C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling out all the stops

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally, the races go tomorrow and are not going to be rained out! Ive been driving around with this damn drag pack on my car for three weeks looking forward to the races each Friday only to get screwed by mother nature.
I hope BMW D-bag shows up after all this!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 323 Likes on 264 Posts

Well?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Well?
LOL!! Was thinking the SAME thing!

BC
Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
pjensen
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well?
Maybe the bmw won.... again?

Here is an interesting (and cautionary) thread: c5-track-car-hpde-conversion-what-i-have-learned.

Scroll down and look at the picture.....
Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

I am a full time student and work a full time job guys! Give me a chance!

Well I was disappointed to find the track un-prepped once again. So even with the drag pack, I pulled similar times to last time. But that is good considering the BMW was running 4-5 tenths slower than before. Needless to say, he was outclassed this time around.

Oh, my best for the night was 8.212 ET, 88 mph, and a 2.080 60'
Old 02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
sean.b
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NukeC5
I am a full time student and work a full time job guys! Give me a chance!

Well I was disappointed to find the track un-prepped once again. So even with the drag pack, I pulled similar times to last time. But that is good considering the BMW was running 4-5 tenths slower than before. Needless to say, he was outclassed this time around.

Oh, my best for the night was 8.212 ET, 88 mph, and a 2.080 60'
get that 60 down to 1.6 or so and you'll be eating him alive.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sean.b
get that 60 down to 1.6 or so and you'll be eating him alive.
Well Im also pretty certain that the car is just plain maxed out at its current power level. I need more ponies now! I ran low 8.2 times 6 times in a row! I tried many different launch rpms etc. All leading to a 8.2 at 88mph.
A guy there in a super charged c5 was running 8.1s. Said he was getting up to 96 mph. If he could hook like my car he'd be doing way better, so I figure, if I can do everything the same and get up to that speed, Im sure my ET will be a great deal lower. Time to get this H/C plan underway!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
sean.b
Drifting

Well Im also pretty certain that the car is just plain maxed out at its current power level. I need more ponies now! I ran low 8.2 times 6 times in a row! I tried many different launch rpms etc. All leading to a 8.2 at 88mph.
A guy there in a super charged c5 was running 8.1s. Said he was getting up to 96 mph. If he could hook like my car he'd be doing way better, so I figure, if I can do everything the same and get up to that speed, Im sure my ET will be a great deal lower. Time to get this H/C plan underway!
when are you starting your head/cams? im starting mine tomorrow morning just spent roughly 16 hours porting and polishing heads for my first time ever. I have yet to do the bullet shape thing, I figured I'd let the pro do that for me tomorrow.

Last edited by sean.b; 02-16-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:08 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

So Nuke, was it spinning?

If it's any consolation, my best ET is with the big fat fronts and 245/45/17 Hoosier DR's. My drag pack went no quicker than 11.16. Track conditions for sure, but I have yet to realize the gains.

Beeeeeemer man was probably quietly pissed.....hope you got to run him.

Quick story. Guy comes to my track with a brand new ZR1. Gonna beat all the vettes he says. Well, he must have watched me run, because when I pulled up next to him in the staging lanes, he backed out and moved over 2 lanes. Very fun to quietly spank the braggers.

Ron
Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=sean.b;1583143035]when are you starting your head/cams? im starting mine tomorrow morning just spent roughly 16 hours porting and polishing heads for my first time ever. I have yet to do the bullet shape thing, I figured I'd let the pro do that for me tomorrow.

Im still in the planning and pricing phase. I do have a set of 243's. Not sure what Im doing with them yet, or even if Im using them for my build.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

If it's any consolation, my best ET is with the big fat fronts and 245/45/17 Hoosier DR's. My drag pack went no quicker than 11.16. Track conditions for sure, but I have yet to realize the gains.

Beeeeeemer man was probably quietly pissed.....hope you got to run him.

Quick story. Guy comes to my track with a brand new ZR1. Gonna beat all the vettes he says. Well, he must have watched me run, because when I pulled up next to him in the staging lanes, he backed out and moved over 2 lanes. Very fun to quietly spank the braggers.

Ron
Im not sure what your asking with "was it spinning". You mean the tires? I was launching pretty well with minimal chirping. I was able to do some good burn outs in the box, but sometimes it would pull forward on me. I could probably make use of some line locks to have a little more dependability.
I didnt get to run against him directly, he stayed hidden away from me the whole night unlike last time when he was more than happy to talk about how good he was doing. But I saw plenty of time slips from others that raced him. He's a joke. Wasn't even worth my time getting all bothered.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Im not sure what your asking with "was it spinning". You mean the tires? I was launching pretty well with minimal chirping. I was able to do some good burn outs in the box, but sometimes it would pull forward on me. I could probably make use of some line locks to have a little more dependability.
I didnt get to run against him directly, he stayed hidden away from me the whole night unlike last time when he was more than happy to talk about how good he was doing. But I saw plenty of time slips from others that raced him. He's a joke. Wasn't even worth my time getting all bothered.
Well, yes. Sorry. But what else would be spinning besides the tires?
Anyway, I have a linelock to add when I get done wrenching the Nova.

The fun guys at street legal nights are the ones who want to run you just because they like your car. Or are close on ET.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM
sean.b
Drifting

I thought for sure you'd be in the high 10's?

Well, yes. Sorry. But what else would be spinning besides the tires?
Anyway, I have a linelock to add when I get done wrenching the Nova.

The fun guys at street legal nights are the ones who want to run you just because they like your car. Or are close on ET.
haha, he has you there Nuke. What's the story on your Nova, Ron? I'm rather fond of the Nova/Vette combo

Quick Reply: Pulling out all the stops