatured or meth as far as perforamnce" Jose

denatured stinks like antifreeze though, itll scare you, "crap i blew a head gasket!"

nat we need to go for a cruise. are you north or west of me? or both
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Thanks for clarifying that Nick.

Yes, I'm both north and west of you. I'm an hour north of Harrisburg, but would love to meet you somewhere and check out your car. Probably the best way would be to meet along Rt 80 somewhere. I think Hazleton would be about 1/2 way for both of us. I'm about 10 miles off the danville exit of rt 80. Let's do it before the weather gets lousy.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for clarifying that Nick.

Yes, I'm both north and west of you. I'm an hour north of Harrisburg, but would love to meet you somewhere and check out your car. Probably the best way would be to meet along Rt 80 somewhere. I think Hazleton would be about 1/2 way for both of us. I'm about 10 miles off the danville exit of rt 80. Let's do it before the weather gets lousy.

ill pm you

nat i use to ride my gsxr threw shamokin. those roads are KILLER! the ones that go up and over the mountian. absoutley meet soon. i ll call jersey jay too.
i also use to ride my yz426 at that motorcross track. thats were i broke my leg and ended my motorcycle roadracing career/hobby.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

denatured stuff really stinks when i spary and your behind me. i cannot smell in the car when spraying.
Nick, you weren't kidding this denatured alcohol stinks! Whoa, today was the first day I was able to drive the car after filling the tank with it and my God I can smell it really strong inside the car! I may syphon the rest out and replace it with methanol. It's that bad!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:47 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Nick, you weren't kidding this denatured alcohol stinks! Whoa, today was the first day I was able to drive the car after filling the tank with it and my God I can smell it really strong inside the car! I may syphon the rest out and replace it with methanol. It's that bad!

smells like a blown head gasket, antifeeze. it only smells like that after its ran threw engine.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

ill pm you

nat i use to ride my gsxr threw shamokin. those roads are KILLER! the ones that go up and over the mountian. absoutley meet soon. i ll call jersey jay too.
i also use to ride my yz426 at that motorcross track. thats were i broke my leg and ended my motorcycle roadracing career/hobby.
Funny you mention that Nick. I've ridden two of my R1's and my Hayabusa over that road too. It's rt 125. That was actually a road we always tried to hit whenever we went on a ride. We'd follow it down to 81 and loop back up around.

Let's tentatively plan something for next weekend? PM me and let me know if that's good for you and Jay.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:32 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

that it !!!!!! 125

nat whats that motorcross track? they were to build killer ashphalt road track. yeah to next weekend sunday? dude i use to lay "darkies" threw those turns on my gsxr. thats when you lay rubber as your cranked over at 1XX mph.

hamburg exit would be cool to meet then take all those back roads to 125.

Funny you mention that Nick. I've ridden two of my R1's and my Hayabusa over that road too. It's rt 125. That was actually a road we always tried to hit whenever we went on a ride. We'd follow it down to 81 and loop back up around.

Let's tentatively plan something for next weekend? PM me and let me know if that's good for you and Jay.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM
JCOB2
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 69 Posts

Nat, have you forgotten how your old C5 smells when you sprayed it? Give the same nasty smell you're describing. Did you ever try running methanol in it instead of 50/50 alky/water?

Curious, what (if any) type of performance gains would I get from switching from a 50/50 denatured alky/ deionized water mixture to straight methanol? 6# boost application. are we talking like 5 rwhp that can only be seen on the dyno graph, or something that will give a SOTP gain?

-Jacob

Quick Reply: What types of places would sell Methynol?