C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
MarkDFW
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
If you are going to do a Procharger system.. Talk to Taylor @ dallas performance..their Kits are great..

If you want to make 500 rwhp.. any of the kits will do it for you and at that power level the PD blowers would " be more fun" because of more Tq off idle and low end.... but most races happen at over 4500 rpm and in that area the Centri blowers win.

I am having the stage 1 put on my 2012 GS soon. That kit does not have a blower, but will use a blower cam so I'm ready if/when I add a blower.

I have talked with Taylor at Dallas Performance and while he agrees it is a personal preference, he and most people favor a centri vs. PD on our cars for a few reasons such as weight (our cars are much lighter than most and don't need as much boost down low to get going), cost (generally cheaper than PD), and pulling a bigger number (centri acts more like a turbo and can get you a higher HP number).

FYI Taylor at Dallas Performance is considered by one of the best tuners in the country, and he pulls bigger numbers with ProCharger than any other system. This link shows you all the systems they have and what the max HP is:

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml
Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Personally I think ProCharger is tough to beat. Mine's been on for 6+ years and the single problem I had years ago was rectified pronto. People talk about customer support...well ATI has that covered!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:31 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

Originally Posted by captainbob
Sounds like you have a nice set up.. I'm assuming your going to cage the car?? You be running I'm guessing 10's anyays.. Curious about your cage??
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=200 (they make a bolt-in 4 point for a C6)

This is the one that I'm considering and think certain that it will pass tech @ the local IHRA Track.

Before buying a Procharger I suggest that a person speaks to someone who's not selling them.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...s-raceway.html

Then ask yourself: Why is this kit $1500.00 more than a A&A?

Last edited by txvettefan; 04-15-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by txvettefan;1580563647Before buying a Procharger I suggest that a person speaks to someone who's not selling them.

[url
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/c6-f...s-raceway.html[/url]

Then ask yourself: Why is this kit $1500.00 more than a A&A?
So basically what you're saying is....talk to someone who can bash a ProCharger then say how great the kit is that person sells? Not sure where the logic is.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MarkDFW

I am having the stage 1 put on my 2012 GS soon. That kit does not have a blower, but will use a blower cam so I'm ready if/when I add a blower.

I have talked with Taylor at Dallas Performance and while he agrees it is a personal preference, he and most people favor a centri vs. PD on our cars for a few reasons such as weight (our cars are much lighter than most and don't need as much boost down low to get going), cost (generally cheaper than PD), and pulling a bigger number (centri acts more like a turbo and can get you a higher HP number).

FYI Taylor at Dallas Performance is considered by one of the best tuners in the country, and he pulls bigger numbers with ProCharger than any other system. This link shows you all the systems they have and what the max HP is:

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml
Originally Posted by saplumr
Personally I think ProCharger is tough to beat. Mine's been on for 6+ years and the single problem I had years ago was rectified pronto. People talk about customer support...well ATI has that covered!
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
If you are going to do a Procharger system.. Talk to Taylor @ dallas performance..their Kits are great..

If you want to make 500 rwhp.. any of the kits will do it for you and at that power level the PD blowers would " be more fun" because of more Tq off idle and low end.... but most races happen at over 4500 rpm and in that area the Centri blowers win.
^^^All of the above + Procharger has the best headunit selection on the market, that's a very big deal imho...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

So basically what you're saying is....talk to someone who can bash a ProCharger then say how great the kit is that person sells? Not sure where the logic is.
I don't sell A&A kits and when doing my research prior to purchasing an A&A. It became clear to to me that Prochargers have a high seal failure rate around 15K miles. In addition, it is common for Procharger owners to UPGRADE to A&A bracket/pulley technology.

The purchasing decision finally came down to Edelbrock or A&A, and choose the A&A kit $5325 delivered!

I then performed my own installation and the tune was then performed by a local shop. Boost upgrades on the A&A are relatively inexpensive compared to other Centrifugal Kits.

I am now @ 10#'s boost w/Alky Control meth kit and total investment is less than $7K.

Last edited by txvettefan; 04-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
You should take a CLOSE look at the A&A system vs Procharger. Intercooler design , bracketry, aesthetics. We have it all.
600 RWHP is easy with our system.

I'm pretty sure "superior" is nothing more than a state of mine or what some individual has.
Originally Posted by Mr.Big
^^^All of the above + Procharger has the best headunit selection on the market, that's a very big deal imho...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

Perhaps these Procharger owners must have it all wrong?

Thread Titled: Leaky Procharger
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...rocharger.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadorja
Just a little update. My belt has been riding the front edge of the tensioner pulley so I went ahead and ordered the upgraded tensioner from procharger and I will be taking it in next week to get it aligned at a shop. Once I get that done I'm draining the procharger and resealing the drain plug and checking the old O-ring and seals. If I still have oil I'll probably have to send her in to get checked out. It was overfilled and I drained it to about 3/4 on the dipstick so hopefully it was just that and a small leak on the drain plug.

I would call procharger regarding this. I too did the same thing and STILL had the squeek issues, there's a thread on it in here. Another member stated that they to had done the upgrade with the same results. They stated that when they called procharger he was told that he should have also ordered another spacer kit that goes with the tensioner upgrade....like we should have known that. I said enough is enough and went out and bought the A&A upgraded brackets....I'm not looking back. Just food for thought.

