C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$45 bucks more for 911 Interior ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
jamesbertero
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racer
What is par?
1. An amount or level considered to be average; a standard: performing up to par; did not yet feel up to par.
2. An equality of status, level, or value; equal footing: a local product on a par with the best foreign makes.
3. The established value of a monetary unit expressed in terms of a monetary unit of another country using the same metal standard.

I would think the Corvette interior is at least average?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jamesbertero
1. An amount or level considered to be average; a standard: performing up to par; did not yet feel up to par.
2. An equality of status, level, or value; equal footing: a local product on a par with the best foreign makes.
3. The established value of a monetary unit expressed in terms of a monetary unit of another country using the same metal standard.

So it would be par?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't feel that it is. I think the interior has a lot of sacrifices to try and keep the entry price down and then I see a lot of bloated packages to try and get items you want. If I could've bought the 4lt leather package as a standalone option on my C6 I would have...I didn't need or want all the other junk though.

Every friend that I have gets into my C6 and comments about the interior...of course they are also VERY impressed when I step on the go pedal. The interior and sound system of the vettes has kept at least 2 of my friends from purchasing one.

Edit - Ok, saying EVERY friend was an exaggeration, but the comments about the interior are certainly not uncommon.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I would say it would be fair to say "par" is in relation to other vehicles in a similar price range.

The ZL1 Camaro and CTS-V are examples of GM cars that will be similarly priced, have awesome value in class when it comes to power, handling, etc... and have much nicer interiors than the vette.

Like I said. I'd be really happy to see the Vette offered as a bare-bones 1lt option for low 40s and then have a lot of a la carte items to be added such as sport seats, steering wheel, leather options, and so on to build it up to a world class 60k+ sports car.

Just my views, of course.
I also agree about an option for a real nice upgraded interior, but, you know this forum, I know this forum, and the number of threads complaining about why is the option this much, why do we need this option if we want that option, how come this isn't offered in this package, it would just be opening a whole new can for forum members to complain about.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
jamesbertero
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it would be par?
Exactly, but not sub-par. Part of my problem (of which I'm sure I have many) is that I bought mine used for under $30k so my value proposition is wildly different from people who are doing a new car MSRP type of evaluation at $50-$60k+. I bought a couple year old, 18k mile hot rod for less than the price of a new Honda Accord. It resolutely beats the crap out of just about anything I come up against in most driving situations. (No I'm not a street racer). For the dollars spent I think I got the best performance bargain there is. The interior could be better, but I wouldn't be willing to pay up by $10k for it. I'd rather spend that kind of cash on wheels, tires and a supercharger, etc.
"Money no object" discussions feel like a waste of time because to most of us...money IS an object.
Just my nickel.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I also agree about an option for a real nice upgraded interior, but, you know this forum, I know this forum, and the number of threads complaining about why is the option this much, why do we need this option if we want that option, how come this isn't offered in this package, it would just be opening a whole new can for forum members to complain about.
I agree with that point; complaints come often and freely.

My wish would be that all options were offered individually so the end user could choose what was installed (of course this would only be available to those ordering from a build sheet). You could choose to only have the leather option and HUD or only HUD and NAV or only HUD. Something like that. Really be able to customize your car to get what you want from the factory.

That was the thing I liked most about my dads 997 Turbo when he got it. We had a MASSIVE book of options to go through and check off what we wanted specifically without the issue of picking up bloated packages that have 1 or 2 nice features and 3 or 4 that we didn't want.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:46 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

What is par?
72, usually.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Nice story, but none of that has anything to do with the fact that the C6 interior is sub-par.
Well, I wish it was just a story. Unfortunately, it is my reality at the moment. Can't blame anyone but myself. Hopefully, I'll figure a way out of it.

