Sponsored by:

What the Hell!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:05 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC6Vette
Flame me if you want, I don't care anymore. The fact that some cars in the July consensus are moving ahead of orders in the first week of the June consenus is just not right! There is no rhyme or reason for it. I have purchased 10 corvettes and I am flat out disappointed. No, not on when they start production, I understand that issue. I am disappointed that GM said no constraints on the first week and yet no movement and no word from GM on what the issue may be. If they are going to be fair about it, then hold everyone in the second consensus to 3000 until they sort it out. I am a business man and there is nothing worse than alienating customers through lack of information or just inconsiderate treatment.
Except it might be more efficient for GM to build the C7 in common batches - i.e. all of similar color, options etc. Building a 100 in a row all identical would be easier then 100 all different. Thus, someone with a rare combo might be built later down the line.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Flame me if you want, I don't care anymore. The fact that some cars in the July consensus are moving ahead of orders in the first week of the June consenus is just not right! There is no rhyme or reason for it. I have purchased 10 corvettes and I am flat out disappointed. No, not on when they start production, I understand that issue. I am disappointed that GM said no constraints on the first week and yet no movement and no word from GM on what the issue may be. If they are going to be fair about it, then hold everyone in the second consensus to 3000 until they sort it out. I am a business man and there is nothing worse than alienating customers through lack of information or just inconsiderate treatment.
If the Order Codes hold up and 2nd consensus cars ordered in the past few weeks jump ahead of my order placed 4/30, I'm right with you...but I suspect this will all get sorted out in the next week or so and things will align. I firmly believe we are just seeing some trial runs at sequencing and the current order codes don't mean a lot. I think this is best evidenced by 3300's without TPW's...makes no sense.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 702 Likes on 281 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

So far, they haven't built one sold order from The first consensus which was two months ago, epic fail Not only that, they don't even have TPW for those cars yet
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Hebstar11
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm just glad I'm a 2015er.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
So far, they haven't built one sold order from The first consensus which was two months ago, epic fail Not only that, they don't even have TPW for those cars yet
Question:

Was there any "official" indication on when they would start the line?

I recall someone on video stating "beginning of August"?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by raycorvette2014
Im screwed then.. LOL.. I live in Northern Idaho and could not live any farther from Bowling Green.. I guess Seattle would be farther.
My 2010 GS left the plant on a Wednesday in Sept 2009 and didn't get to my dealer until the following Monday, 350 miles from the plant.
Found out the transporter sat at Mid America in Effingham Il all weekend for Yeagers benefit. I wasn't happy since both the dealer and I were expecting it on Thursday.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
OK....yeah OP...what michealinmech said!

And you could also send a question to GM.
Thanks for the sarcasm but have had enough today. I have brought my concerns to GM and have not got an answer and was hoping someone from this forum could make sense of it.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by raycorvette2014
Thanks for the sarcasm but have had enough today. I have brought my concerns to GM and have not got an answer and was hoping someone from this forum could make sense of it.

We're just trying to lighten your day with a bit of humor. Your frustration is naturally understood. Everyone is jumping off the deep end with speculation as to what is or is not happening. The plant has not even started building cars yet. Team Corvette has always said the end of the 4th quarter for deliveries to begin- it's others who are saying anything different.

It supposed to be joyful anticipation, not agony.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

How many times do people need to say that constraints do not affect people with a 3000+ code before it sinks in?

This whole thread is weird. Chevrolet already said production would probably start in August .... and it's July 22nd right now.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Speednet
How many times do people need to say that constraints do not affect people with a 3000+ code before it sinks in?

This whole thread is weird. Chevrolet already said production would probably start in August .... and it's July 22nd right now.

