Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPER1
I'm waiting for my second one. When my four post lift is all the way down, no problem. I was helping a buddy on an oil change and lowered his car to take it off the lift and accidently left it raised about a half inch, never noticed it was not all the way down. Later that night I went to put my Z back on it and heard the harsh painfull sound of my $800 splitter being ripped off my frontend. I am going to good size car show in the next few days..Now I can't find anyone who has one in stock..looks to be a few weeks before they are available. I've got the carbon fiber all the way around, but have become really apprehensive about dropping another $800...especially since the other was on less than a month.. ouch. The only company that thought they may have had one checked while I was on the phone. He said he just sold his last one to a guy with a ZR1 who was on his fourth replacement. Maybe time to re-think. The OEM on my Z is looking not so bad after all. When I had it on I was much more apprehensive in my driving and I am a very mild driver. Still nervous over bumps etc..We will see.
It's not the car in the avatar. I am finishing my newest Z and will have a new pic posted this week.
I have a carbonfibre front spoiler sitting in my garage, bought it new and never used it because the one on my car is painted and I didn't think the carbonfibre would look better than what I already had.
I will sell the new Carbon Fibre front spoiler for $800.00 plus shipping if you need one immediately.
I never regret putting it on my car and never had any issues with it nor did I had to change my driving habits.

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDItMjAxMDA0MDQtMTA1N.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  17.1 KB
Name:  wing3.jpg
Views: 2395
Size:  59.3 KB
Name:  wing5.jpg
Views: 2419
Size:  100.9 KB

Last edited by TRINIC5; 02-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive had my Carbon splitter for 16 months now and my car is slammed... Ive always had really low cars so i know how to drive a lowered the car the right way most people just drive it like any other car. You have to take curves at an angle and know which place to avoid. Malls and things with huge speedbumps etc.

R.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kneel 8250
I need to talk to Jason and order one also. I want the side skirts as well. You are indicating that production and delivery is around 4 to 6 weeks. I think there is still at least one other person in the market for the Katech splitter and side skirts.

Have a great day.

Kneel.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything about Katech's delivery. I'm out of town and don't get back until sometime around the end of March. Hopefully, all the parts will be waiting for me by then.

Jim
Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Kneel 8250
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything about Katech's delivery. I'm out of town and don't get back until sometime around the end of March. Hopefully, all the parts will be waiting for me by then.

Jim
End of March suits me ideally. Katech gear works and is tested with published results. 4 to 6 weeks delivery from order is fine by me.

Once Jason knows there is confirmed orders he can progress or increase the order size.
Have a great day.
Kneel.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
FastZ06Eh?
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have RPI's cf splitter, and I put the brace on as well. Love it, and although I had an 'incident' (hit a raised manhole cover in a construction zone) I will be replacing it with another.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Got my front splitter and side skirts (painted fiberglass) from West Coast Corvettes. Not sure who manufactures these for them. Love the look but yeh, definitely have to be a bit more careful now.

Did not know about a front reinforcement piece. Who sells that?

I assume those caster wheel things I've seen advertised aren't worth it. Seems to me they might cause even more damage.

Curiously, my splitter seems to be a bit lower than a stock 2009 ZR-1.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

anyone putting a painted splitter on should put clear film on it as soon as possible....mine is peppered with chips....have to remove it to repaint and then film goes on....same applies to the very front edge of the side skirts [ by the front wheels ] and the rear gurney flaps at the rear of the side skirts...mine are totally hammered there....the side skirts [ except for the front edge] are fine.....

have had them on for about 5k miles and have never scraped the splitter...many times i thought i would but it never happened

the look with the splitter/skirts is awesome!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
morris
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Katech has the reinforcement
Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 AM
v8maro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
There are manufactures out there that make a ZR1 type splitter out of the same material as the stock one
more info on this please....PLEASE lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
MaximumPwr
Instructor

I believe Apsis has the ABS Plastic splitter and skirts. Cheaper and looks good. More durable too.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
KLRBEE2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwmgr8
I added a VY painted ZR1 type front splitter- I had to add 3m clear paint protection to keep the paint from chipping off. Then I hit a piece of tire in the road and cracked the splitter. I just finished adding a CF front splitter and side rails. I'm nervous, but like the looks- if I have trouble with this I'll go back to OE. I would never add a painted version unless the car is black- paint chips might not show- in VY it looked terrible after only a few miles.
Any pics?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Not been installed long, but no regrets on my 2011 GS.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
1.8t
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to entertain the option of a front splitter, but IMO if you do the splitter you must do the side skirts as it "completes" the look. I am running APSIS splash guards though and I refuse to remove them to run a side skirt .
Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM
jlavettez06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I regret I did not install it sooner I just wanted until the prices came down some, I installed a CF splitter on my black z and so good. Very happy.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Alfreds Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Evilness
Ive had my Carbon splitter for 16 months now and my car is slammed... Ive always had really low cars so i know how to drive a lowered the car the right way most people just drive it like any other car. You have to take curves at an angle and know which place to avoid. Malls and things with huge speedbumps etc.

R.
If you have been around/owned lowered cars in the past, you should be OK. I've had my RPI splitter/sideskirts for about 8months now and no repairs. Once I get enough rock chips in there then I will probably get it repainted. No regrets
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 407 Likes on 301 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
any pics with stock zo6 air dam with zr1 side skirts?

Not the best picture since it is black.

these are are side skirts w/o the front splitter..

Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriotZ
Wow...they look good.......but Hell,, I have already trashed my stock one.....
Same here. I love the ZR1 splitter, but even with my front installed camera, it would just be a matter of time before some speed bump or stupid incident took it out.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??

Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 AM
vvlf
Pro

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Not the best picture since it is black.

these are are side skirts w/o the front splitter..

This is the EXACT example I'm looking for ! Any chance you have any more pics. I'm trying to get an idea of the height comparison or how low the stock Z06 splitter is in comparison to the ZR1 side skirts that are added on

Thanks for any help / pics you can provide !
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
dbs1vette
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Well if any of you guys have a stock Z06 splitter you want to send to a good home just pm me and I will help clean out the garage at a fair price. Thx.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I finally took the time to raise the front of my 2010 GS a bit using the stock adjustment bolts. I don't scrape the front ZR1 style splitter hardly at all anymore. Wish I had done that immediately after adding the supercharger. Would have saved me some grief.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone regret adding a ZR1 front splitter??