C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil film on pan

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 01:45 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Oil film on pan

Question how easy is it to blow the front oil seal on a turbo car? Every time I change oil I notice a film where the drain hole is. It’s coming from above the drain hole somewhere. My assumption is it’s a seal. If so how much to replace and what is the best type for a turbo car
Old 05-05-2019, 06:20 PM
DrRaySomeDay
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you have any issues with your oil pressure readings? I had a steady leak and it ended up being the oil pressure sensor. Here is some info, I changed mine by pulling the windshield trim piece and cutting the through the shroud to access it, it's right behind the manifold. It only takes about 30-40 min max doing that way. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...placement.html
Old 05-06-2019, 08:14 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

No problems with pressure. Holds steady
Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

If you have a film around the drain hole its probably not the front seal. My guess would be the drain plug is leaking or the oil pan gasket itself is leaking. Try to trace the oil back to the point of origin.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil film on pan

Quick Reply: Oil film on pan