C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable the F45 option using Tech2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 06:28 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Mr. Sam
Old 03-29-2016, 10:43 AM
Dbrank28
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Alright thanks. Just installed some penske 8100s and need it gone
Old 04-02-2016, 07:04 AM
jimcork1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok dummy here, what's tech 2? I know computer but dealer only ? my dealer will not disable the f45. I have however made the resistor by pass and installed on one wheel. So far no codes or restrictions. I have also ordered the C6 upgrade shock. I plan to install the remaining 3 resistors on the other wheels when the parts arrive. From my understanding of electronics. the ride sensor is basically a voltage divider. I have calculated the size resistor needed 10 ohm 10 watt and made up one plug in. I left the height sensor alone. O also disassembled one shock and found the electro magnet that modulates the pintel valve to control the shock. I measured the resistance and found 12 ohms. This is within 10% of the my calculated value. From my understanding if the resistor is plugged in to replace the electro magnet, the computer can not tell if it is a shock or electro magnet and therefore should not throw a code. I will know more as I build the next three resistor set up and install the new shocks. So who has Tech 2?
Old 04-02-2016, 08:11 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The Tech 2 is the GM programming tool that is required to change the BCM RPO codes. It can also make changes to the PCM so long as they were originally allowed by GM. It is primarily used for diagnostics to pull up very specific data going on in the car.

A lot of us have a Tech 2. I bought mine from China for about $500.

Mr. Sam
The following users liked this post:
jimcork1 (04-02-2016)
Old 04-02-2016, 08:18 AM
jimcork1
Drifting

Originally Posted by dadaroo
The Tech 2 is the GM programming tool that is required to change the BCM RPO codes. It can also make changes to the PCM so long as they were originally allowed by GM. It is primarily used for diagnostics to pull up very specific data going on in the car.

A lot of us have a Tech 2. I bought mine from China for about $500.

Mr. Sam
I have an accutron reader that does cars from 84 to current unfortunately it won't go into the BCM to make changes. Hopefully my resistor mod will work. More to come. Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

There are MANY garages and repair shops that have the TECH2. They are usually willing to delete the RPO for a LOT less that any STEALERSHIP.

There are TONs of forum members that have there OWN Tech 2s. I myself have one and I remove the RPO Codes. Usually do it over LUNCH.

See if you can find someone in your area that is willing to help you...

Put a request in the C5 Parts for sale/wanted section.

When you use SIMULATORS to trick the system,,, You have to maintain the entire system and hope it doesn't have any other issues. If it does, you will be back in the same boat..

Bill
Old 04-23-2016, 07:47 PM
jimcork1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee

When you use SIMULATORS to trick the system,,, You have to maintain the entire system and hope it doesn't have any other issues. If it does, you will be back in the same boat..

Bill

I built the simulators and installed both on the front with new zo6 shocks. Drives like on rails all the squeak from worn shocks are gone. I will do rears next week. The current system has my 2 home made simulators on front with conventional shocks and 2 F45 still on the rear. The computer cant' tell any difference. I used the plug and lead from a 2 nd set of F45 shocks and kept the same mount points. My system is durable so I am not expecting any issues. What is encouraging is how much more precise the steering and how quiet the car has become.

Quick Reply: Disable the F45 option using Tech2