C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firearm Stowage

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
REDFIVE48
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wezel
BTW: many consider loads less than .38 Special +P and 9mm 147gr bullet loads inadequate for self protection. Smaller calibers, .380, .32 and less are considered "mouse guns".
.22 to the head will stop anyone in their tracks, it's about accuracy, caliber helps but accuracy rules. I'll take 3 shots to the head with a .22 over a miss with a .45
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Lots go good information here:

http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/

BTW: many consider loads less than .38 Special +P and 9mm 147gr bullet loads inadequate for self protection. Smaller calibers, .380, .32 and less are considered "mouse guns".
Shot placement is key. There was a reason the .45 was created over 100 years ago.

At home I have a pistol but also a shotgun. Shotgun in the home is MUCH better than a pistol.

Hate to break it to you 327 Federal Magnum is not far off from a .357 Magnum and the 32 H&R Magnum is greater than the 38 special and very close to the 38+P ammo. Do not judge a book by its cover in regards to bullet diameter.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by SK360
My XD45 Compact fits in the door pocket just fine for when I'm driving. I've stowed it in the rear storage compartments when travelling through states that don't honor my PA permit.

That's not what he asked. Take your bs elsewhere
I suggest a shoulder holster, or one mounted to the side of the tunnel, then put it under the seat when exiting ... it's a jungle out there, don't be a victim ...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Now Dan, you know its not a stupid thread. As the Corvette is a DD for many people and they do carry it is a good subject as to how people carry in a small interior car that we all own. The thread does involve the car in every aspect so I wouldnt say its stupid but perhaps it is not the thread for everyone.

Personally, I am sick of seeing the same old threads every day. If it doesnt involve wax, plasti dip, wheels or pictures of a car that looks like 99% of the rest (only it is another color) it is out of the norm on here. This is a good departure from the normal playful games of butt slapping and circle jerks.
Post of the year. I owe you a beer in Carlisle.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hate to break it to you 327 Federal Magnum is not far off from a .357 Magnum and the 32 H&R Magnum is greater than the 38 special and very close to the 38+P ammo. Do not judge a book by its cover in regards to bullet diameter.
You are correct. .32ACP is inadequate and more common than those above.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Really, comparing wearing a seat belt with always carrying a handgun is

It all comes down to what are the odds your going to need your gun driving your Vette on a Sunday afternoon in the country? Slim to none Sure its possible, but so is nuclear war, but I'm not digging a bomb shelter in my backyard, are you?

BTW, I am pro gun and have my C&C permit....just not overly paranoid.
Down here in AZ "in the country" is a whole different ball game. Break down out here and there is a good chance you will run into people you don't want to thanks to the lack of border security.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Ratchet Thunderbolt
Pro

Originally Posted by Ozarkwoods
That is a good question, one that I have been toying around for a few months. I was thinking of mounting it behind the passenger seat, but the only way to get it out without sweeping the passenger is down and between the counsole. Not very quick and it's awkward. I have seen a holster mount that straps to the steering like this:

Do a google search for vehicle holsters or conceal carry holster for vehicle and you will get a bunch of ideas.

I like this rig.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,016 Likes on 473 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Really, comparing wearing a seat belt with always carrying a handgun is

It all comes down to what are the odds your going to need your gun driving your Vette on a Sunday afternoon in the country? Slim to none Sure its possible, but so is nuclear war, but I'm not digging a bomb shelter in my backyard, are you?

BTW, I am pro gun and have my C&C permit....just not overly paranoid.
I have to agree with you...I don't even think most people responding actually read the OP's original question..It says NOTHING about carrying a gun or that they even have a carry permit...but all these people keep talking about it as if the OP did.

Here is the OP's original question:

"Any suggestions on the best place/way to stow a firearm in a C6 Vert?"

In the question...where does it say anything about carrying a gun? It says PLACE or STOW. I believe myself and others have answered the actual question about 6 pages ago...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Garret
I have to agree with you...I don't even think most people responding actually read the OP's original question..It says NOTHING about carrying a gun or that they even have a carry permit...but all these people keep talking about it as if the OP did.

In the question...where does it say anything about carrying a gun? It says PLACE or STOW. I believe myself and others have answered the actual question about 6 pages ago...
ALMOST. lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
ny32182
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

If he isn't asking about carrying, the answer is too obvious and there would be no point in having the thread.

It is a good topic and very much car-specific. The best choice in the Vette is not even possible in my RSX, for example...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Wezel
Pro

I believe this thread combines two great subjects, Corvettes and Concealed Carry. Thanks to the OP.

Last edited by Wezel; 12-04-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Sounds like alot of C6 owners live in a war zone! This is a really stupid thread on a car forum!
Due to the accute lack of storage space in a C6 I think it is a great thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EDinPA

I'm sorry but this looks like A$$.
Plus if its a Series 70 1911 its not a good idea to have the hammer down. The gun is designed to be carried in condition 1.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

We're all entitled an opinion! Like I said, my feeling is if you can't figure out where to store/conceal a weapon in your own car maybe you shouldn't own said weapon, or car for that matter!! LOL And this thread took a different direction a long time ago, seems like a testosterone match to me! And frankly I wouldn't want to expose publicly I carry, like I said a stupid thread IMO!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Wezel
Pro

Originally Posted by KneeDragr
Plus if its a Series 70 1911 its not a good idea to have the hammer down. The gun is designed to be carried in condition 1.
After I experienced an inadvertent discharge 40 years ago I never lower the hammer on any live round. (Young and foolish!)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by PittMD1
Down here in AZ "in the country" is a whole different ball game. Break down out here and there is a good chance you will run into people you don't want to thanks to the lack of border security.
I totally understand that there are different threat levels for all of us, and in that situation, I don't blame you, I would carry also. Overall though, I think some people blow this stuff way out of proportion.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret

It's not the first time a thread has taken a turn from the original topic.

Get notified of new replies

To Firearm Stowage

Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
We're all entitled an opinion! Like I said, my feeling is if you can't figure out where to store/conceal a weapon in your own car maybe you shouldn't own said weapon, or car for that matter!! LOL And this thread took a different direction a long time ago, seems like a testosterone match to me! And frankly I wouldn't want to expose publicly I carry, like I said a stupid thread IMO!!
This is a screen name, it we were putting publicly our full names, address, phone number, car plate (that is dumb).....etc I can see that. But since this isnt actually our names or any of that than perhaps its not a valid point.

People can figure out a lot of things about their Corvette but there may be a better way to do something or what have you.

If people cant figure out what type of tires are the best for their car on their own without any research, same for exhaust or tuning than perhaps they shouldnt own the car?

Originally Posted by SK360
Post of the year. I owe you a beer in Carlisle.
I will collect. This year I hope I dont get as sun burnt.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sort of like if a saggy boobed woman says "You wanna see em?" and you know they will be bad but you say "Does the day in the 'Y'?" hahhaa
Lmao!!

Yeah I wanna see em!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

But in 1974 the Zebra Killers used this weapon in SF to kill.

Quick Reply: Firearm Stowage