I'm I right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
This morning's pic. Chadwick'd my '99 triple black over the weekend, for the first time, also using their paint correction. Saturday I went to a local dyno day, in the rain. Got some tractor trailer spray on the highway, regular spray from driving and other cars too. Chadwick'd it last night and took all of about 15 minutes, in my garage, at 9 pm. I'm a believer. I'm sure there are other similar products available, but I'll stick with this stuff. Oh, and plenty of the guys at the dyno day commented on my paint and finish, even after the rainy drive in.

Do as you wish, because I am! I know what my results are and I know how much time I had to invest to get this result. My time is important to me and I don't have as much as I'd like to spend doing what I want to do. If I can use something that costs a little more but saves me time to spend doing other things (with my family), then I'm all for it. My way is no better than any other way. It works for me, gives me the results I want and doesn't consume too much time.

Time is a major reason (besides great results) is what I love about Chadwick's, 20 minutes including wheels (and yes the barrels also) and I am done !!!!! Love to drive it a bit better than working on it !!!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 AM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Pounder
Love to drive it a bit better than working on it !!!!!
Amen to that brother! I'm impressed with Chadwick's. I'm tempted to try the paint correction system but with the number of chips in my paint I think it would just make them stand out more!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by enoniam
Amen to that brother! I'm impressed with Chadwick's. I'm tempted to try the paint correction system but with the number of chips in my paint I think it would just make them stand out more!
what color car ?? fix the chips then do the paint correction ??? Call Neil he will gladly advise !!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 12:26 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Pounder
what color car ?? fix the chips then do the paint correction ??? Call Neil he will gladly advise !!!!
Magnetic Red. I'm afraid of matching the metallic in it.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by enoniam
Magnetic Red. I'm afraid of matching the metallic in it.
that is why I asked what color ???
Old 04-24-2017, 04:06 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
better than mine is the Vette owned by Eviltwin.
You mean the guy who claims the brilliance of his finish is due to the superiority of the zaino that he uses? Your vette and truck look good, but hardly out of this world good. Go enter a car show and show us the winning trophy if it's so great.

Until then all you've actually proven to us is that you're old, stuck in your ways, and have no respect for anyone who you perceive to be younger than you. You're flat out wrong that turtle wax makes products as good as zaino or other premium brands. You may like the way your car looks, but that doesn't mean it's actually better as anyone else's.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:46 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
You mean the guy who claims the brilliance of his finish is due to the superiority of the zaino that he uses? Your vette and truck look good, but hardly out of this world good. Go enter a car show and show us the winning trophy if it's so great.

Until then all you've actually proven to us is that you're old, stuck in your ways, and have no respect for anyone who you perceive to be younger than you. You're flat out wrong that turtle wax makes products as good as zaino or other premium brands. You may like the way your car looks, but that doesn't mean it's actually better as anyone else's.
I never stated mine were BETTER than anyone's, just that the finishes are as good as anything being used by other members.

Bob.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:10 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

I never stated mine were BETTER than anyone's, just that the finishes are as good as anything being used by other members.

Bob.
you said the only other car on the forum close to as good as yours was ET's. how is than not saying that yours is better than everyone else's?
Old 04-24-2017, 10:20 PM
calguy
Drifting

you said the only other car on the forum close to as good as yours was ET's. how is than not saying that yours is better than everyone else's?
What I would say is, If the shoe fits, wear it.

Oh, one more outstanding vehicle that rivals ALL vehicles on this forum for looks is the red one owned by dewoof01.
Definitely a twin to Bill's(evil twin) Vette.

I usually call them as I see them, and most showing pics of their Vette on this forum come no where near looking bright and shiny like those two, or for that matter, my two.
Don't believe me?
Thumb through some of the threads where pics are present, and you will see what I'M talking about.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 04-24-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:51 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

There's a reason the pros don't use Turtle Wax...
Old 04-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Omaha Flash
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by grampi50
There's a reason the pros don't use Turtle Wax...
Wow!! This post is getting more comical by the day! Can you believe it? A pissin' contest over car polish! I love Corvette people.
The following 2 users liked this post by Omaha Flash:
David Shiel (04-25-2017), DRAFT1 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,223 Likes on 536 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Omaha Flash
Wow!! This post is getting more comical by the day! Can you believe it? A pissin' contest over car polish! I love Corvette people.

No kidding. Who cares? Use what you want, how you want, where you want.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:37 AM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default People are the

same everywhere. There are enough fools among us to amuse everyone!!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:38 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

You think this is a pissin' contest? You should see the Nufinish goobers over in the bobistheoilguy site...
Old 04-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

What I would say is, If the shoe fits, wear it.

Oh, one more outstanding vehicle that rivals ALL vehicles on this forum for looks is the red one owned by dewoof01.
Definitely a twin to Bill's(evil twin) Vette.

I usually call them as I see them, and most showing pics of their Vette on this forum come no where near looking bright and shiny like those two, or for that matter, my two.
Don't believe me?
Thumb through some of the threads where pics are present, and you will see what I'M talking about.

Bob.
I am now fully convinced that the only way you could be more full of yourself is if you bent over and crawled up your own ***! You have a good start with just your head. LOL

Last edited by Bluefire; 04-25-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM
calguy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bluefire
I am now fully convinced that the only way you could be more full of yourself is if you bent over and crawled up your own ***! You have a good start with just your head. LOL
I would have expected a more mature response from a corvette owner.
What are you, about 16 years old?
If you don't like the fact that I happen to be right on this issue, perhaps it would be a good idea to put me on your ignore list, and that goes for anyone else of the same opinion.

Bob.

Last edited by calguy; 04-25-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Omaha Flash
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have expected a more mature response from a corvette owner.
What are you, about 16 years old?
If you don't like the fact that I happen to be right on this issue, perhaps it would be a good idea to put me on your ignore list, and that goes for anyone else of the same opinion.

Bob.
Now kids,...I'm going to have to put you all in time out if you can't work and play nice with each other. Remember, it's wax on and wax off we're talking about here. We all think too much of these damn fiberglass overpriced, overrated, pains in the *** we love so much but no reason to get all pissy about them. You all need to take a break, go out into your super clean black and white tiled, over lighted, beer fridge equipped, climate controlled garages and take your high tech micro-fiber polish cloths and give your old girl a good rub down. While you're at it, enjoy a imported beer on me.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I went ceramic and never looked back, it's been a year and nothing sticks to the surface. Just filtered water at the coin op weekly and wipe down the wheels and exhaust, finished. I never have to touch the paint surface.

Quick Reply: I'm I right?