C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on these brake and suspens- MODS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Ron West
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on these brake and suspens- MODS

Hey Guys

Just wantes to get your opinions on these MODS:
I have an 06 with standard non Z51.

I was thinking of getting the PFADT Sway bars. Some reviews said that's all you'll need that a shock upgrade was not needed.

I'm also trying to decide between the Z06 brake kit or just getting a Wilwood front only. Still deciding on Fiske or Z07 style wheels.

THX
Ron
Old 03-01-2007, 04:58 AM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

What are your plans for the car? Will you track the car, run autocross (in what class), or drag race? Each has different requirements. As you are asking about swaybars and brakes (and shocks) you must be thinking of HPDE track or autox events. I went with the C6 Z06 swaybars and shocks on my base C6 as the price is really right but for autox you need to be aware of the rules for the class you intend to run.

With more information you'll get better advice from many on the CF. If you don't plan to run the car then save your money and buy wax.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:52 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

FWIW, My C6 has Z06 brakes, Z51 sways and F55. Very, very satisfied with the car. Handles great, not that expensive. Street driven almost daily. Corners flat and fast. I've seen 1.06g on the Hud.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron West
Hey Guys

I'm also trying to decide between the Z06 brake kit or just getting a Wilwood front only. Still deciding on Fiske or Z07 style wheels.

THX
Ron
If your Going to a BBK, Get the Wilwoods or StopTechs, However, believe it or not the stock PBR C5 & C6 caliper with DOT 4 brake fluid and race pads stops better then most BBKS, They just dont look as cool.

For wheels go with Fiske or CCW wheels.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Ron West
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod
FWIW, My C6 has Z06 brakes, Z51 sways and F55. Very, very satisfied with the car. Handles great, not that expensive. Street driven almost daily. Corners flat and fast. I've seen 1.06g on the Hud.
Yeah, I'm not going to track the car. This is simply for my own satifation of street driving. I don't want the caar to ride horribly and handle great. I want to have the happy medium. Right now, it's a bit sloppy in the turns with the base stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on these brake and suspens- MODS

Quick Reply: Opinions on these brake and suspens- MODS