Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C7 Carbon Spoiler fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
bweaver
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C7 Carbon Spoiler fit

Has anyone bought C7Carbons rear spoiler? Wondering how it fit? Don't want to have to do any trimming etc.

http://www.c7carbon.com/corvette-zr1...on-fiber-p-471
Attached Images   
Old 11-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

I will tell you first hand that if you're a perfectionist you will be disappointed..

After doing some research I now understand why some vendors do not offer spoilers, or charge outrageous prices for them.

To do it correctly, I believe you have to use a 3 piece mold.

The most common issue with the C7 Carbon spoiler is small gaps between the rear deck and the left and right leading edge sections. The middle and the ends are usually flush, as well as the back (so from the rear of the car, they look great).

And no, you can't "sand out" the gaps I am referring to.

Good luck.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 11-04-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:19 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
I will tell you first hand that if you're a perfectionist you will be disappointed..

After doing some research I now understand why some vendors do not offer spoilers, or charge outrageous prices for them.

To do it correctly, I believe you have to use a 3 piece mold.

The most common issue with the C7 Carbon spoiler is small gaps between the rear deck and the left and right leading edge sections. The middle and the ends are usually flush, as well as the back (so from the rear of the car, they look great).

And no, you can't "sand out" the gaps I am referring to.

Good luck.

THIS!!

here is mine wasnt so bad, all in all i loved how it looked. i have one on order for my GS
Attached Images    
Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Fits like crap & looks it too. My friend has it on his CG C6. You can see the weave through the paint (They painted it) & there are gaps between the spoiler & the body. Their parts are Chinese made so not surprised. Go elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

It took a little time, but it can be made to fit good. I have it. For the price it is pretty good. Hit me up if you would like to see first hand what it looks like.

Last edited by Buddy A; 11-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont have the C7 peice but i have the Katech extended spoiler and it fits great. But thats also kinda like comparing a mustang to a corvette. I paid over a grand though and im a firm believer of you get what you pay for.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:08 PM
C7 Carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 193 Posts

We strive to build the best products possible and appreciate everyone's feedback. We are currently upgrading our molds for all of our spoilers and will have our new revised units online in about 3 to 4 weeks. All of our new molds are 3 part molds that are reinforced to ensure tighter fitment.

We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you aren't happy with any of our products.

Let us know how we can help

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Carbon Spoiler fit

Quick Reply: [Z06] C7 Carbon Spoiler fit