C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Lights: C8-Style Carbide LED Headlights by GTR Lighting for your C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 01:12 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Received 548 Likes on 382 Posts
Default Vette Lights: C8-Style Carbide LED Headlights by GTR Lighting for your C6

If you're not a fan of the dated OEM headlights and you're not sold on our Morimoto C7-Style headlights, we have your solution to finally update and upgrade your headlights!

Announcing the latest headlight solution for our C6's, the GTR Carbide C8-Style headlights!

Check them out HERE!

Your C6 Corvette: Needs the new Carbide Bi-LED headlights from GTR Lighting. With their full LED Daytime Running Light, The sequential LED turn signal, and the high-output Bi-LED projector, all inspired by the modern look of the C8 Corvette headlights, not only are these the best way to modernize the style and performance on any C6 Vette, they’re a perfect replacement for the worn out original headlights that you know are killing the look of your car!

C8 Style: Inspired by the design of the new C8, the Daytime Running Light Pipe is powered by TIR optics on the rear side, and is extremely bright both day and night. When it turns on, a unique animated start-up sequence illuminates the DRL optics, which brings the car to life!

High Output: Going from 100 lux on the stock low beam HID system to 640 lux on these GTR Carbide low beams, get ready for a wicked wake up in output with 540% more usable output. GTR Lighting is renowned for producing the best and brightest LED upgrades in the automotive aftermarket, and the new series of Carbide LED headlights are no different! The GTR C6 headlights come equipped with a powerful Bi-LED projector that produces a very wide, very bright, and well distributed beam pattern for excellent visibility in both low and high beam modes. There are no replaceable bulbs to deal with (or worry about!) here.

Sequential: The upper DRL strip does double-duty as a switchback Amber LED Turn signal, that runs sequentially up the strip as the turn signal cycles. Like the Daytime Running Light, it is plenty bright.

DOT Compliant: Make no mistake, these will produce a much different [better] result than slapping some LED replacement bulbs into your stock housings. Their projector optics meet & exceed all SAE, DOT, and FMVSS108 regulations when aimed properly…and that’s easy to do with their integrated vertical/lateral adjusters.

Housing: GTR Lighting spared no detail in the design of the new Carbide headlights. The interior trim is a combination of matte and gloss black, and is also very similarly styled to the C8 headlights down to the eye-lid that covers the Bi-LED projector. To keep the headlights looking like-new forever, unlike the OEM assemblies, the polycarbonate lenses have been treated with a UV-resistant coating.

Easy Installation: The GTR Lighting LED headlights have been engineered to be completely plug & play in place of the original equipment Corvette headlights. There are no modifications required to wire them for full functionality, and all mounting points, trim, etc are guaranteed to line up identically to the original equipment.

Tech Specs -
  • INTENSITY: 3,000lm (raw; each)
  • TRAFFIC PATTERN: LHD Only
  • INPUT: GM Multi-Pin OEM
  • FUNCTIONS: DRL (White), Sequential LED Turn, Parking, Low, High
  • BEZEL COLOR: Gloss / Matte Black
  • SIDE MARKER: Smoked
  • MATERIAL: ABS Plastic (Housing), UV-Resistant Polycarbonate (Lens)
  • OPTIC: High Output GTR Bi-LED
Compatibility –
  • Corvette: Corvette C6 (05-13)
  • Trim: All Levels
  • Wiring: Plug and Play
What's Included -
  • LED Headlights: 2x (One Pair) GTR Lighting Corvette C6 Carbide LED Headlights
  • Wiring: Plug & Play Harness
  • Warranty: 2 Years

Cole Manzelli
Cole@Vette-Lights.com
(405) 209-5328

Vette-Lights.com
"FORUM10" - 10% Off Almost All Upgrades

Last edited by VetteLights; 09-22-2021 at 01:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by VetteLights:
BuckeyeRay (10-11-2023), Qshiplover (05-03-2022)

Popular Reply

11-24-2021, 02:42 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Installed!

Plug and play as advertised. DRL harness was easy to route. Slight height adjustments on both sides to line up with stock beam pattern, but otherwise no issues. Gaskets lined up nicely. Hard to find fault with the fit and finish. Solid construction and worked as advertised. Debated going with body color, but liking the contrast from the black.

Perfect match with Morimoto fogs

This finishes my transition to all LED lighting - inside and out.

CRM ghosted side markers

Morimoto tails. Can't see but I have the bright LED backups installed as well.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:47 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

I love these. I think they fit the lines of the C6 better than the C7-style lights. How would you say build quality compares to that of the Morimoto units?
The following 2 users liked this post by BluegrassMotorsport:
NBVette_Canada (09-22-2021), rajahhindi (10-01-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 02:56 PM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

Received 802 Likes on 402 Posts

Those are sweet. A little pricey, but sweet nonetheless.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:59 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BluegrassMotorsport
I love these. I think they fit the lines of the C6 better than the C7-style lights. How would you say build quality compares to that of the Morimoto units?
Honestly They feel rock solid. As soon as the main shipment arrives, a set is going on my personal C6. We have a set here that we have been playing with and comparing, they are just a hair brighter than the morimoto but they look to have a bit more optimized distribution making more of that output usable on the road.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:01 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,998 Likes on 4,333 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Based on the pics these appear to use OEM-style gasket. I realize this is probably just a test vehicle but the fitment looks off with a large gap between the bottom of the headlight and the fascia. Will be interested to see how they fit in real life.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:05 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JABCAT
Based on the pics these appear to use OEM-style gasket. I realize this is probably just a test vehicle but the fitment looks off with a large gap between the bottom of the headlight and the fascia. Will be interested to see how they fit in real life.
They do use an OE gasket.
Fitment should be identical to stock as the exterior was molded from an OE unit. I agree the video shows some gap but they just dropped the headlights in for a few hours then removed them, they were not fine-tuned for a proper fit.
The following users liked this post:
JABCAT (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 03:15 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,998 Likes on 4,333 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