Actually I was in agreement with everyone who thinks the C6 interior is sub-par (you overlooked the last sentence of my post on pg. 4 when you quoted me).
Originally Posted by Oneslackr
Hopefully, Chevy will rectify the interior issue with the C7.
While the C6 interior was an improvement over the C5 interior I do remember thinking back in 2005 that it wasn't as big of an improvement as I thought it would be.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM
hokieZ
Pro

Received 209 Likes on 112 Posts

Exactly, but not sub-par. Part of my problem (of which I'm sure I have many) is that I bought mine used for under $30k so my value proposition is wildly different from people who are doing a new car MSRP type of evaluation at $50-$60k+. I bought a couple year old, 18k mile hot rod for less than the price of a new Honda Accord. It resolutely beats the crap out of just about anything I come up against in most driving situations. (No I'm not a street racer). For the dollars spent I think I got the best performance bargain there is. The interior could be better, but I wouldn't be willing to pay up by $10k for it. I'd rather spend that kind of cash on wheels, tires and a supercharger, etc.
"Money no object" discussions feel like a waste of time because to most of us...money IS an object.
Just my nickel.
Why would you think it should cost 10K (or even 2K) for a better interior? I still suggest an interior of equivalent quality to a Malibu or Equinox would more than suffice. You can get a Malibu for under 20K.

I would think the suggestions I made earlier (save the radio) would cost about $300-500.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by m48xhp
72, usually.
Then why is everyone complaining about below par?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM
designerRob
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my biggest interior gripe is the lack of fit and finish. panels are loose, things rattle, little insulation, etc.
Not my experience in the least. I have a 6 year old C6 and I don't experience any of those issues you state.

I think the Corvette deserves better quality leather and not the cheap leather or pleather. But, I do think the fit of the interior pieces are excellent.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

72, usually.
I thought it was 84.....that's par to me
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ALMS21
If the Vette interior is really that much of a turnoff and is so important to you -- get a 3LT Grand Sport and immediately contact Caravaggio for a full interior for $15-20K. At that point you will be "all in" for $70-75K with a world class interior.

Your Silverado interior is better? Come on man
IMO other than a ZR1, that interior is overkill and $'s misspent on sub three figure automobiles.However their work is unmatched by few.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:00 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Notch
Fair enough.

I guess it depends on one's definition of "shiny". The buttons are certainly not gloss finished, and they certainly aren't flat finished. Do they have a soft luster? Yes.
Is this really Nate Berkis?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:06 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

I would say it would be fair to say "par" is in relation to other vehicles in a similar price range.

The ZL1 Camaro and CTS-V are examples of GM cars that will be similarly priced, have awesome value in class when it comes to power, handling, etc... and have much nicer interiors than the vette.

Like I said. I'd be really happy to see the Vette offered as a bare-bones 1lt option for low 40s and then have a lot of a la carte items to be added such as sport seats, steering wheel, leather options, and so on to build it up to a world class 60k+ sports car.

Just my views, of course.
I like Pie,I mean" Par"
Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
IMO other than a ZR1, that interior is overkill and $'s misspent on sub three figure automobiles.However their work is unmatched by few.
I don't disagree one bit. A nice (real) carbon fibre center stack with the GM 4LT interior is good enough for me

If I tracked the car, then I would switch out the seats too. But 1 or 2 fun days a year at the track is probably not worth it.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by fmarshall
I just spent the last 5 years driving a Porsche Cayman S. And the interior differences between that and the 2011 Corvette aren't significant - other than full leather in the Porsche over the 3LT trim. The 4LT gives you the full leather. Note that full leather is a separate option in the Porsche and can cost many thousands of dollars when you start picking the kind and color. The standard full leather option isn't too luxurious. The rest of the ***** and handles are consistent in quality with the Vette.

An interior door pull on a 987 or 997 - same part - painted Gitano Silver costs $145. It is cheap plastic, held on by one screw, and scratches easily.

Most of the Porschephiles complain about how poor the quality is on the hardware in those cars.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I find the overall quality of my Corvette to be equal to or above that of a current year model Porsche.
I'm really glad you said that as I test drove a new yellow Cayman S over a year ago and I was NOT impressed with the interior, the seats NOR the ride.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
fmarshall
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmerhaut
I'm really glad you said that as I test drove a new yellow Cayman S over a year ago and I was NOT impressed with the interior, the seats NOR the ride.
There you have it. I knew I wasn't entirely crazy

As for ride, the car that you drove may have not been optimally configured. The car with 18" wheels and no PASM rides well, as does a car with PASM and 19" wheels. But 19" wheels and no PASM will jar fillings loose, so I have been told.

My car had 19" and PASM and the ride was comparable to my GS. When the road would get rough the ride would get too stiff, but the car held to the road always.

Quick Reply: $45 bucks more for 911 Interior ?