C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inexpensive 1LT Interior Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by harmonyp
Thanks for most of the posts. hdkeno - I was looking at those same seat covers. Nice to see them installed. Think those will be my replacements when mine wear out.

Yeah, and I live on a horse ranch. You know - hay, dust, horses, dogs. Some people actually go in and out of their cars! I've put 2K miles on my car in the past 1 1/2 months and am enjoying the heck out of it. Hope you have time to enjoy yours.

Actually, you've given me an idea of where to put my seat covers

I've heard lots of folks talking about discomfort along with tight budgets, and it's posted in case someone might think about a part - like the console cover, or get ideas. Don't like it, don't do it. Think I'll add some more red lines to the console

Karen
Thnks Karen, That was my intention on the reply. No negativity on your choice of seat covers,on my part. Heck, I had ones on my c5 that were not as nice as the ones that you have on now. Its your car. dosent matter what anyone else thinks.or comments,especially about getting a vacumn. Its nice to see that you actually enjoy and drive your c6,instead of letting it collect dust sitting in the garage or barn,and if you do get the MAM overs, I think that you will like them, and install is a breeze...Ken
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Yikes the seat covers are the tackiest thing I have ever seen. The dash lettering ranks second along with the door grip covers.

But your car so enjoy to the fullest.

For me less is usually more.

I too have mods but more subtle.

After all is said and done the best mod is the car itself and sitting behind the wheel and going through the gears.

You posted and I felt the overwhelming need to respond.

Just some a**hole with a opinion.....
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Yikes the seat covers are the tackiest thing I have ever seen. The dash lettering ranks second along with the door grip covers.

But your car so enjoy to the fullest.

For me less is usually more.

I too have mods but more subtle.

After all is said and done the best mod is the car itself and sitting behind the wheel and going through the gears.

You posted and I felt the overwhelming need to respond.

Just some a**hole with a opinion.....
HAHA - self proclaimed a**hole comments enjoyed! I am a tacky person, so car reflects me quite well!

Next commentary in the car. Not photoshopped - that's Pauli, a rescue. Not pointed to you, but in some cars he's the driver!
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks horrible.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:34 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Now don't you be insulting my ... um ... bird!

Yeah yeah, I get it already. I've been on this forum long enough, I should have known better than to have posted.

Wait until I get the dash mat! Maybe I should actually get those black sheepskin inserts, then post again (except I sure like hdkeno's covers...)

Can we just presume another 100 more "looks horribles" and get it over with already. I guarantee I'm not changing anything. Maybe we should all go somewhere else.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Karen that interior is fugly thankfully it didn't cost to much to kill it. You probably took the fuzzy dice off the mirror to take the pics right? The rooster is cool. I can only imagine the damage his spurs are causing. You however seem to be a very fun and colorful person and it looks like your having fun with your new car. Congrats
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,904 Likes on 1,919 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I hope you enjoy your car. That is all that matters.

I too have taken chit over some of my mods. But I like them and that is all that matters.

Not everyone has the same needs/desires so I say make it the way you want it and enjoy.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Not for me. Too much and the cheapness is evident. But! I do dig the rooster fella, and keep driving that Vette, load it with hay or whatever, it's meant to be used. Enjoy.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:49 AM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

Absolutely not for me...

But I bought my car as a driver, not a status symbol.
Some might think I am crazy for putting a lot of mileage on my car.
I just grin at .55 per mile when I go to the bank.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok. Lots of harshness here. I'll give you an honest and hopefully constructive opinion from someone with self proclaimed good taste.

I appreciate trying to get a new look for very little money, and I agree that adding some color will liven it up, but since you asked for an opinion, I think there are some areas of improvement.

1.) Seat Covers - I think you need to have those seat covers fitted. If you can't get them fitted properly, then get them removed. They look poor when loose like that.

2.) Cup Holder - Get rid of that cup holder thing. Put your stuff in the center console or glove box. The car can only carry 2 people, you don't need more than the 2 cup holders that came with the car. That looks like something I'd store all my pens and pencils in for my desk at work.

3.) Red Stuff - The red stuff around the center stack and passenger side Corvette text needs to go. It looks like someone decorated your car with Twizzlers.

4.) Good Stuff - The floor mats and the center console pad look good. The door handles and steering wheel cover looks fine too. I personally wouldn't do the red Corvette text, but that by itself is fine and if you like it, keep it.

Fix the seat covers, the cup holder thing, and the Twizzlers, and you're fine.

Good luck.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:46 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Ok. Lots of harshness here. I'll give you an honest and hopefully constructive opinion from someone with self proclaimed good taste.

I appreciate trying to get a new look for very little money, and I agree that adding some color will liven it up, but since you asked for an opinion, I think there are some areas of improvement.

1.) Seat Covers - I think you need to have those seat covers fitted. If you can't get them fitted properly, then get them removed. They look poor when loose like that.

2.) Cup Holder - Get rid of that cup holder thing. Put your stuff in the center console or glove box. The car can only carry 2 people, you don't need more than the 2 cup holders that came with the car. That looks like something I'd store all my pens and pencils in for my desk at work.

3.) Red Stuff - The red stuff around the center stack and passenger side Corvette text needs to go. It looks like someone decorated your car with Twizzlers.

4.) Good Stuff - The floor mats and the center console pad look good. The door handles and steering wheel cover looks fine too. I personally wouldn't do the red Corvette text, but that by itself is fine and if you like it, keep it.

Fix the seat covers, the cup holder thing, and the Twizzlers, and you're fine.

Good luck.
I didn't actually ask anyone for their opinion, but you're so polite I take yours graciously.

