C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Motor Removal Procedures

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:24 PM
SPEED750
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nnicholas
I know this is an old thread but may be someone can help. After reading this thread I am at the step where I run the wiper on low and watch the cam go in a clockwise motion. When I cut the wipers off the cam does not stop and go in a counter clock wise motion but stops after a second. Ran the car thru a car wash last week and this is when the problem started. The utters are half filled up with leaves. could the motor have shorted out and cause the cam not to go in the counter clockwise motion. The wipers just stop just at the bottom of the windshield. the notch on the cam is locked in with the pin at 12 o'clock. I turned the key on and moved the cam in the exact position as in the photo, but when I turned on the wiper the notch clicked into the pin and remained in the 12 o'clock position after I turned the wipers off. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Hampton VA

I didn't read all 3 pages of this post, but I can say I pulled my wiper motor out because it was full of water and had a mind of it's own due to clogged udders. Pulled the circuit board apart, let it dry, got rid of the udders, put it all back together and it has worked fine every since (4 years) . I have a 97. My mechanic buddy said throw it away and buy a new motor. Well i didn't have the money , but it worked out.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Skrilla
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Just wanted to say thank you for this post I just had the same issue as everyone else and this helped me fix it myself. I found a reman motor on eBay for $58 so this was a big money saver
Old 06-27-2016, 07:54 AM
nnicholas
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome....I ended up buying a new motor as well
Old 02-04-2017, 02:58 PM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default JW Strikes again

Yet another member who benefited from this Thread. Used it through step 7 to inspect and repair my windshield washer hoses - used the hot water in the microwave trick to clean the nozzles and I was back in business.

I plan to be a life long owner of my C5 and thus am also a lifetime member of the forum and give it my support. It has saved me many times over what it cost to be a life member - thanks to all who help keep it viable.

Besides it is a lot of fun to "work" on "Precious" myself - yet another pleasure of ownership. Except I got a ticket for 62 in a 35 the other day. Have had the car for over 16 years and that was the first time I was ever even pulled over. Oh well - just the cost of enjoying the ride I guess.

Last edited by KingTut; 02-04-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM
cvitullo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bville-Bud
Added pics, don't forget to get yourself an expert crew chief to help with the project:

Attachment 48178403
nice writeup and pix, looks like I'll be tackling this sometime soon
Old 06-14-2020, 09:19 PM
lloydainey
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my compliments to the great job of setting this project out

I have the problem where the wipers will not return to parked position. They sit upright at 12 o’clock. I ran the wipers and it never returns counterclockwise to park.

How do you get the T30 screw out of the oval metal plate holding motor arm that connects the wiper transmission to
it won’t budge. Took out the whole assembling and put new a bench. I cannot crack it open.
i need to get the motor off to replace it

Last edited by lloydainey; 06-14-2020 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Add info

Quick Reply: Wiper Motor Removal Procedures