C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 2006 C6 3.42 diff bolt up to 2005 A4 C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 2006 C6 3.42 diff bolt up to 2005 A4 C6

I could get 1 but need to know compatibility before droping dough$ thank you for any help... I have the crappy 2.73's now this would be a huge upgrade

edit: What would my new gear ratio be w/3.42's on my A4 trans? ie..1st gear=? 2nd gear=? 3rd gear=? 4th gear=?

Last edited by thericker; 11-23-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:25 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by thericker
Will 2006 C6 3.42 diff bolt up to 2005 A4 C6
I don't think it will, I would say no.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:45 AM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I don't think it will, I would say no.
Thanks for the response but....Any reasons why not? do you have past experience? or are you just assuming because of the span in part years 05-06 not making a compatibility?

I'm not trying to argue just trying to figure this out thank you
Old 11-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the response but....Any reasons why not? do you have past experience? or are you just assuming because of the span in part years 05-06 not making a compatibility?

I'm not trying to argue just trying to figure this out thank you
Due to problems with diff failures in '05, GM beefed up the '06 diff. I have read here that the '06 diff will not bolt up to the '05 tranny and the bolt pattern to mount it to the sub frame is also different. To get all the facts give DTE a call, they are a forum vendor and they specialize in the rear diffs.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:29 PM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys, I pm'd CoW & he basically said the same! damn I knew it was to good to be true....
Old 11-24-2006, 04:09 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 392 Likes on 246 Posts

Thanks guys, I pm'd CoW & he basically said the same! damn I knew it was to good to be true....
What about a shorter gear set for your existing pumpkin?
Old 11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NORTY
What about a shorter gear set for your existing pumpkin?
They can't do that on the basaic 2.73, I was told by various tuners the 2.73 housing isn't large enough/strong enough for gear changes..

Oh well I guess this is a sign I'll be ordering 3.90's from CoW
Old 11-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...Oh well I guess this is a sign I'll be ordering 3.90's from CoW
Old 11-24-2006, 05:57 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They can't do that on the basaic 2.73, I was told by various tuners the 2.73 housing isn't large enough/strong enough for gear changes..
Yes they can...

We've been building 2-series differential conversions for nearly 4 years now with outstanding success in product durability and performance. We were the first to perfect the process and we use many of our own internal components we've engineered in-house to build these differentials and many on this board are using them on the track to this very day with success. Those tuners (or anyone else for that matter) that claim that 2-series differential conversions can't be built durably, don't have the knowledge to do it themselves or haven't perfected the processes to do so- as we've been proving everyone wrong for years now in building them durably, even though many still say it can't be done....

Give us a call if you wish your 2-series differential to be converted to accept any gear ratio of your choice...reliably and durably. We've been there, done that *MANY* years over now...
Old 11-24-2006, 08:10 PM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Default You've got mail!!

Originally Posted by DynoTech Engineering
Yes they can...

We've been building 2-series differential conversions for nearly 4 years now with outstanding success in product durability and performance. We were the first to perfect the process and we use many of our own internal components we've engineered in-house to build these differentials and many on this board are using them on the track to this very day with success. Those tuners (or anyone else for that matter) that claim that 2-series differential conversions can't be built durably, don't have the knowledge to do it themselves or haven't perfected the processes to do so- as we've been proving everyone wrong for years now in building them durably, even though many still say it can't be done....

Give us a call if you wish your 2-series differential to be converted to accept any gear ratio of your choice...reliably and durably. We've been there, done that *MANY* years over now...
Just emailed you at your website
Old 11-24-2006, 08:54 PM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is our most current 2005 C6 Corvette Differential menu option/price list for the model you seek.
http://www.dynotech-eng.com/dte_c6_diff.htm

Read through the item modification list closely and you'll find that we offer many high performance/heavy duty build features that we include as standard that others charge extra for as an option and/or include exclusive build preparation/blueprinting techniques that we've pioneered that add to overall differential strength that others simply do not do at all! Give us a call if you have any further questions and have a great Holiday weekend!
Old 11-24-2006, 09:13 PM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

Here is our most current 2005 C6 Corvette Differential menu option/price list for the model you seek.
http://www.dynotech-eng.com/dte_c6_diff.htm

Read through the item modification list closely and you'll find that we offer many high performance/heavy duty build features that we include as standard that others charge extra for as an option and/or include exclusive build preparation/blueprinting techniques that we've pioneered that add to overall differential strength that others simply do not do at all! Give us a call if you have any further questions and have a great Holiday weekend!
You have a good holiday weekend as well ...I have a few questions on my core etc..I'll call you on Monday thanks again
Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes they can...
Just curious what kind of sixty foots/ETs have been run on those regeared 2 series carriers, how much power etc have they held up to?

Get notified of new replies

To Will 2006 C6 3.42 diff bolt up to 2005 A4 C6

Quick Reply: Will 2006 C6 3.42 diff bolt up to 2005 A4 C6