New Rubber

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
I make a direct comparison every time I drive my 99 and 02. The 99 has the Continental Extreme Contact Sports on it and the 02 has Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I'm like you, I take exit and on-ramps with extreme speed and I can CONFIDENTLY say the Michelin tires grip better around the corners. I've also had other tires in the past and none grip like the Super Sports, not even the so called sticky BFG KDW-2s I had on my 98. I cannot speak on the PS 4S tires as I've yet to own a pair. Even though it's illegal, I routinely do 100+ (I'll deny it though ) and I prefer a good set of tires contacting the road. Plus, I always try and buy "Made in the USA" when I can
There is no doubt that Michelin makes great street tires. It goes without saying.

People are backhandedly disputing the run-flat thing vs non. A safety issue. That has been discussed here too many times.

That is a matter of choice.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

When the run-flats start to get oldt, you will definitely know. The back of the car will start to move with the grooves on the road.

A little sketchy.

There are benefits and trade-offs with everything.

Last edited by Rob 02; 05-16-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 02
I don't understand the debate.
There can't be one tire that's best for everyone.
We have different terrain, climate, suspension set-ups and needs.
The only comparison most people can make is there old worn tires to brand new ones.
Vendors web sights have plenty of user reviews for anyone shopping but there seems to be a consensus here of a few popular brands.

I think the real issue is the lack of choices for "17 tires.
there was no debate the OP just said he loves his new PS 4's and those of us who have them agree !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New Rubber