Sun Visor removal/replacement - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C5 Tech
Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sun Visor removal/replacement

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
ricknyc23
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ricknyc23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, Nassau County New York
Posts: 2,591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sun Visor removal/replacement

Can any of you guys direct me to link for the sun visor removal and replacement? I know its here somewhere, I just cant find it.

Thanks!!
ricknyc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
dougbfresh
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,993
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tips section has it all!
dougbfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
87SAM
CF Senior Member
 
87SAM's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2001
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 3,392
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Sunshade Replacement
Removal Procedure

1.Tilt the sunshade down toward the windshield.
2.Insert a flat head screwdriver blade into the slot in the sunshade inner bezel.
3.Using the screwdriver against the elbow of the sunshade arm for leverage pull down on the sunshade arm while rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade stops. (the first tab disengages).
4.Push up on the sunshade and continue rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade with the inner bezel disengages from the mounting bezel.

5.Disconnect the electrical connector.
6.Remove the sunshade.
7.Disassemble as necessary.
If removing the mounting bezel, pull the bezel from the garnish molding with your fingers.
If replacing the inner bezel, remove the bezel from the sunshade shaft and press the new bezel onto the shaft.

Installation Procedure

1.Route the harness through the mounting bezel.
2.Insert the mounting bezel into the garnish molding engaging the snap fingers.
3.Connect the harness to the sunshade electrical connector.
4.Push the connector up through the bezel and through the hole in the garnish molding.
5.Position the sunshade approximately midway between the windshield and the side of the vehicle.
6.Insert the rod with inner bezel firmly attached fully into the mounting bezel.
7.Rotate the sunshade toward the centerline of the vehicle until the sunshade locks in place.
87SAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
ricknyc23
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ricknyc23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, Nassau County New York
Posts: 2,591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks guys, I found them....
ricknyc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
Corvette505
CF Senior Member
 
Corvette505's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico
Posts: 966
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Any threads on how to remove & replace the mirror on the visor? The bottom of the mirror doesn't seem to want to disengage
Corvette505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
SG Lou
CF Senior Member
 
SG Lou's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Fords, NJ
Posts: 2,882
Thanked 245 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette505 View Post
Any threads on how to remove & replace the mirror on the visor? The bottom of the mirror doesn't seem to want to disengage
Resurrecting an old thread.........noticed the right side bulb on the right side visors mirror was burnt out...can just the mirror portion be removed
or does the whole damn thing have to come down to be taken apart ?
SG Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
AE Guy
CF Senior Member
 
AE Guy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: The Steel City Colorful Colorado
Posts: 3,849
Thanked 336 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Just gently pry out the plastic lens and you can get to the bulb.
AE Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AE Guy For This Useful Post:
SG Lou (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
SG Lou
CF Senior Member
 
SG Lou's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Fords, NJ
Posts: 2,882
Thanked 245 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Guy View Post
Just gently pry out the plastic lens and you can get to the bulb.
Thank you Sir.........That was easy
SG Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #9
Junior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87SAM View Post
Sunshade Replacement
Removal Procedure

1.Tilt the sunshade down toward the windshield.
2.Insert a flat head screwdriver blade into the slot in the sunshade inner bezel.
3.Using the screwdriver against the elbow of the sunshade arm for leverage pull down on the sunshade arm while rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade stops. (the first tab disengages).
4.Push up on the sunshade and continue rotating the sunshade outboard until the sunshade with the inner bezel disengages from the mounting bezel.

5.Disconnect the electrical connector.
6.Remove the sunshade.
7.Disassemble as necessary.
If removing the mounting bezel, pull the bezel from the garnish molding with your fingers.
If replacing the inner bezel, remove the bezel from the sunshade shaft and press the new bezel onto the shaft.

Installation Procedure

1.Route the harness through the mounting bezel.
2.Insert the mounting bezel into the garnish molding engaging the snap fingers.
3.Connect the harness to the sunshade electrical connector.
4.Push the connector up through the bezel and through the hole in the garnish molding.
5.Position the sunshade approximately midway between the windshield and the side of the vehicle.
6.Insert the rod with inner bezel firmly attached fully into the mounting bezel.
7.Rotate the sunshade toward the centerline of the vehicle until the sunshade locks in place.
Hi. I'm writing to say I learned a lot today. Finding this thread took me right into daylight.
Searching for 02 C5 sun visor removal replacement assistance I found an excellent U tube video on removal. This thread is one for the books like most I've used.
km60sb@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:08 PM   #10
GCG
CF Senior Member
 
GCG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,175
Thanked 120 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
...I found an excellent U tube video on removal...
Could you please post the link?
GCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #11
chris308
CF Senior Member
 
chris308's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Seminole Florida
Posts: 2,223
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #12
JESSTERLSX
Junior Member
 
JESSTERLSX's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey gang. I deleted the sun visors on my Trans Am and there were metal/billetdelete pieces that you could buy and screw into place so that there wasnt a big hole in your headliner. Is there anything like that for C5s? I want to take off my visors but I dont want big holes in the corners where they used to be.
JESSTERLSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #13
huesmann
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Location: Kensington MD
Posts: 743
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default

huesmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:14 AM   #14
JESSTERLSX
Junior Member
 
JESSTERLSX's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you sir!
JESSTERLSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Sun Visor removal/replacement
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    WTB: Sun visor without mirror boltvette C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted 7 04-14-2017 07:40 PM
    Sun Visor Replacement - Bezel Broke vetdude C6 Corvette General Discussion 2 07-12-2015 08:39 AM
    Driver-side visor snapped and went limp flaagan C5 General 10 07-01-2011 10:58 PM
    Sun Visor Removal johnodrake C6 Corvette General Discussion 3 08-28-2007 08:21 AM
    sun visor repair Steve&Barbara C4 Tech/Performance 3 12-12-2004 07:34 AM


    Tags
    193, 2000, 2001, c5, corvette, pictures, removal, remove, removing, replace, shade, sun, sunvisor, visor, visors

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: