Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBCM replacement

Old 07-15-2016, 10:02 PM
labidus
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I successfully repaired my EBCM today by soldering my relay!

I removed 5 of the 6 T20 screw from under the vette. it's more easy from under for sure! but how? I digged a little vette pit for changing my oil and do some other vette repair including this EBCM stuff!!

So if you have space where you can dig do that it will be more easy! I digged a hole of about 2 feet by 8feets by 1.5 foot...

Thank you!

I will take some photo of the pit tomorrow
Attached Images     

Last edited by labidus; 07-15-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:06 AM
GCG
CF Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by labidus View Post
...I digged a little vette pit for changing my oil and do some other vette repair including this EBCM stuff!!

So if you have space where you can dig do that it will be more easy! I digged a hole of about 2 feet by 8feets by 1.5 foot...

Thank you!

I will take some photo of the pit tomorrow
Pics???
Old 07-18-2016, 06:55 PM
labidus
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here the PIT, sorry my old jeep is on it need to do some repair on it like changing the oil pan
Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2017, 07:28 AM
JDMricist_03
CF Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

2003 C5Z

The only code I'm getting regarding the ABS/TCS/AH issue is C1242. The issue is intermittent and if I drive the car around for awhile it starts working again till I park the car and let it sit overnight. I sanded all the ground bolts in the engine bay as well as the ground rings on the ground wires so there should be no grounding issues. What are some other 'free' repairs that I could do before having to pull the EBCM and inspect the unit itself? Since it's intermittent I am hoping it's fixable because I have no money to be spending on anymore repairs right now. Any info that anyone could give me will really help me out. The issue is getting worse and worse and I'm afraid it will stop working altogether soon.

Last edited by JDMricist_03; 11-24-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,424 Likes on 1,123 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

C1242 c h BPMV Pump Motor Ground Circuit Open

The issue deals with the small connector under the main EBTCM connector and the circuits that run the main BPMV Motor.

The very first thing that I would do would be to make sure that connector and the wiring is in good condition.

Next would be the internal EBTCM circuit/relay. DELPHI did a crappy job soldering the connections on the main board inside that module. Maybe all it needs is a solder joint repair. The relay that runs the motor could also be going bad. Its replaceable if you can solder and are handy.

Start with the easy stuff first.

BC
Old 11-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,424 Likes on 1,123 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Here is the schematic that deals with the EBTCM and that motor.

The ground that deals with the motor is G-103.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EBCM replacement

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: