C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deceptive C6 purchase in the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by saplumr
It is John Wall Chevy's responsibility to report the repairs to carfax.
Even considering the car did not exceed 25% of its value in the damage it sustained ? If it was not reported to the insurance company and paid in cash the dealer is still responsible to report it ?

If that is true is there any recourse for non disclosure ?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:38 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy D
Even considering the car did not exceed 25% of its value in the damage it sustained ? If it was not reported to the insurance company and paid in cash the dealer is still responsible to report it ?

If that is true is there any recourse for non disclosure ?
My company does service and repairs for several local dealers and from my understanding they must report anything and everything. They do and it pizzes a lot of people off but it is what it is.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dpigguy
i doubt you can even buy a new car with a total assurance that everything you were told about the car is the truth!
You have to ask the dealer before you purchase a new car if it was in a accident. Otherwise I do not think that they have to disclose it unless you ask or it meets a certain dollar limit
Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

My company does service and repairs for several local dealers and from my understanding they must report anything and everything.
Thank you
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 PM
nch209
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

BOOOOOOOO to the seller! Shame, shame, now WE ALL know your name.

To the op- sorry you went thru all of this. Hope you got a deal on the car and are enjoying it. If it was fixed properly, all the better. Still sucks, but what goes around come around!!!

Hope the seller comes on and tells HIS side... that would be interesting!
-n8
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Can Can
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hope we could expect better from USAF fighter pilots, both past and present. To be honest, I'm actually rather shocked at this revelation.

Paul

Last edited by Can Can; 12-19-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling....
Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 PM
RixRedC6
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

That's sad that something like this would happen on this forum. Even sadder that it's a military member. For me, a retired 1st Sgt, it's even worse that it may be a USAF officer, a fighter pilot, to boot. C'mon, say it ain't so. Best wishes OP for the best future with your new ride after she's all fixed correctly this time. (BTW, one of the repair orders had Hartford Ins. on it. That's my carrier through AARP. One old guy running into another, sad, sad, sad).
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM
stone150
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Allot of people will omit things without actually lying. Now he actually lied because you asked him about it and he said no. Many times you can can be hiding something and not be lying, the saying goes: Don't look at what he is telling you, look at what he is not. For instance, when I sell Mountain bikes (fairly often) I always tell what issues that I know about or the service that has been done. What I usually don't say is that the bike has been raced. So I am not lying, I am just not telling the whole truth. If someone asks I will tell the truth, but while I fully maintain my bikes there is still a stigma that if they have been raced they have been beat on, which can be partially true.
For instance when I bought my fiancee's car It looked great and then I took it to my mechanic, After him and I looked it over we noticed the rear passenger side qtr. panel was rough around the edges, we determined that panel had been painted. I confronted the dealer about it and the admitted they had someone come in a paint a scratch on that side. I was pissed, I'd rater have the scratch, but it was a fairly good job and after wetsanding and buffing it looks stock. After we took the car home I realized the rear bumper had been painted at an earlier date because they ends where a little chewed up and they was some drips by the exhaust.

Before I bought my current car I jacked it up looked and the under carriage, inspected every panel closely, I found a nasty scrape on the bottom of the rocker, wasn't craked but still nasty. I asked him about it and he said he remembered running over something on the fwy, but wasn't too sure. It looked more like a concrete curb or something,the dealer could have done it, but in the end the rocker wasn't cracked and it was on the bottom.
When I went to look at a car I always brought my detailing spray and microfiber to do an inspection.
I also had the owner sign a paper stating there had been no paint or body work done.

It is sad some people will still lie even when confronted with the evidence. Just be through and have them sign something. Ask all questions that matter to you.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Ursoboostd
Racer

Wow. This really sucks. I hope to be in the market for a C6 soon, so I take this very seriously. Thank you for posting OP. -Wade-
Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Folks,
With all respect to everybody here. Please lets not jump to conclusions?
How do we know seller did not disclose previous damage on the car before selling?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
Folks,
With all respect to everybody here. Please lets not jump to conclusions?
How do we know seller did not disclose previous damage on the car before selling?
So you think the OP is just making up a story for what reason?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Can Can
Instructor

Because chances are a new member wouldn't screw himself on the board if he knew his words could be exposed as lies. I mean, what would he have to gain???

Sorry, but there is enough corroborating evidence here to point to the seller as the bad guy.

Paul
Old 12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

So you think the OP is just making up a story for what reason?
No. I am not saying that. I say I have not seen any proof regarding seller did or did not disclose previous damage. One side of the story is not present here to defend himself. Too early for us to jump on conclusions. That is all that I am saying.
"WE" Corvette Forum members have a peaceful place to discuss technical and sometimes social information. Lets keep peace for now until more light shed on this matter. Thank you folks.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Yup there is another side to this story and the longer that the other side takes to answer this thread the longer the thread will become.

Once he has his say I imagine that will be the end of this thread. Hopefully, CK 6 will explain his side

Last edited by savewave; 12-24-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Updating to address name change on seller
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
No. I am not saying that. I say I have not seen any proof regarding seller did or did not disclose previous damage. One side of the story is not present here to defend himself. Too early for us to jump on conclusions. That is all that I am saying.
"WE" Corvette Forum members have a peaceful place to discuss technical and sometimes social information. Lets keep peace for now until more light shed on this matter. Thank you folks.
Sorry, I ALWAYS take part in these type of threads (bad seller, vendor etc.) and I am ALWAYS right, (go back and check for as long as you like) I usually (not always) side with the other side of the story. But not this time, this guy has been caught red handed by his own past posts, sorry bimmer, this guy is GUILTY as charged.....I will still be batting 1000% on this one, I guarantee it. Oh, he might come on here and post more lies on top of his lies, but that is all it will be LIES!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:34 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Xedes
I feel for the OP but this thread is going to get locked soon.
The only reason would be the mods wait for the bad guy to properly respond.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

The only reason would be the mods wait for the bad guy to properly respond.

The other side has to be heard. Lets all remember not to ruin the OP's thread by personal attacks & etc .........

Get notified of new replies

To Deceptive C6 purchase in the forum.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Folks,

OP complains about RIGHT SIDE of the car. Picture and invoices are for damages on right side.

CK 6 posted inquiry for DRIVER SIDE which is LEFT SIDE of the car.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...side-door.html

While you are there please compare dates. 7/17/09 or 9/14/09.

Again as requested before please lets not jump guns. Thanks.

Last edited by savewave; 12-24-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Updating to address name change on seller
Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ity's easy to jump on a bandwagon. I've done it in the past. I'll just say I am sorry the op is have problems.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 PM
carnut08
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

After reading all the posts I really feel for the guy who bought the car. Yes he could (possibly) have done due dilligence better. We all understand the fog of Corvette fever.

But every single post appears to accept the profile of the seller as valid. Several lament the lack of ingegrity of a USAF fighter pilot.

Why would anyone believe any portion of the profile given what is already known?????

Quick Reply: Deceptive C6 purchase in the forum.