C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Zachglenn
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop

Hey all! I have a manual 1999 corvette! Recently I had it tuned and it was running fine but started dying randomly. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and fuel filter and now it starts and runs perfectly fine! But I started driving it yesterday and when coming to stops it started stalling. It did this at almost every stop and while slowing down. The last time it happened it took a while to start it back up again. Any ideas? Pretty new to this issue so sorry if it’s obvious!
Old 05-03-2024, 01:52 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,554 Likes on 14,110 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 Tech.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:32 AM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 525 Likes on 439 Posts

Most likely the tune, you might try searching for c5 idle relearn procedure and try that, if that doesn't help, you might think about taking back to the tunner.
The following users liked this post:
yellow2007 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:24 AM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Zachglenn
Recently I had it tuned and it was running fine but started dying randomly. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and fuel filter and now it starts and runs perfectly fine! But I started driving it yesterday and when coming to stops it started stalling. It did this at almost every stop and while slowing down. The last time it happened it took a while to start it back up again. Any ideas?
Generally any time you do anything to a vehicle and then that vehicle exhibits undesirable behavior you should go back and undo whatever you did so you can rule out your work as the source of the problem.
What problem were you trying to solve in the first place and what exactly was done when you had it tuned?
Old 05-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Zachglenn
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Dads2kconvertible
Generally any time you do anything to a vehicle and then that vehicle exhibits undesirable behavior you should go back and undo whatever you did so you can rule out your work as the source of the problem.
What problem were you trying to solve in the first place and what exactly was done when you had it tuned?
it had too big of injectors in it. So I replaced them with 50lb injectors and got it tuned so it works for them. After it was tuned it drove around just fine minus the random dying due to the crankshaft position sensor
Old 05-03-2024, 11:41 AM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

it had too big of injectors in it. So I replaced them with 50lb injectors and got it tuned so it works for them. After it was tuned it drove around just fine minus the random dying due to the crankshaft position sensor
It would be helpful if you disclose all information on the car history instead of just giving enough information for someone to ask another question.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:44 AM
Zachglenn
4th Gear

Originally Posted by lucky131969
It would be helpful if you disclose all information on the car history instead of just giving enough information for someone to ask another question.
93k miles on a modded engine. Changed the spark plugs and injectors then had it tuned for the new add ons. He drove me around and it drove just fine. Then I drove it around and it started dying when slowing down and threw a code. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and drives way better but now it dies when coming to a stop. Did have to replace the battery so possibly could need relearn. Any other info?
Old 05-03-2024, 05:07 PM
ipuig
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Then I drove it around and it started dying when slowing down and threw a code.
Perhaps you should disclose to those willing to help and participate in your tuning misadventure internet troubleshooting session what code it "threw."
Old 05-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Zachglenn
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ipuig
Perhaps you should disclose to those willing to help and participate in your tuning misadventure internet troubleshooting session what code it "threw."
P0335. Then I changed the sensor and it went away

Get notified of new replies

To C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop

Quick Reply: C5 corvette dies when slowing down or coming to a stop