C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

Removing front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by QwikC
Finished here… UNSUBSCRIBING from any furtherance, so have at it, personally haven’t a predisposition to favor playing in the mud….
I'm not being rude here. I'm just trying to help you out, but I think your translation of English to your native tongue is throwing you off.

Either you don't understand, or you don't want to accept what everyone has told you. So move on to, "Digital Corvettes.com,"-"Corvette Action Center.com," or call Bowling Green, and see if they will send you a page from the assembly manual.

Ed
Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 PM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

After just removing my front bumper to install the reinforcement for the front spoiler I have to admit that ALL the pictures shown appear to be accurate... I dont see where the confusion is nor understand where it began. I looked at them before I set off to remove it and found them to accurately reflect at what needed to be done.

With that said, I did however come across an issue with the brake ducts and how I broke the thin area the bumper forks into them which serve to hold the brake duct leading edge into place. I did not take pictures but, for anyone who attempts this, please make sure you slide your brake ducts out from the bumper forks... I broke the passengers side... I was able to get everything back together and It does appear to be holding itself in place though.

All in all it was fairly easy and I could do it again much quicker without damaging anything...

Now I'm looking for a new drivers side brake duct.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Old 10-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Mark Wade
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thats the bit im having trouble with the stupid factory manual says to remove 4 clips thats what stuffed me up ,those pictures are brilliant i can see exactly how it works, i think i will pour oil down the join that might help it slip apart thanks team

Quick Reply: Removing front bumper