C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deal or no deal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,052 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by bill1100
So, deal or no deal?
Sounds like a beautiful car at a great price, including trade-in $.
I vote 'deal'.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

If you can afford it, do it! If you still owe on your 06, maybe you should pass. Sounds like a good deal though, love the white.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM
bill1100
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on deal

News flash - there is no update. I was supposed to hear back from the sales manager at this dealership this afternoon and I have nothing to report as of now. I'm starting to get a little less enthusiastic about this deal. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow morning, I'll just ream him out and blow off the deal. Stay tuned.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

is it a local dealer to you ? just show up, checkbook-in-hand...
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

News flash - there is no update. I was supposed to hear back from the sales manager at this dealership this afternoon and I have nothing to report as of now. I'm starting to get a little less enthusiastic about this deal. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow morning, I'll just ream him out and blow off the deal. Stay tuned.
Forget that. Show up with the car and title and tell him today or never. If never you will find another deal. Don't let them waste your time. Even better find a forum dealer here and see if they can work the same deal with another car. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 291 Likes on 239 Posts

Contrary to what others are saying I think they offered you too much for your trade and are gonna back pedal. In my opinion that's LS3 territory. Probably no money for them in the current deal. Maybe they come back at $25K for your trade? If they agree to the current deal though, I think it's a good deal for you.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
bill1100
Advanced

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Contrary to what others are saying I think they offered you too much for your trade and are gonna back pedal. In my opinion that's LS3 territory. Probably no money for them in the current deal. Maybe they come back at $25K for your trade? If they agree to the current deal though, I think it's a good deal for you.
I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't play well with people that try to change a deal on me or play bait and switch, etc. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till mid-morning tomorrow. This really is a deal that I can walk away from and not look back - seriously. I love my '06 and if I end up keeping it, that's ok with me. I saw the manager's special on their website and stopped in to see if I could make a deal on the '13 GS that would be good enough to get me out of my '06. If the manager exceeded his authority in making me the offer described in my original post in this thread, then that's the end of it. I will, however, make sure the owner of the dealership knows what happened. If the deal as offered is real, I'll be happy to finalize it. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my '06 and check out the new CTS-Vsport this fall.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

If a deal is too good to be true then it isn't.

MANY dealers are dishonest. NOT ALL, but many.

Watch out and simply show up and work the deal you got.

Unfortunately, if you did not get a call today I am agreeing with the previous poster. Looks like they had second thoughts and want you to go away. No dealer ever stops trying to sell a car unless they given you erroneous info which they screwed up on.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. Best regards.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
theblackvette
Safety Car

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till mid-morning tomorrow.
It's mid morning now. Time's up, STEALERSHIP!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,650 Likes on 817 Posts

It's a great deal...go for it!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hang in there..... Never know what is going on with the sales manager. Might have a family emergency or something came up.... These guys have lives too.

Give him the benefit of the doubt unless he tells you one on one no go.

He wants to sell the car that's how he gets paid.!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 AM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Deal!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 AM
JPJR
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope they were for real, because it's a heck of a deal.
The Anniversary edition GS's are beautiful.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 AM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything yet???
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jdot
Anything yet???
It is starting the appear the stealership has been blowing smoke up the OP's rear end.

I think by now we would have seen a new thread, "Just Took Delivery"

There will be other cars out there if indeed this deal was a bunch of bull.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
bill1100
Advanced

Default Picking it up tonight

Unless they try to change the deal on me at the last second, I'm picking up my new GS anniversary edition tonight. Turns out the $28,000 they suggested as the trade value of my '06 coupe, turned into $25500. I finally lost my sense of humor and told them they needed to bump that to a minimum of $26000 and they had to lower the price on the new GS by another $1250. They finally said OK. So, bottom line is that I'm buying this new GS that stickers at just under $75000 for $57250 minus the aforementioned $26000 trade in value. I had forgotten that I had about $400 in GM Card earnings, so I'll be using that as well. I also told them I want the oil changed because the car has been sitting either on their showroom floor or under covered parking for over 9 months. They are cleaning the car and doing the oil change now. I came home to get my other key and fob and to remove all my stuff from my '06. I told the new car sales manager that I will not accept any surprises when I come back to the dealership this evening and that I will walk out if anything has changed. I posted a picture of the car earlier in this thread. So wish me luck guys. I'll post a message later tonight with the outcome...
Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Unless they try to change the deal on me at the last second, I'm picking up my new GS anniversary edition tonight. Turns out the $28,000 they suggested as the trade value of my '06 coupe, turned into $25500. I finally lost my sense of humor and told them they needed to bump that to a minimum of $26000 and they had to lower the price on the new GS by another $1250. They finally said OK. So, bottom line is that I'm buying this new GS that stickers at just under $75000 for $57250 minus the aforementioned $26000 trade in value. I had forgotten that I had about $400 in GM Card earnings, so I'll be using that as well. I also told them I want the oil changed because the car has been sitting either on their showroom floor or under covered parking for over 9 months. They are cleaning the car and doing the oil change now. I came home to get my other key and fob and to remove all my stuff from my '06. I told the new car sales manager that I will not accept any surprises when I come back to the dealership this evening and that I will walk out if anything has changed. I posted a picture of the car earlier in this thread. So wish me luck guys. I'll post a message later tonight with the outcome...
Damn they did TRY to pull a swing on you and great job standing up to the bully. With that oil change, their $1250 adjustment, and the oil change, really amounts to not much difference than before. But, if they try anything walk the heck out of there. And tell that finance guy, decline, decline, decline. Don't give that stealership another dime!!!!

