C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgating!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:55 AM
1cooldaddyo
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ssg10587
People are more aggressive towards me in the vette, especially others in faster cars. Passed someone the other day and they instantly sped up to ride my butt. I don't know why but more aggressive cars seem to make some people want to challenge you.

I don't think it's because you're in a corvette. I have the same thing happen whether I'm in my truck or my company minivan. My wife gets it in her Chrysler 300, my daughter in a 2012 Focus.
Holding you up at a light, getting in front then slowing down, speeding up when you pass...people are just 'holes for some reason.
It does seem like it's gotten worse lately though.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:52 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
No, I'd say the guy who went out of his way to tailgate me specifically was the person who instigated it. I just did what I could to get away from him. And when I did.....yep, here he comes to tailgate more. Wow, blaming the victim. Talk about oblivious.
There is only ONE slow lane. All the others are PASSING lanes. The rule is Keep Right Except To Pass. If you are "pacing" a car in the slow lane, that means the person behind that car in the slow lane will have to make a three lane maneuver to pass you BOTH. Not safe!

I think ******** who travel in a center lane while passing no one are actually worse than the ******** who block the far left lane.

In any event, most days I find it easier to pass in the far right lane. The entitled masses are already hogging all the passing lanes.

The "rule" seems to have changed into "Keep Left Except To Exit". BTW, best of luck to you if you've been cruising in the passing lane, I'm in the slow lane and you need to get over suddenly to exit.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

I get tailgated in my beater for displaying this
Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 AM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I guess I've been lucky. In the thirteen years between my C4 and my C6, I've only had a few occasions where I thought someone was trying to challenge me for a race, or felt like I was being targeted by a tailgater. But most of my driving is in rural Illinois and northeastern Georgia, so the drivers there might not be as crazy as they are in Texas and California. And on those rare occasions when something like that has happened, I just goosed the car and left my problems behind.

Steven
Old 01-20-2019, 04:10 PM
I B Old
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have only owned my c6 for about four months but seems like I am tailgated way more than in my Silverado daily driver. The majority of my driving is on two lane roads with max speed limit of 55. You can get by with 60 but not much more. My next project is a radar detector. Not so much of a problem on freeways. I thought my speedometer was off so I checked it with a gps and it’s spot on.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:01 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

It’s a lot easier to pass with 800 horsepower... just saying...
Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

If someone is tailgating me , I put my lights on for a few seconds and change lanes they think its my brake lights. I sometimes step on it to get away from them or slow down so they can pass me!

Last edited by enventr; 02-06-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Tailgating!