C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Brake Bleed procedure

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:26 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Another good mod that helps with bleeding the brakes is installing Speed Bleeders. These bleeders replace the existing bleed screws and they have a spring loaded check ball in them. Once installed, all you need to do is to open the bleeder 1/4 to 1/2 turn and depress the brake pedal to push fluid thru the system and out of the bleed valve.

When you let up on the pedal, the spring pushes the check ball back and closes the bleeder. These bleeders do require that you keep a close eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir, but when the reservoir is full, you can pump the pedal 4-5 times before you need to add fluid.

Speed Bleeder also has a neat little plastic bag and a 3' long hose to capture old fluid so it doesn't spill on the tire or wheels.

The Motive bleeder works good too, but I don't put fluid in the container. I just put 10-15 psi or so of air pressure in the container. That way, there is no spilling of fluid when the line and cap is disconnected from the reservoir. I do have to remove the cap to add fluid to the reservoir, but there's no spillage to deal with.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Tech 2 Bleed
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-2-bleed.html
The following users liked this post:
Rangerdog1 (04-18-2017)

Quick Reply: 2002 Brake Bleed procedure