C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Called my Dealer to see what's up with my Recall parts.
They didn't know it until I called, but the parts are in and scheduled for Tuesday to get the work done.
Will post how things go and what difference there is, or not
Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Have any 08' owners gotten a recall letter yet? When I look my car up by serial number on the Chevy Owners site it only lists the headlight recall, nothing about this. My car is an 08' California emissions car (NU5)
H
Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ccmano
Have any 08' owners gotten a recall letter yet? When I look my car up by serial number on the Chevy Owners site it only lists the headlight recall, nothing about this. My car is an 08' California emissions car (NU5)
H
How long 'till the renewal comes in the mail?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Supposedly after the 09's are done the 08's will be recalled.

Time wise, who knows.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Recall Completed Today !

Had the Cats done and the Low Beam headlight Recall done today on my 2009 Coupe.
Dropped it off yesterday at the Dealer and it was done today at 1:30 PM.
No drama, no issues, all went smooth

As for the results, I do not notice any difference in performance except maybe a little more responsive on the bottom end.
Most likely due to increased back pressure.

As for change in the exhaust sound/loudness, .....
I have NPP with Mild to Wild and Collars installed to keep the flaps slightly open in the closed position and, the exhaust is now Noticeably Quieter.
It's now also Noticeably Quieter with the flaps kept open all the way.
Still gurgles and rumbles a little on deceleration with flaps open, but is also definitely a bit subdued now compared to before.
No Popping going on like it used.

All this may change as the Cats break in because I did notice the car was Really quiet when I first drove off the lot.
Took it for a 20 minute drive and the exhaust did get a Little louder once everything was up to operating temperature.

Another thing is with the flaps kept Open, there is Almost no drone now at any speed and what drone there is, compared to before, is almost hard to notice.

Work was performed at Bill DeLuca Chevrolet, they used Jacking pucks and car was returned clean as a whistle.
Told them Not to wash the car since it was clean going in, but there were no signs anyone even worked on the car when I picked it up.

Along with the Recall work, I had them replace the Original Battery.
And since they were pulling the exhaust down, I had them install my 1/4" thick Elite Engineering Tunnel Plate with the ABS heat padding.
I don't expect the heat to be any different because of the new plate once everything heats up on a long drive.

But I have to say I noticed right away the difference in stiffness of the body with this thicker Tunnel Plate.
Especially going over rough spots and bridge expansion joints on the highway.
There is Noticeably less flex and cowl shake and I can feel the suspension working more independently from the body.
Wasn't really sure just how much difference it would make, but to me it's Noticeable and well worth adding one of these thicker plates
Old 06-17-2015, 03:51 PM
scottaolsen
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ccmano
H

Nope.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:47 PM
EJ1
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Don't do it

Originally Posted by Purdue
Had the recall performed today. It's raining today so I haven't put my foot into the throttle to see if performance was compromised.

I did notice the exhaust is quieter. When starting the car it doesn't roar to life but rather muted. I have the NPP and the tone was definitely reduced with the butterflies open. There is no drone when driving with the flaps open.

Also, the exhaust used to crackle and pop when letting off the gas or downshifting with the paddles...well that doesn't happen anymore.

I'll post this in the other C6 recall thread/sticky.
I picked up my 2009 C6 Base this morning after leaving it for the emissions recall yesterday.

When I'm cruising I feel like I'm driving an electric car, and when I stomp it I feel like I'm driving a hot rod Impala. The software they put in for throttle mapping seems to have reduced throttle response quickness during acceleration and downshift engine braking (automatic transmission).

The car is so different-- to convince me I didn't just get robbed I'd like Chevrolet to Lime Rock one car pre recall and after recall and release the test results as well as publish post recall hp, torque, 0-60, and quarter mile times.

Last edited by EJ1; 06-18-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I wonder if this is like a bait and switch scam.

One buys the car due to its performance and it gets recalled and drives noticeable different..

Autos may performe differently than the manual after this recall?

Just waiting....with my 08.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:05 PM
EJ1
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Also see this thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-recall.html
Old 06-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
Don't expect much Bob.
I also thought it was great when I first noticed that Chevy monitored these forums.
I've followed many threads over the past two and a half years, in which member's sought help from Customer Service, including myself.

I've yet to see a result that the member couldn't achieve himself, as I finally did with my issue.
I used them a few years ago & all she did was call the service manager which did no good. The next time she called I told her that I know how to use a phone to bitch to the service manager lol..She never called back & closed the case....
Old 06-25-2015, 04:21 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 200 Likes on 150 Posts

I just got back from Folsom Chevrolet in Folsom, CA, who sold me my 09 1LT almost three months ago. They performed the emissions recall work in a total of 2 1/2 hours as promised, including cool down time for the exhaust system. It's about 21 miles from my front door to the agency, so that's the extent of my experience thus far. I did get to drive it on 50+ mph express ways and on a very twisty country road on the way home. Aside from the slight smell of the new cats and exhaust pipes burning in, the car does seem to be a little more responsive at the low end. Otherwise, it's still the same pleasant driving experience it was before the cats and re-flash of the ECM. I'm happy with the agency and with the mods.

