C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory seat problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Memory seat problem.

I have a 2006 C6 A6 with the memory seat. About a year ago, my memory seat would move back for the exit setup however would not go forward back to the driver 1 position, took it to the dealer and they uploaded a new firmware and everything was fine.

Now a year later, the same problem is happening again. took the car to the dealer and they uploaded the latest firmware upgrade however this time, it did not fix the problem. It only happens sometimes however when it does happen then it will screw up for 3+ per day and then the next day everything is working fine again.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix this? My warranty will only last for about 6 more months and would like to have this problem solved before it goes out of warranty. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by csun213
Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix this? My warranty will only last for about 6 more months and would like to have this problem solved before it goes out of warranty. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Get your warranty! This will happen again.
A few things to try:

Use fob #2 for a while, program the memory for it.

Sometimes the seats need to be re-indexed. Using all the electric seat controls, manually go to the extreme ends of all the ranges of motion. Then re-memorize your settings.

Sometimes disconnecting the battery ground for 10 minutes or more solves the issue....for the time being.

This car can dangerous without a warranty!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it continues you should take it back to the dealer. You don't want it to not work at all.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by danl72
If it continues you should take it back to the dealer. You don't want it to not work at all.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

I experienced the same problem about 6 months ago. The first couple of times it happened I assumed it was just another software glitch (I've seen several in this car) but when it happened twice in a row I figured it might be a hardware problem. I wiggled the connectors under the seat and pushed each wire in. It has not happened again.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

About a year or so ago I experienced something similar...the seat went to the exit position just fine but sometimes, it didn't go forward into the driving position (the steering wheel and side mirrors adjusted just fine). This only happened infrequently and only for a couple of weeks.

I agree with Hoonose in so far as trying to clear all existing memory settings and re-indexing.

About the C6 being dangerous without a warranty Perhaps so if your car has problems. Like any insurance it's only good when you need it. For me, I haven't needed it. My car has been virtually fault-free since I bought it three years ago.

My seat 'problem'...it just went away. I haven't had that problem in over a year now. Good luck...I hope hosing your memory and re-indexing helps.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes I'll have an issue where I can sometimes get in and hit 1 and it will do everything but put the seat forward and I'll have to manually adjust the seat a lil bit then it will be ok other times it works fine. It is kinda hit and miss. I think I'll try that re-indexing thing see if that does anything. It doesn't happen all the time. Just often enough to bother me lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NEV3R L8
Sometimes I'll have an issue where I can sometimes get in and hit 1 and it will do everything but put the seat forward and I'll have to manually adjust the seat a lil bit then it will be ok other times it works fine. It is kinda hit and miss. I think I'll try that re-indexing thing see if that does anything. It doesn't happen all the time. Just often enough to bother me lol.
This is exactly my problem. But when I take the car to the dealer then it is just fine and will work fine for a few months, then it will happen again. I will take the car to the dealer on Thursday and if they fix it, I will post a new thread on what they did.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

Thats is weird. Keep us posted.
-David
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 AM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad someone posted this, I'm having the same problem. Exit settings go just fine, but I have to keep hitting the 1 button everytime I start the car. It doesn't automatically go the that setting with the FOB.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
NoDoze
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

On exit I have my seat programmed to slide all the way back. Occasionally when I get back in the car and press the 1 buton to return to the driving poistion nothing happens. I have found that in the majority of those occasions the seat had not slid all the way back to the exit position. When I encounter this condition I manually slide the seat back to the exit position and then press the 1 button which then returns me to my driving position. There also appears to be a correlation between the seat not sliding all the way back and me lifting my weight off the seat to exit the car before the seat reaches the exit position.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Well, it seems that there is something wrong with my seat module. My dealer is going to replace it next week. I hope this will fix the problem.

I will keep you guys updated.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:02 PM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2006 MN6 does this all the time. The steering wheel comes back to my set position but the seat does not move. I have to nudge the power seat lever a tad and the hit memory 1 again and it then works.
It works normal about 1/2 have the time and is messsed up the other.
Please let me know if you have any luck.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:37 AM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CLLOFF
My 2006 MN6 does this all the time. The steering wheel comes back to my set position but the seat does not move. I have to nudge the power seat lever a tad and the hit memory 1 again and it then works.
It works normal about 1/2 have the time and is messsed up the other.
Please let me know if you have any luck.
This is exactly the problem. The memory will not work unless you move the seat up or back, then if you hit the memory, it will work most of the time.

I am hoping that the new seat module will fix this. The dealer have updated all the seat firmware but did not help.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Got the car back from the dealer yesterday and so far everything works just fine.

The dealer replaced the seat module and I hope that corrected the problem. Time will tell.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:51 PM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

Was it under warranty? Mine wouldn't be...Any idea of cost? Maybe I could order it from Gene.
-David
Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
SLW2525
Navigator

I had the same issue about a year ago and they replaced the module for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Memory seat problem.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NEV3R L8
Was it under warranty? Mine wouldn't be...Any idea of cost? Maybe I could order it from Gene.
-David
Mine was under warranty. Not sure how much it would be from Gene however I don't think it is a big job because it was done less than an hour.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Pasquale j
Heel & Toe

sounds like this should be a recall by GM my seat stopped working 4 weeks ago I will replace the module soon
Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
csun213
Melting Slicks

OK, it has been about 2 weeks since my seat module was replaced and everything seems to work just fine now.

So I would recommend guys with seat memory problem to get the seat module replaced.

Quick Reply: Memory seat problem.