C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
xzo124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight ??

Couple years back I installed the kit that makes all 4 headlights stay on when on high beam .. now they wont work on lo beam , work only on high beam as supposed to .Could it possibly be the relay or maybe a headlight switch??..TIA ...xzo
Old 01-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by xzo124
Couple years back I installed the kit that makes all 4 headlights stay on when on high beam .. now they wont work on lo beam , work only on high beam as supposed to .Could it possibly be the relay or maybe a headlight switch??..TIA ...xzo
If you have the KIT Wire schematic please reference it or post it. Could be the OEM parts or could be the Aftermarket parts.

Schematics and a Meter are your friend!

Bill
Old 01-14-2016, 03:22 PM
xzo124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
If you have the KIT Wire schematic please reference it or post it. Could be the OEM parts or could be the Aftermarket parts.

Schematics and a Meter are your friend!

Bill
I purchased it from someone that had an AD off of this site , but for the life of me I cant remember who it was . Im not getting any power to the low beam fuses in the fuse box. the piggyback wires from high beams make them work like they are supposed to . The headlight buckets will not close unless its on High beams .. I really dont think its the kit . Think its some OEM part...Thx Bill ....xzo
Old 01-14-2016, 04:35 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

If your aftermarket system has a dedicated wiring harness that uses relay(s), replace the relay.

Except for the headlight door weirdness you described, I had this exact same symptom on my aftermarket HID system. After troubleshooting the fuses OK, I replaced the relays (I have HID in both high and low beams) and Badda Bing........

HTH
Old 01-14-2016, 09:49 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

This thread may help.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-at-once.html

Get notified of new replies

To headlight ??

Quick Reply: headlight ??