C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limp Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 11:46 AM
Ttonyy228
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp Gas Pedal

Hey Guys, this is my first post on here so bare with me...

I just picked up my first corvette a few months ago and haven't had any issues until yesterday.

After getting on the gas pedal a little hard (nothing crazy) it went limp and needed to pushed quite a bit to get any feedback. It's shifting fine and went way after tuning off and on again but then it came back again.

I've heard MAF, pedal itself, all kinds of things.... any one else have this and how was it fixed?

Car is a 2006 base auto.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2021, 11:54 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 659 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Ttonyy228
Hey Guys, this is my first post on here so bare with me...

I just picked up my first corvette a few months ago and haven't had any issues until yesterday.

After getting on the gas pedal a little hard (nothing crazy) it went limp and needed to pushed quite a bit to get any feedback. It's shifting fine and went way after tuning off and on again but then it came back again.

I've heard MAF, pedal itself, all kinds of things.... any one else have this and how was it fixed?

Car is a 2006 base auto.

Thanks in advance!
There's no feedback beyond the spring in the pedal assembly. Yours is broken, or the pivot pin is loose, or the floor mat is in the way... in other words, it's a mechanical problem at the pedal itself.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:23 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

The good news is a completely new throttle pedal assembly is about $90 and it takes about 15 minutes to install. That should fix your issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Limp Gas Pedal

Quick Reply: Limp Gas Pedal