Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Shifter Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 PM
The03Z
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No search results on username "TPS 427X" or "TPS427X"...
Old 08-14-2016, 10:00 PM
Jwguns
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The03Z
No search results on username "TPS 427X" or "TPS427X"...
Try TPS MOTORSPORTS.COM Then search 427X shifter.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:25 PM
The03Z
Advanced

I couldn't find one on TPS Motorsports site. I ended up ordering one from VetteNuts. I'll let you guys know what I think.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:59 AM
The03Z
Advanced

I received the new shifter Friday. I spent maybe 60 minutes installing it Sunday. I watched a youtube video on how to install an aftermarket shifter. That helped me understand how the console and interior pieces could be disassembled, etc. If was easy, and went well. If I had to do it over, I could probably do it in 30 mins.

I have only driven it 15-20 miles since then, but so far I'm happy with the results. I like the C6 shifter ****, it looks and feels great. The shift effort went down considerably, but is also less precise. I think it's a better compromise for what I'm looking for.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Red Rag Top
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default C6 Shifter variants?

Are all manual C6's equipped with the same shifter mechanism from the factory? Or are there differences in shifters between model years or specific models? I see two different style ***** offered. PN 10354701 (snap loc ) and PN 25821873 (twist loc). I have a shifter from on 07 Z06 and I'm trying to buy the correct ****

Last edited by Red Rag Top; 08-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:02 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Rag Top
Are all manual C6's equipped with the same shifter mechanism from the factory? Or are there differences in shifters between model years or specific models? I see two different style ***** offered. PN 10354701 (snap loc ) and PN 25821873 (twist loc). I have a shifter from on 07 Z06 and I'm trying to buy the correct ****
I ran across another thread on this earlier today.
THe pics in that thread showed on the metal piece where the gear pattern (1-6/R is printed:
The pre-mid 2008 **** has a crosshatch or dotted pattern.
The post 2008 **** is smooth/has no pattern and a diagonal groove for the twist lock

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ift-*****.html

The bolt to attach the **** to te shaft is also different for the 2 *****.

(Small variants in the shifter itself - brass instead of rubber bushings

Found out yesterday GM has changed the part number for all shifters 2005-2017 to the same number. You need the serial number of the car to get the correct shifter.

Last edited by aj98; 08-23-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:40 AM
tanisdwninit
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Installed the C6 Corvette Shifter Kit in my 99 yesterday with my 12 year old son, just swapped the entire shifter so everything is now brand new. I have to say this thread along with couple others helped to have all the steps and lessons learned.

I made sure to take a picture on my phone first to gauge where the two torque tube fasteners were tightened down position wise before we unbolted the shifter since there is half inch or so either from front to back. Also the "ShifterAdjust.pdf" floating around on this forum really helped with the adjustment, milliliters count to get the shifter rod perfectly lined up from my experience to ensure all gears can be selected, we took the most time with the shifter adjustment and messing with the boot to fit over the larger c6 ****.

I am impressed with the result which as made my C5 faster and smoother since the throw is shorter and smoother. As mentioned before I agree its still a T56 transmission and in my case has 74k on it but has made the driving experience much better and happy I pulled the trigger and installed it.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:23 PM
DanoSTL
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrilled with It!

I am so pleased with the addition of the C6 shifter to my C5 Vert. Finally, the car shifts like I always wanted. Banging gears comes quick, smooth and predictable - way more fun now! The shifter position is fantastic. I was always disappointed that the wife's Mustang was more fun to drive. No longer - Gear Jammin' is now a blast in the Vette, too!

Also, the Redlinegoods leather for the e-brake and shifter are a perfect fit. The fit and finish is OE perfect. A bit of superglue and patience swapped over the original clip and wire to the new leather - highly recommended.

I can't say enough about how much enjoyment this upgrade (along with the Anti-Venom mod) has added to my C5 Corvette Experience.

Cheers from St. Louis!

Super-glue gel makes it fit perfect on the original GM plastic clip.

I cut the wire in half on the opposite side of the original e-brake boot and threaded it into the new Leather one.

Quick Reply: C6 Shifter Installation