C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a load

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Can't see how an AC belt could be missing from a brand new car from the factory. The dealer does go thru a check list once the car hits the ground.

You added an heads up display. The car did not come with one ? What was the trim level you purchased ?

You bought a base model with upgraded wheels. Did the dealer install them for you ?

Water coming in thru the door and not the window, roof or windshield ?

This makes no sense.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
He's on the lawn mower forums ...................................
Apparently he has problems with his lawnmower starting too

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/h...ng-issues.html

nortony68

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just resurrected my Honda 3813 after about six years in the shed. Had to replace the starter, drain the little remaining gas, removed and cleaned the carb. Turns over, starts, immediately stalls. Bought a repop carb, replaced the old one with the repop-same story turns over, starts and immediately stalls. Ideas, suggestions welcomed
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Apparently he has problems with his lawnmower starting too

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/h...ng-issues.html

nortony68

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just resurrected my Honda 3813 after about six years in the shed. Had to replace the starter, drain the little remaining gas, removed and cleaned the carb. Turns over, starts, immediately stalls. Bought a repop carb, replaced the old one with the repop-same story turns over, starts and immediately stalls. Ideas, suggestions welcomed
Good post & good find by Mikey..
Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by petes ZO6

When you question a member, whether its his motives or agenda try the forum search. You will clearly find something out in this case.
Suggest you check out "C6 water pump, pump leak, water leak and pump replacement" on the INTERNET. You might learn a thing or two.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
petes ZO6
Racer

Originally Posted by laconiajack
Suggest you check out "C6 water pump, pump leak, water leak and pump replacement" on the INTERNET. You might learn a thing or two.
I suggest members check out your posts about the Corvette on the INTERNET. They may learn a thing or two and maybe more.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm sorry to hear these issues. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Gerdia
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

wow! this is incredible, we are now calling new members or anyone with a problem liars.
Why is this sooo hard to believe, just look at Randy's ( R & L's ) fender and door problems. His vette came from the factory that way.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Fly'n Family
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nortony68
I haven't bought an American car since the 60's, primarily because of build quality. I recently purchased a 2012 Corvette base, with upgraded wheels, two roofs & added a heads up display. The car has 866 total miles on it and has been back at the dealership four times. First no AC; cause "the factory left off the belt to the compressor" ( on a $53,000 car) where is the quality control?? Second visit was a GM recall to replace the rear hatch latch, ok recalls happen.. Third, back to the dealer because the AC not working- bad relay replaced. Forth; water in car on driver side all weather mat, back to the dealer, car sent out to body shop because they need to remove the drivers side door, and door jam to replace a seal that is either defective or was never installed at the factory and reinstalling/alighning the door can not be done at the delearship. That is why I will never buy another GM product.
Sorry to hear about the issues with the Vette, you should definately not be having those with a 50k + car. I've also been a foreign car guy, Nissans and then the last decade or so Infinity's - all with zero issues and fantastic rides.

My Vette is the first Chevy I've ever owned, and fortunately - I'm quite satisfied with it. I've upgraded most aspects of it in terms of performance and looks - but to this point its been an excellent fun car.

Hopefully your car will get ironed out. If not, look into the lemon laws and dump it back at the dealership for another one.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

The solution to his problem is very easy. SELL YOUR VETTE and buy another car and leave us alone.....Most of us are happy with our POS's.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by nortony68
I haven't bought an American car since the 60's, primarily because of build quality. I recently purchased a 2012 Corvette base, with upgraded wheels, two roofs & added a heads up display. The car has 866 total miles on it and has been back at the dealership four times. First no AC; cause "the factory left off the belt to the compressor" ( on a $53,000 car) where is the quality control?? Second visit was a GM recall to replace the rear hatch latch, ok recalls happen.. Third, back to the dealer because the AC not working- bad relay replaced. Forth; water in car on driver side all weather mat, back to the dealer, car sent out to body shop because they need to remove the drivers side door, and door jam to replace a seal that is either defective or was never installed at the factory and reinstalling/alighning the door can not be done at the delearship. That is why I will never buy another GM product.
Sorry that people have doubted the issues you've experienced with your car.