- Travis
Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I've had a Vortech SQ I couldn't junk fast enough. Moral is junk comes in all forms.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 PM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

I've had a Vortech SQ I couldn't junk fast enough. Moral is junk comes in all forms.
Hey guys, look.. Andy at AA will be the first to tell you that he uses the same head units. If your going w/ a centri I would personally choose
AA. Andy has so much experience, and is so cool as far as explaining everything you need to know. I don't own a centri but if I did.. AA is the way to go. I have raced, and built many many engines. I prefer PD blowers, however they are limited if you want to use meth. If you want to chase HP you will never end. I've run 1000hp. It just depend what you want?? PD low end torque, centri upper end HP.. do you track your car? If you run under 11.5 plan on spending $$ to cage your car. Do you want a roll bar?? I don't in my vette.

If you want to use your power at the track consider the options.. If you just want a bad *** street machine add a small torque converter to your blower.. I had to cancel my converter because it was going to force me to cage my car.. I have cage one car that takes allot of the street out of the car.. IMHO
Old 04-15-2012, 11:03 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by captainbob
Hey guys, look.. Andy at AA will be the first to tell you that he uses the same head units. If your going w/ a centri I would personally choose
AA. Andy has so much experience, and is so cool as far as explaining everything you need to know.
I didn't want to say anything negative about Vortech (and it certainly was not about A&A) but I felt it necessary to say we can all can have negative experiences. It gets a little old when people who've never had a particular product speak about quality issues. Mine are real world experiences....not hear say.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

I didn't want to say anything negative about Vortech (and it certainly was not about A&A) but I felt it necessary to say we can all can have negative experiences. It gets a little old when people who've never had a particular product speak about quality issues. Mine are real world experiences....not hear say.
Exactly, and same goes for those that haven't flogged both blower kits hard. I have. The only one I haven't is a procharged vette, but I have driven their mustang kits quite a bit years ago.

ECS has my vote on the blower debate, but again, to each their own.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 AM
captainbob
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

I've run a pro charger.. I prefer PD, I love my eforce..

Last edited by captainbob; 04-16-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by txvettefan
Perhaps these Procharger owners must have it all wrong?

Thread Titled: Leaky Procharger
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...rocharger.html

Quote:
Just a little update. My belt has been riding the front edge of the tensioner pulley so I went ahead and ordered the upgraded tensioner from procharger and I will be taking it in next week to get it aligned at a shop. Once I get that done I'm draining the procharger and resealing the drain plug and checking the old O-ring and seals. If I still have oil I'll probably have to send her in to get checked out. It was overfilled and I drained it to about 3/4 on the dipstick so hopefully it was just that and a small leak on the drain plug.

I would call procharger regarding this. I too did the same thing and STILL had the squeek issues, there's a thread on it in here. Another member stated that they to had done the upgrade with the same results. They stated that when they called procharger he was told that he should have also ordered another spacer kit that goes with the tensioner upgrade....like we should have known that. I said enough is enough and went out and bought the A&A upgraded brackets....I'm not looking back. Just food for thought.

- Travis
ATI can't control installers that don't properly align the blower and pulley system.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 PM
txvettefan
Instructor

This thread has been a blast..........engaged people will from time to time disagree.

Detoxx03,

We need to get together in SA @ the track "PROCHARGER 9psi w/ cam & headers 6 speed vs A&A 10 psi w/meth LS7 exhaust A6-Stalled!!!!"Louisiana vs Texas................................... Winner buys the beer!!!!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope I didn't needle too hard.

Best Regards,

Last edited by txvettefan; 04-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Kadorja
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ATI can't control installers that don't properly align the blower and pulley system.
Their tensioners do have a tendency to get thrown off alignment. There's definitely a gap at the top of the tensioner that isn't there at the bottom. Not sure if it's the tensioner itself or the install but I've seen a lot of issues with the tensioner and bracket in general.

Don't get me wrong though I love my Procharger I'm just a little annoyed that I can't really get into boost that much... or the fact that my belt can fall off the tensioner at pretty much any time.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Their tensioners do have a tendency to get thrown off alignment. There's definitely a gap at the top of the tensioner that isn't there at the bottom. Not sure if it's the tensioner itself or the install but I've seen a lot of issues with the tensioner and bracket in general.

Don't get me wrong though I love my Procharger I'm just a little annoyed that I can't really get into boost that much... or the fact that my belt can fall off the tensioner at pretty much any time.
It can take a laser alignment to get it all perfect.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER

Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12,000 miles on my A&A kit making 677rwhp and 600rwtq and it runs like the day it was installed. Just change the oil in the head unit every 7,500 miles or so. Absolutely zero issues so far.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
shootincyclone
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Personally I'm running a P1SC-1 and it's fun on the street....I can stomp on it and get traction until the top end of 1st and 2nd.....
That much lag to where you arent churning and burning rubber until top RPMs? I had a lot of fun in my LS3 before putting on the blower doing just that
Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by txvettefan
This thread has been a blast..........engaged people will from time to time disagree.

Detoxx03,

We need to get together in SA @ the track "PROCHARGER 9psi w/ cam & headers 6 speed vs A&A 10 psi w/meth LS7 exhaust A6-Stalled!!!!"Louisiana vs Texas................................... Winner buys the beer!!!!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope I didn't needle too hard.

Best Regards,
Next time I'm in Mercedes or San Antonio that is fine with me. Oh you will have to get your facts straight first though. I don't have headers (yet) and its on 7psi.

Quick Reply: E-Force Supercharger vs. PRO CHARGER