Last edited by RagTop69; 06-25-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:25 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RagTop69
I just got back from Folsom Chevrolet in Folsom, CA, who sold me my 09 1LT almost three months ago. They performed the emissions recall work in a total of 2 1/2 hours as promised, including cool down time for the exhaust system. It's about 21 miles from my front door to the agency, so that's the extent of my experience thus far. I did get to drive it on 50+ mph express ways and on a very twisty country road on the way home. Aside from the slight smell of the new cats and exhaust pipes burning in, the car does seem to be a little more responsive at the low end. Otherwise, it's still the same pleasant driving experience it was before the cats and re-flash of the ECM. I'm happy with the agency and with the mods.
I wasn't sure within the 1st 100 miles after the work was done if it was a Placebo feeling or if it really had better response on the low end.
But now with just over 200 miles since the recall it definitely runs better.
It ran fine before, but now it's better.
Also never kept a constant eye on MPG before, but that is also better since the recall
Old 08-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Eric 1988
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warning don't do this if you like the sound of your dual note exhaust

Wikipedia reference-linkHad the Cats done and the Low Beam headlight Recall done on my 2009 convertible z51 performance package with dual mode exhaust

As for change in the exhaust sound/loudness, .....

If I knew what I know now last week I wouldn't have had this done!

That deep grumble you get at start up is gone the deep grumble when you hit the accelerator is gone. Sure there is probably still some difference versus a non dual mode exhaust but I paid extra for this option and now it is gone. Don't know if it affected performance but sure sounds like it and it was a sound i loved,paid for, and now is gone.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

While I agree the sound of the exhaust was quieter when I first had mine done, it is now a lot louder after putting on over 1200 miles since getting it done.
It's now at least 90% as loud as it was before the recall and hard to tell there's any difference from before and after the recall.
IMO, the Cats have broken in now.
The Performance though has Definitely Improved.
YMMV
Old 08-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
I'll never understand a "Voluntary", recall.

It would seem to me, that a manufacturer recalls a car when something must be fixed.

Voluntary Recall, implies that something must be fixed, but only if you'd like to fix it.

If you choose not to fix it, that's ok too, which of course means it didn't have to be fixed in the first place.

Appears to me the use of the word "Voluntary", is designed to limit the number of actual recalls.

Just my 2 cents.
What about the low beam headlight RECALL for vettes up to 2007 and the letter I got did not say recall". When It was at the dealer last month I was told that they would do it IF I wanted to.??

Last edited by Cherokee Nation; 08-20-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: change
Old 08-21-2015, 03:23 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 736 Likes on 475 Posts

Any 2008 owners get a recall letter for the catalytic converter replacement?
Old 08-21-2015, 03:56 AM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the headlight recall performed.

There is NO way i am going with the exhaust recall and adding 2 more cats.

Get notified of new replies

To New Recall

Old 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Eric 1988
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks gives me hope still not happy with gm

Originally Posted by Dif
While I agree the sound of the exhaust was quieter when I first had mine done, it is now a lot louder after putting on over 1200 miles since getting it done.
It's now at least 90% as loud as it was before the recall and hard to tell there's any difference from before and after the recall.
IMO, the Cats have broken in now.
The Performance though has Definitely Improved.
YMMV
From delivery to 7500 miles sounded the same, not optimistic it will get better as time goes on. The mufflers did not change so the whole rumble sound i loved I think is changed through the new software. How it controls air flow and the dual mode exhaust.

The dealer is sending in my complaint to gm, but I am not optimistic my one voice will have any affect. This makes me sad as I have an escalade that has had a few issues, they have corrected everything. I talk up how gm seams to have improved and take care of their products. We have a mercedes e350 coupe - trans problems, service issues, lack of customer response, etc, first and last mercedes we will own, can't believe how positive reputation this car company has- people must just not want to admit over paying for such a lemon. i have talked to other owners so caught up in status symbol they over look product and service issues.

Anyways if anyone has an oem solution that would be great. My dealer suggested an after market solution but I already paid for this back in 2009. It worked great and they broke it and now they say "sorry we can't do anything".

Last edited by Eric 1988; 08-24-2015 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Typo errors
Old 08-24-2015, 01:03 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi georgec114,

We're happy to hear you're working with your dealership to have your headlight wire recall repairs completed. We would be happy to run your VIN for any open recalls associated with your VIN. Please PM us at your earliest convenience with your information and we can let you know what we see.

Thank you,

Jeff M
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Jeff, might as well ask if there is any more on the gas smell after filling the tank ???
Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Eric 1988
From delivery to 7500 miles sounded the same, not optimistic it will get better as time goes on. The mufflers did not change so the whole rumble sound i loved I think is changed through the new software. How it controls air flow and the dual mode exhaust.
It has nothing to do with the Software update or the way the dual mode exhaust works.
Yes, the software update did change airflow / lean out fuel mixture.
But that was to compensate for 4 Catalytic Converters instead of just the 2 it had before.
They Replaced the 2 Original ones and Added 2 more under the Tunnel.
As far as making it louder, it could be done by cutting open the bottom of the existing mufflers and remove some or all of the Baffling material.
Then weld the muffler closed.

Quick Reply: New Recall