I agree that it seems to be a quality issue with the vehicle's assembly, but I would also question a dealership that apparently never did a pre-delivery check or delivery walk-thru of your car before handing it over to you. A simple thing like the non-functioning AC and its cause should have been found. I hope they do a better job of servicing your car than they did delivering it to you.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
rstrait
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With that many problems I would be demanding a new car, certainly far from the norm as far as quality control. Sorry for the doubters, I've experienced that myself on another forum. It's adding insult to injury to be called a liar when you know you're not.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 AM
CBRXX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vette has had no issues in my first 900 miles. Sorry for your pain. Thats a lot of hassle. Overall my experience has been ok with American vehicles. Of course to my surprise my 08 Ram just failed inspection for bad tie rod end at 23k mi. Of course i am just 3 weeks out of warranty!!! A bit pissed about that!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

I guess I need to check my belts. I thought there was only one serpentine belt, which if missing would be very obvious (I admit I may be wrong on that one but my '94 only had one). And picking up a car from the dealer with these issues? What is the name of the dealer so we can avoid them.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
nortony68
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Marc V.
Sorry for your problems.

But you think import quality is better?
I've had good and bad luck with import cars, a bad Nissan, an early Honda Accord which was crap and an 06 Civic which was also somewhat problematic, I think in part because my teenage daughter drove it like a taxi cab, and a used Porsche 911 which was my fault for buying it in the first place.
My issues are not with the delearship, they have been more then accommadating and after calling Chevrolet Customer Service last week an area representitive contacted me within 24 hours and promised to follow up with both the dealer and I to insure that the latest problem, a water leak was repaired correctly. The customer service representitive even offered in some way to make it right with me. I told him, I just wanted the car fixed properly and vented my frustration with having what I felt was an inordinate number of problems with a new car, particularily the fact that the factory failed to install the belt for the AC compressor.
This is my first post on the forum and a good number of responses have been supportive, while others have not. I guess that is to be expected, but I have to admit the negative responses questioning the validity of my post angered me. I understand brand loyalty and though I'm not that familiar with the C6 forum, you guys get people posting false comments periodically, but this post is legit.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM
nortony68
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
I guess I need to check my belts. I thought there was only one serpentine belt, which if missing would be very obvious (I admit I may be wrong on that one but my '94 only had one). And picking up a car from the dealer with these issues? What is the name of the dealer so we can avoid them.
I asked the same question, I thought like most cars had a single serpentine belt ran the whole show, but the dealer said no on this car, with an LS 3 engine there is a separate belt for the AC. The service dept. repair print out states "AC belt no installed at factory." I don't blame the dealer, they have been accommadating and I will have to deal with them in the future so I don't want to create any ill-will. They found the car in stock at another dealer after doing a search within 150 miles of the dealership and located my car at a dealer on coastal Ct. I'm sure it was just on the lot as inventory and they didn't prep it, just checked it for damages after it came off the car hauler
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I was very hesitant prior to purchasing my 08 over 4 years ago because of all the problems I read about on this forum. But I soon learned many of the problems were exceptions to the rule. I have not had one issue with my Vette.
I can understand your frustration on the other hand and would feel the same say if my Vette had all the problems you are experiencing.

Get notified of new replies

To what a load

Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 AM
turbod
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2010 GS and never been back to the dealer. My first Vette, maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 AM
nortony68
8th Gear

Originally Posted by petes ZO6
It is the Sonic Blue base model 6 speed, but was ordered by the dealer with chrome rims and a tinted see through top rather then the solid top, thus the car stickered out at $53,400. I bought it because it was the color I wanted. The heads up display kit is available on e bay from a Chevrolet dealership utilizing a OEM heads up display set up with a custom wiring harness. The Box had an AC Delco sticker on it, but I don't know if it's supplied to GM by them. I added a full set of Weather guard rubber mats, mud flaps, and a Covercraft Weathershield HD cover
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM
KWC6
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

How about the Toyota recalls these past few years.. Never a problem yet with my 08', 47,000 and counting.

Quick Reply: what a load