C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: First poll do you Like it ??
Great Car I want it
47.51%
LIke the Body but need more details
5.78%
I need to see it in person first
20.79%
I hope it grows on me
8.81%
They could have done better
11.05%
They ruined the Corvette
6.06%
Voters: 1385. You may not vote on this poll

First Poll Do you Like it ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1990VT
QUOTE: I would dare say it is the Pontiac Aztec of Corvette!

PERFECT!! YESS!! Hit the nail on the head. The back of the C7 is so completely ugly and out of character with the iconography of the Corvette that the C7 deserves the uncoveted 5 Aztek award, delivered with a big Raspberry.

And a strong hint that GM needs to redesign the C7 to look like a Corvette from the back, not a 1980s Japanese economy car, not a Batmobile, and most assuredly not a CAMARO!

Yeesh.
Dear Troll,

Reviving a thread after 45 days of inactivity is against forum policy. Go see the car in person, if you still don't like it, enjoy other forums or sections of this forum because the C7 isn't for you if you hate it.

Therefore, IBTL!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Red1990VT
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 40 Posts
Default "Dear Troll"? Grow Up.

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
Dear Troll,

Reviving a thread after 45 days of inactivity is against forum policy. Go see the car in person, if you still don't like it, enjoy other forums or sections of this forum because the C7 isn't for you if you hate it.

Therefore, IBTL!
7th grade is over, time to grow up and stop the childish name calling.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

If you had gotten out of the 7th grade, you'd have realized awhile ago, that the C7 section isn't for you.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMvette7
I still love it that people are shocked by similar tail light features of the corvette to other Chevy products. Nobody was complaining when the cobalt, impala and camaro all had dual lights on both sides with the last models. Get over it...

Park the corvette next to the camaro and stand behind them and tell me they look the same and I'll tell you the same thing as I would if you told me the new C7 looked ugly.
Key difference: I don't give a damn about the other Chevys, so I'm not offended. But since you bring it up, those three cars you mention are visual turds as far as I'm concerned. Thankfully, the Vette, even with the silly C7 rear end, doesn't look anything like them.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

So the term Troll is 'name calling', even though it has established definition in internet forums.

You're brilliant response is to call me a 7th grader.

Way to show everyone who's boss...
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Says the guy who is obsessed with trashing a car he doesn't like rather than doing something more productive like discussing a car he does like There is absolutely some growing up to do but you should look in the mirror first before throwing stones

Last edited by gthal; 06-26-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Wannabe
Have you checked the latest performance statistics? 460 Hp, 465 ft/lbs of tourque and the second fastest time around around VIR? The only car quicker was a 2102 Zr1. Beats all of the foreign models including Ferrari, Nissan GTR, BMW M6, la la la la..... All of that out of a z51 base model priced at around 60K. Imagine what the Z06 and Zr1 equivelents will do.

Those numbers should make everyone look at the tail lights and say...."what a cool car...I gotta have one". That is what I am saying. I love the styling of the C6 but the C7 has more edge, looks more aggressive and can kick A**. It's looking more and more that my first Vette will be a C7!

living in Texas
Stop drinking the Koolaid and wait to see the car in person. The C6 wide body with its wide stance is as agressive as you can get.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

The back end of the car is a total abortion, it goes well beyond tail lights and into the Toyota Zone. Or the Batmobile Zone. Or, good god, the Camaro Zone. Pick one, pick all. The back end is a complete un-Corvette mess.

The proportions are out of whack with the rest of the car. The rear hatch swapped wrap around glass for a early 80s Toyota liftback hatch with limited visibility and limited cargo space and worst of all safety concerns (resulting from limited visibility).

Moving on to the busy cluttered styling in the back, it looks like someone slapped on cliches with a trowel.

And of course, after having the iconic and instantly recognizable four round tail lights since the early 1960s, some arrogant self absorbed Aztek and Camaro designers took it upon themselves to decide they should toss tradition and iconographic styling and instead apply lamps taken straight off the lesser Camaro.

I could go on but I won't, it's all been said several times over. And over. And that's because Corvette true believers are aghast at the violence that's been done to our favorite American Icon.
then stop coming in this section and creating drama....

Quick Reply: First Poll Do you Like it ?