If you need a rolling advert vehicle in the DFW area…
The following 2 users liked this post by JABCAT:
Diamonddave60 (11-21-2021), VetteLights (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 03:30 PM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
If you need a rolling advert vehicle in the DFW area…
I'd volunteer for the Eastern Canadian demo unit as well
VetteLights (09-22-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Are there any installed pictures where the lights are off? Would really like to see those. Thanks Cole!
Old 09-23-2021, 09:40 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Are there any installed pictures where the lights are off? Would really like to see those. Thanks Cole!
Literally only one pic of that specific scenario!
Attached Images  
Frankie15 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 09:41 AM
MKR_DmD
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Are the headlights replaceable or do they have to mailed back to the manufacturer if they burn out? Only a two year warranty
Old 09-23-2021, 09:43 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MKR_DmD
Are the headlights replaceable or do they have to mailed back to the manufacturer if they burn out? Only a two year warranty
They are sealed assemblies with replaceable drivers and computers (accessed form the bottom of the headlight similarly to the HID ballast on an OEM set). Usually if anything were to go wrong, it would be housed in one of those components opposed to an actual diode issue in the projector.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:02 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Thanks Cole! Do you adjust the beam the same way as the Morimotos? Using the flap behind the headlight?
Old 09-23-2021, 10:28 AM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Cole! Do you adjust the beam the same way as the Morimotos? Using the flap behind the headlight?
Yes sir! Almost identical adjuster placement. This is Morimoto on the left and GTR on the right.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by VetteLights:
Frankie15 (09-23-2021), Qshiplover (05-03-2022)
Old 09-23-2021, 12:51 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 583 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Nice lights, you should sell a lot of these. What exactly does "carbide" mean in this case?
Old 09-23-2021, 02:31 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Nice lights, you should sell a lot of these. What exactly does "carbide" mean in this case?
Carbide is the model of headlight from GTR, similarly to XB being the model from Morimoto on the c7-style sets.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:58 PM
Colonel
Drifting

Received 281 Likes on 189 Posts

I was on the fence about buying these or the C7 style Morimotos until I noticed that the warranty is only 2 years compared to 5 for the Morimotos. I recognize that this is clearly stated but I thought I might point that in case anyone misses that.

Also, I like the looks of the C7s better when they are turned off. Kindof a tossup when they are on....the C8s have just a touch of a she-devil look to them to me....like a women's scorn.....too scary for me! LOL!

S0, I ordered the C7s.
joec (09-24-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Lights: C8-Style Carbide LED Headlights by GTR Lighting for your C6

Old 09-23-2021, 04:28 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Colonel
I was on the fence about buying these or the C7 style Morimotos until I noticed that the warranty is only 2 years compared to 5 for the Morimotos. I recognize that this is clearly stated but I thought I might point that in case anyone misses that.

Also, I like the looks of the C7s better when they are turned off. Kindof a tossup when they are on....the C8s have just a touch of a she-devil look to them to me....like a women's scorn.....too scary for me! LOL!

S0, I ordered the C7s.
​​​​​​
I agree that the C7 lights look better (IMO) when the lights are off. That's why I really wanted a pic with the lights off. I think they both look great when the lights are on, but I think I'll give the slight edge to the C8 lights when on. Both look great.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:57 PM
fyrdsgn
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Gorgeous lights... $1,500+ for a set (uninstalled). 2 year warranty... that's $750+/year ownership fee and the huge hassle of swapping them out every time.

"Corvette tax" at it's best. It makes me sad.

Oh, but my wife's 370Z gets Morimotos for $300.00

Last edited by fyrdsgn; 09-23-2021 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added a link
The following 3 users liked this post by fyrdsgn:
06slvr (03-24-2022), 11BtoPA (05-12-2022), redcon360 (12-14-2022)
Old 09-23-2021, 10:33 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

​​​​​​
I agree that the C7 lights look better (IMO) when the lights are off. That's why I really wanted a pic with the lights off. I think they both look great when the lights are on, but I think I'll give the slight edge to the C8 lights when on. Both look great.
Interestingly enough, we have a poll open on this right now and its currently sitting at 57% for the C8-style and 43% for the C7-style. Agreed it's a wickedly hard toss-up!

Originally Posted by fyrdsgn
Gorgeous lights... $1,500+ for a set (uninstalled). 2 year warranty... that's $750+/year ownership fee and the huge hassle of swapping them out every time.
"Corvette tax" at it's best. It makes me sad.
Oh, but my wife's 370Z gets Morimotos for $300.00
https://www.z1motorsports.com/all-bl...RoCD-IQAvD_BwE
Your link is actually for a set of just lenses - the Morimoto headlights for a 370Z are $1380 (and will be going up $1460+ in a couple of weeks).
One upside of these GTR headlights is that they have a replaceable driver and computer (the two most likely components to have an issue) making future maintenance much easier than having to swap out an entire housing if an issue were to ever arise. From checking out our shop set, they truly feel pretty rock solid and have performed amazingly with our in-shop testing!

Quick Reply: Vette Lights: C8-Style Carbide LED Headlights by GTR Lighting for your C6