Sponsored by:

Reverse is a pain in the a$$

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:14 PM
MSGvette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doo600
After your year Corvette was built, GM determined a flaw in the linkage and it's location. Due to no reported injuries, GM determined a recall was not possible but GM's statistics were flawed. Because of the location several systems were affected including the air intake, exhaust and most importantly the wheels. The linkage was directed in an area that reduced the size of the exhaust which in turn GM downsized the intake thus causing the car to lack air intake and exhaust. This could easily cause an engine malfunction that would catastrophically fail and send chards of debris through the passenger side firewall into the passenger seat. This is easily remedied, you need to install an aftermarket exhaust and intake that breathe better but this can only be accomplished by making room for these items. Stock wheels and rims can be exchanged for CCW 505a's and aftermarket tires which will leave the necessary space. This is a small investment into making this car safer and avoiding huge repair bills and possible injury to anyone in the passenger seat.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
BigTMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doo600
After your year Corvette was built, GM determined a flaw in the linkage and it's location. Due to no reported injuries, GM determined a recall was not possible but GM's statistics were flawed. Because of the location several systems were affected including the air intake, exhaust and most importantly the wheels. The linkage was directed in an area that reduced the size of the exhaust which in turn GM downsized the intake thus causing the car to lack air intake and exhaust. This could easily cause an engine malfunction that would catastrophically fail and send chards of debris through the passenger side firewall into the passenger seat. This is easily remedied, you need to install an aftermarket exhaust and intake that breathe better but this can only be accomplished by making room for these items. Stock wheels and rims can be exchanged for CCW 505a's and aftermarket tires which will leave the necessary space. This is a small investment into making this car safer and avoiding huge repair bills and possible injury to anyone in the passenger seat.

You know, I had thought this too but didn't have any thing to substantiate my belief. I did the exhaust and the intake. I thought it was my imagination that the turning radius was larger now!! I would hate to have the passsenger side hit because the car won't get out the way in a sharp turn. The life the new wheels may save could be yours!

Quick Reply: Reverse is a pain in the a$$