Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With several bad Dealership stories surfacing, here's a good Dealership report!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default With several bad Dealership stories surfacing, here's a good Dealership report!

I dropped my C5 off yesterday morning for multiple warranty repairs under the GMPP (full extended warranty) at Moritz Chevrolet in Fort Worth including:

service ABS, traction control and active handling
squeaking pulleys
door locks
vert top rubbing

Not only did they repair everything without any hassle, they replaced three (03) pulleys, both door lock modules and my ECBM and ordered the weatherstripping per the vert top TSB.

The service advisor even called me when they were replacing the pulleys and suggested they go ahead and replace the belts. He said they'd only charge me for the new belts, no labor as the old ones were already off.

I've been very pleased with the way GM's local dealer here has treated me!!!!!!

Personally, I think GM and most of the Dealers have really turned a corner over the past 5-10 years. You can nit-pick any car, but IMHO, the C5 is an extremely well designed and well built car. I'm really impressed how easily the car comes apart and it goes back together just as easy.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've also had outstanding experience with my local dealer and my GMPP warranty. The only thing they didn't cover (because they claimed nothing could be done) was my vert top rubbing a small bit of paint off the tonneau. Was that your problem? Or something else? I seem to recall seeing a TSB about that very problem, so I'm going to revisit it with them again (armed with the TSB) next time I go in. My rep said that the C6 vert tops were adjustable for that, but that my C5 wasn't. But other than that, they have been A-1 fantastic. If GM ever sends me a questionnaire, my dealer will be getting all high marks from me. Every time I've brought it in, they treat me as good as if I bought the car brand new from their dealership the week before and NEVER hassle me about any covered repair.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:38 PM
rgtkst
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had nothing but good luck with my gmpp and the work being done. this p0410 code is starting to become a pain again. but the tech. working on it is way more frustrated than me!!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:45 PM
TonyC5
Drifting

Glenn~ Can you PM me the name and phone number of the service advisor there at Moritz? If I ever need to take mine in with the extended warranty I'd like for the same advisor to help me!

Thanks for the good info!!

Ron~ Did you get your CD Changer all hooked up and working ok?

Old 09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
proracr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been wondering how well our local Chevy dealer's service department handles C5's. I took our '71 Vette in a couple of times and the tech couldn't remove the plug from the differential to check the fluid level on one trip and on another they fried my a/c clutch or compressor as they were both working when I took the car in for an a/c system check. I'm a bit reluctant to take our C5 to them!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,601 Likes on 14,144 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Nice to hear good reports about dealership service. I've never had any problems with my dealer treating me well - but others have nightmare stories.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Slade
Instructor

Originally Posted by 74-Roadster
I dropped my C5 off yesterday morning for multiple warranty repairs under the GMPP (full extended warranty) at Moritz Chevrolet in Fort Worth including:

service ABS, traction control and active handling
squeaking pulleys
door locks
vert top rubbing

Not only did they repair everything without any hassle, they replaced three (03) pulleys, both door lock modules and my ECBM and ordered the weatherstripping per the vert top TSB.

The service advisor even called me when they were replacing the pulleys and suggested they go ahead and replace the belts. He said they'd only charge me for the new belts, no labor as the old ones were already off.

I've been very pleased with the way GM's local dealer here has treated me!!!!!!

Personally, I think GM and most of the Dealers have really turned a corner over the past 5-10 years. You can nit-pick any car, but IMHO, the C5 is an extremely well designed and well built car. I'm really impressed how easily the car comes apart and it goes back together just as easy.

Do you have any more info on the TSB for the vert top?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

It's nice to hear something good about a dealer.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Tom/99
It's nice to hear something good about a dealer.
Too many dealers are way too focused on the all mighty dollar and not customer service anymore.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Gray Fox
Team Owner

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Was Dennis your service guy?

Dennis and the rest of the gang at Moritz ROCK!! They are the only ones who have ever worked on my car and my parents!!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
JCGRCYA
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

I haven't had any problems with my dealership either but haven't been given the royal treatment like you.

Slade, I sent you a pm regarding your tsb question.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Slade
Do you have any more info on the TSB for the vert top?
Try this:

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=214
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM
TonyC5
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gray Fox

Dennis and the rest of the gang at Moritz ROCK!! They are the only ones who have ever worked on my car and my parents!!

Mary~ Just spoke to Dennis, I wanted to have a name and phoen # incase I ever need his serveice. Great guy.

Thanks for the contact info!

BTW, he told me to say hi to you...

Tony.

Last edited by TonyC5; 09-15-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:38 PM
0Vette Stripes
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

They worked on my vette as well!!!
They are great!!! They install everything for me while taking off the engine to re-ring (clutch, headers, cam, heads, clean fuel injectors) for $50. I said no and gave them $250.
However, they did not give me new weatherstripping tho
The bad thing that when my car was on dyno, the crank bolt came off since they did not follow the procedure to tight them up but they did send a tow truck and got everything fixed for me ...

Anyway, they are great!!!

Glad to hear you happy with it, Glenn!!!

-Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Silver98
Burning Brakes

Default Sugg Chevrolet

I have had nothing but outstanding service and treatment from my local dealer. The Service Manager used to be a Vette Tech and treats me like gold when I go in. I had a problem with my 98 (bought used from them) making it undrivable. I left on a business trip across country. Called him Monday morning, he said he'd take care of it. Had my son drop the keys off Monday night, Tuesday he flatbedded it (6 blocks, but still) and get his best tech on it. He checked on it periodically, provided me with updates and kept the Vette inside at night all week till I got home Friday night. Ensured I could pick it up on Saturday (only sales open) and said I didn't need to worry about paying for it until Monday if I wanted.

Anyone else get that kind of treatment? And no, I'm not related to them, just have had business relations with them since 1994.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

A year and a half ago, I was assigned "Mitch" and he was my service advisor again.

I took my car to Moritz back in 2004 after your Dad recommended them to me. I figured if your Dad liked 'em, they had to be pretty thorough.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Gray Fox
Team Owner

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by TonyC5
Mary~ Just spoke to Dennis, I wanted to have a name and phoen # incase I ever need his serveice. Great guy.

Thanks for the contact info!

BTW, he told me to say hi to you...

Tony.

Dennis is great!! They treat our cars as if it were their own.

Get notified of new replies

To With several bad Dealership stories surfacing, here's a good Dealership report!

Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Logansar
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fort Worth Tx Service

Dennis is great!! They treat our cars as if it were their own.
I am glad to hear such positive comments about Moritz in Fort Worth. Having just got my C5 I was looking for a place to take it of service. I used Bruce Lowrie just this morning for an oil change. No problems today but would rather go with recommendations.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
garymilgrom
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate these postings of good dealer stories. I really want to use the dealer a few miles from home but I'm concerned about the negative stories on this forum. This gives me reason to try them.

JMc what a beautiful photo!

g
Old 09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
blackwithyellowta
Pro

Moritz Chevrolet does amazing work. They do all of my oil changes and installed my vararam for a Very reasonable price. And it is all done in a timely manner.

Quick Reply: With several bad Dealership stories surfacing, here's a good Dealership report!