If you were local I would show up with you. They would hate me so much that they would hurry up with the deal to get both of us out of there within in hour or less.

Get notified of new replies

To Deal or no deal?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 PM
bill1100
Advanced

OK, this is now over. Just as I was about to go out to my garage to get my stuff out of my '06, the phone rings. When I saw the number of the dealership on the caller ID, I told my wife "Uh-oh". The phone call was from the general manager of the dealership who proceeded to tell me that there's no way they could sell the car to me on the agreed-upon terms because they would lose $4700. He said they would sell the car to me on essentially a break-even basis. He apologized and said he didn't know where those numbers came from and I told him it was directly out of the mouth of his new car sales manager. I told him that this is either the most blatant case of misleading sales practices I've ever seen in a car dealership (and I've seen some doozies) or the guy I was dealing with is stupid or off his meds. I have the offer written down on a copy of the dealer invoice in the guy's handwriting!

Anyway, this saga is over and I don't think I would buy the car from them even if they came back and offered it to me at the same price. For those of you that live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, my advice is not to buy (or try to buy) a car from Huffines Chevrolet in Plano. For that matter, don't buy a car from their Lewisville store either - I had another fiasco with those idiots back in March of this year. I won't bore you with the details. I've always liked the guys and the work in their Plano service department, but I won't be going back there either.

I didn't lose my temper with the guy this evening, but I really don't give that much of a crap. I've been experiencing some buyer's remorse ever since this deal got weird, and frankly I'm glad it's over. He invited me over to sit down and talk about my grievances, but I told him that if he is not going to honor an offer made by his new car sales manager, I have no interest in further conversation with him or anyone else at Huffines. I'd send a letter to Ray Huffines himself, but if he has dishonest people like this on his payroll and keeps them for more than a day, that would also be a waste of time. Meanwhile, I'll just keep driving my '06 coupe that is in superb condition - as mentioned earlier, I will probably take a serious look at the new CTS-Vsport with its twin-turbo V-6 when it comes out in a month or two. I appreciate everyone's comments and support.

By the way, I really wasn't all that sure way deep down that I wanted a white car anyway. I've lost count of the cars I've owned over the last 50 years or so, but I know none of them was white.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

OK, this is now over. Just as I was about to go out to my garage to get my stuff out of my '06, the phone rings. When I saw the number of the dealership on the caller ID, I told my wife "Uh-oh". The phone call was from the general manager of the dealership who proceeded to tell me that there's no way they could sell the car to me on the agreed-upon terms because they would lose $4700. He said they would sell the car to me on essentially a break-even basis. He apologized and said he didn't know where those numbers came from and I told him it was directly out of the mouth of his new car sales manager. I told him that this is either the most blatant case of misleading sales practices I've ever seen in a car dealership (and I've seen some doozies) or the guy I was dealing with is stupid or off his meds. I have the offer written down on a copy of the dealer invoice in the guy's handwriting!

Anyway, this saga is over and I don't think I would buy the car from them even if they came back and offered it to me at the same price. For those of you that live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, my advice is not to buy (or try to buy) a car from Huffines Chevrolet in Plano. For that matter, don't buy a car from their Lewisville store either - I had another fiasco with those idiots back in March of this year. I won't bore you with the details. I've always liked the guys and the work in their Plano service department, but I won't be going back there either.

I didn't lose my temper with the guy this evening, but I really don't give that much of a crap. I've been experiencing some buyer's remorse ever since this deal got weird, and frankly I'm glad it's over. He invited me over to sit down and talk about my grievances, but I told him that if he is not going to honor an offer made by his new car sales manager, I have no interest in further conversation with him or anyone else at Huffines. I'd send a letter to Ray Huffines himself, but if he has dishonest people like this on his payroll and keeps them for more than a day, that would also be a waste of time. Meanwhile, I'll just keep driving my '06 coupe that is in superb condition - as mentioned earlier, I will probably take a serious look at the new CTS-Vsport with its twin-turbo V-6 when it comes out in a month or two. I appreciate everyone's comments and support.

By the way, I really wasn't all that sure way deep down that I wanted a white car anyway. I've lost count of the cars I've owned over the last 50 years or so, but I know none of them was white.
I'm speechless!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 291 Likes on 239 Posts

That's kind of a bummer but another plus to this fiasco is you still have that money in the bank. This probably won't be the last time you hear from them. You caved once so they tried to press you again. They'll probably be calling with another deal.

Quick Reply: Deal or no deal?