C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires vs. RWHP/RWTQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by irok
an "engineer" that can't get his car out of the 13's is not much of an engineer.was your engineering "degree" in basket weaving?I can come out of the hole with 650rwhp and not spin a tire
Wow, you really missed the point. That's to be expected considering the source. I wouldn't listen to anyone who thought a GM hot cam was a good idea.....
Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Wow, you really missed the point. That's to be expected considering the source. I wouldn't listen to anyone who thought a GM hot cam was a good idea.....
that hot cam makes 740hp at the flywheel.maybe an "engineer" like yourself could learn something?
Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by irok
that hot cam makes 740hp at the flywheel.maybe an "engineer" like yourself could learn something?
The hot cam doesn't. The engine does; an engineer understands this.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 08-10-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Boosted_Z
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I'm an engineer as well, but this is CF, not my workplace, and I've been providing help on these forums for quite a few years now. I don't need some newbie telling me what I should or should not do here. Part of having "class" is knowing when to drop something, and not continue harping on it.
Well your not helping anymore. You clearly have issues. I removed all my posts and will be leaving this forum. You win. I can clearly state, all i wanted is to help, chat, and even offer free parts and help. Previously , I was a donating member. I am sorry but i am tired of the immature, big headed , talk on here. Last name had over 200 posts (Zryder07), gave handful of free stuff away, just to be crucified by the same douchebags on here. Clearly, these people speak on behalf of the forum as very few stand up against or want to acknowledge. Anyone with creativity, works with fiberglass, does anything non OEM, will be shunned. Suggest mods to remove me and posts as i will stir the pot with this huge spoon

Stereotypical of vette owners - entitled

I will stay with my SCCA friends. This forum is only good for the classifieds.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:38 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx

i can blow the tires off all the time if I want to at a light. And through 3rd on the onramp in my GS. Guess I have the wrong tires.
I clearly said it can be done intentionally. In you're previous post you said small spins in 2nd and 3rd. That's clearly not "blowing" the tires off. Let me say right now...I'm not getting involved in the pissing contest of a subject.

Last edited by saplumr; 08-10-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:28 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
I clearly said it can be done intentionally. In you're previous post you said small spins in 2nd and 3rd. That's clearly not "blowing" the tires off. Let me say right now...I'm not getting involved in the pissing contest of a subject.

I have nothing to do with their pissing match.
I was just stating that I don’t have traction through 3rd
even with the lower HP I’m still spinning. Isn’t tire spinning blowing off the tires. Even if it’s for 10 ft.
Now that I reread my earlier post yes it sound confusing.

But yes this thread did get more into personal attacks rather than answering the OP. Everyone’s a genius behind a keyboard lol.

OH. And for the record. I’m not an engineer. Lolol.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:04 PM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe that's were this went wrong. I started the thread for a little real world talk....hate to see anybody get worked up over it.

But I'm an Engineer also. Electrical Engineer that focuses on automation using DCS's/PLC's, and Unit's.

Not much help with "car stuff", but it does instill a set of thorough troubleshooting skills that can be applied to anything.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 PM
klwehunt
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like we need to move to the engineer's forum.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:17 AM
C6KWJ
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr

I’m going to have to agree. 450 is not enough power to blow the tires of unless you’re trying to.
unless he swapped gears

Quick Reply: Tires vs. RWHP/RWTQ