Coffee in the area by the shifter gets in the way of my shifting and is inconvenient, and I don't drive without coffee or something to drink. And I always am looking for a pen. So, I like the office on the console.

When I put the Corvette letters on, I used the little primer stick that came with them, and made the mistake of just globbing over the area (instead of taking a q-tip and just putting it in the indentation where the letters go). The primer caused a blemished look around the area, so the twisslers were to cover it up. If anyone knows how to fix such a blemish, I'd love to know! Meanwhile I'm kinda liking my twisslers. and DEFINITELY keeping the letters. Ah - the other twissler, that's going. I tried to hold the Garmin cord in place, but my sexy dash mat is coming and I'll push the cord under that, then that will go.

In reality, the seat covers are temporary as I'm determining what I really want to do with the seats. Trying to determine if I like red on them, or prefer them to be black only. Not sure if I'm going with the nicer neoprenes (which dog hair does stick to), or putting leather custom covers on over the padding. Meanwhile, I do let dogs in the car and don't want to scratch the seats. But, I'm quite enjoying the flack I'm getting!

Thanks for your feedback Jawnathin.

Last edited by harmonyp; 01-06-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by harmonyp
I didn't actually ask anyone for their opinion, but you're so polite I take yours graciously.

Coffee in the area by the shifter gets in the way of my shifting and is inconvenient. And I always am looking for a pen. So, I like the office on the console.

When I put the Corvette letters on, I used the little primer stick that came with them, and made the mistake of just globbing over the area (instead of taking a q-tip and just putting it in the indentation where the letters go). The primer caused a blemished look around the area, so the twisslers were to cover it up. If anyone knows how to fix such a blemish, I'd love to know! Meanwhile I'm kinda liking my twisslers. and DEFINITELY keeping the letters.

In reality, the seat covers are temporary as I'm determining what I really want to do with the seats. Trying to determine if I like red on them, or prefer them to be black only. Not sure if I'm going with the nicer neoprenes (which dog hair does stick to), or putting leather custom covers on over the padding. Meanwhile, I do let dogs in the car and don't want to scratch the seats. But, I'm quite enjoying the flack I'm getting!

Thanks for your feedback Jawnathin.
Ah, I guess you didn't ask for an opinion after all, I guess I was being a little presumptuous, so my mistake. Oh well, you got an opinion anyway .

People here can be brutally honest and downright mean at times. That is great because often the best advice stems from honesty, but the problem I have with that is they aren't constructive. They just say they hate it and move on, without saying what they like, don't like, and how they'd improve it. You must have thick skin because you took it all very well with a positive attitude.

Okay, now on to some more suggestions...

I have drinks in my cupholders all the time and while the drinks can get in the way when shifting into reverse, but outside of that, I don't feel like it interferes. But if bothers you, then OK, I can't argue with that. But, what about something like the cup holder in the picture below, and keeping your pens in your center console?

IMO, a much cleaner look and less intrusive than the 'office on wheels'.

Regarding the primer, that can be tough. Is it a layer of goop that sits on top of the dash, or did it stain the material in the dash? My guess is that it is just a layer of goop, so you may want to try some rubbing alcohol or other form of adhesive remover. Or maybe just a bit of water and elbow grease. However, before you try any chemical on the dash/primer, test it on a small and hard to see spot to ensure it doesn't damage the finish any further. Maybe the part where the door and dash meet. I wouldn't use anything harsh like acetone. That'd probably melt the damn dash! You may also want to see if anyone else has had luck taking off these letters from the dash, because they'd probably need to remove the adhesive too, so there may be some tips. I found the following thread which may be of help to you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...e-removal.html

If you like the letters, then keep them. I think they match with the rest of the red you've added to the steering wheel, center console, door handles, and arm rests just fine.

Red on seats can look nice, my factory seats had red bolsters on them. I think the seats can be well off with some color, but generally covers are difficult to work with because they're loose and not tight fitting. Perhaps once you figure out exactly what you want to do, you could get a temporary seat cover for when the dogs are with you and take them off when they're not?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

I'll play again, the interior is trashed, plain and simple.

What on God's good Earth are you thinking.

Just because something is cheap doesn't mean you have to exercise your right and buy it.

Lordy lordy lordy.

Hum I could not hold back for a second post. This is just too good to be true for ripping.

If you are not thinking about where you went wrong then there is no hope for obtaining good taste.

Geez Louise.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 PM
cranmans.c6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great ideas and love the colors. I'm a poor man (unlike some vet owners) with a love for corvettes, my c6 is my ONLY car (daily driver). mods can been very expensive, so I'm limited to what I can and can't do... or save up for a really long time. I appreciate the ideas and have added some to my wish list. keep them coming.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

The point is modding just to mod isn't always good.

Things can get out of hand very quickly and then you have a piece of crap.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Boomer111
The point is modding just to mod isn't always good. Things can get out of hand very quickly and then you have a piece of crap.
Got to agree 100%. I would remove everything except the rooster.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't feel bad. If you post garbage on a public forum for all to see, be prepared for the feedback. Good and bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Inexpensive 1LT Interior Modifications

Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by dev1360
I don't feel bad. If you post garbage on a public forum for all to see, be prepared for the feedback. Good and bad.
Public forum or not, I don't know what people get out of hurting other peoples feelings...sad really.

Constructive criticism is one thing, being plain old mean is another.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
adamzane
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice
Old 01-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Public forum or not, I don't know what people get out of hurting other peoples feelings...sad really.

Constructive criticism is one thing, being plain old mean is another.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive 1LT Interior Modifications