^ Chevrolet, Team Corvette, said customer deliveries would begin by the end of the 4th quarter . . . .
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ Chevrolet, Team Corvette, said customer deliveries would begin by the end of the 4th quarter . . . .
The end of the fourth quarter would make it Jan 1 2014. Maybe you should work for Chevrolet. You understand as much as they do about keeping their customers informed. While your at it explain why they sell some people some options and others not. Instead of using parts and then telling folks they are out of something. I love the C7 I really dislike they way GM does business.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

We're just trying to lighten your day with a bit of humor. Your frustration is naturally understood. Everyone is jumping off the deep end with speculation as to what is or is not happening. The plant has not even started building cars yet. Team Corvette has always said the end of the 4th quarter for deliveries to begin- it's others who are saying anything different.

What I heard GM say at Detroit was late 3rd qtr. And I DO wait with great joy and anticipation.......
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

My concern wasnt when I was getting my c7 but how could people from the second allocation group be put ahead of the first.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 PM
RedC6Vette
Instructor

Agree. My concern exactly. And yes I called my dealer and he did not have a clue.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To the OP...best of luck with this.

I certainly don't have a great appreciation or knowledge of this process since I never order a new car from the factory. Maybe trying so hard to be the first on your block is not worth it if it causes such High Anxiety. Just take a deep breath.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

I agree that there is nothing to worry about, all these cars will get built pretty quickly once the line starts rolling. I'd feel pretty silly bothering GM about this when nobody's car has even been built yet. The next big fuss will be some cars buried back in the lot while other later-built cars get shipped sooner.

I'm curious about GM's priorities for scheduling the build sequence. It's definitely not in chronological order - the oldest orders, beginning with QZN___, were entered via orderWORKBENCH on monday 4/15/2013. Many but not all of the QZ____and RB____ orders have progressed to 3300, especially 1YY07 models (should help the line move better, less components to be assembled). I wonder if the option mix delayed some early orders like RBHG86 from being scheduled? Maybe the exposed carbon fiber roof is labor intensive to paint? Maybe they're not quite ready to paint certain colors? Maybe panel finish isn't quite up to par yet and they're holding off on dark colors that would show waves? (I did notice some irregularity in the door panels of some early built CTF cars in BG). This has happened before in past generations.

Just things to wonder about as we patiently wait for production to commence
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Skidooer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redc6vette
......if they are going to be fair about it...........

life isn't fair.

Get notified of new replies

To What the Hell!!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

Ultimately if you're one of the folks who are stressing out that some 2nd consensus cars have a higher status code than yours does you should probably relax for now since those codes can change until they hit 3400. Those at 3300 might get dropped back to 3000, or your cars may jump from 2000 to 3300 in one day. Now, if you see a second consensus order hit 3400 before yours then I won't blame you for thinking its unfair or being frustrated. But for now these order codes don't mean much (why do you think Chevys site doesn't include them and just sticks to the major milestones?)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill17601
The end of the fourth quarter would make it Jan 1 2014. Maybe you should work for Chevrolet. You understand as much as they do about keeping their customers informed. While your at it explain why they sell some people some options and others not. Instead of using parts and then telling folks they are out of something. I love the C7 I really dislike they way GM does business.

Easy there Bill - I meant the end of the 3rd Quarter. What's with the hostility in my direction? I have nothing to do with manufacturing dates or option availability or anything else. Just trying to be a good and helpful fellow CF member.

Please direct your venting at Team Corvette not me.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
There is something strange going on with the order codes. I visited my dealer on Saturday and looked at my "order code history". While GM'er has done a good job of keeping us updated, I discovered that my order codes have actually been all over the map behind the scenes, up and down, since a month and a half ago. I was the first to order from my dealer, placing my initial order on April 30. I eventually worked up to 3300 and have now been bumped back to 3000. I've never had a TPW.
For all Chevrolets, the status codes bounce around, particularly at the beginning of a new model. Treat them as a guide to where you are and not as an absolute. I have had a TPW at 3000 that held true, on other orders I have had the TPW change the closer we got to production, and on one order I had an October TPW even after we entered November.

Also all retail sold orders have priority 1 automatically; the dealer can change the priority number but does not need to unless it makes someone feel better. Intelligent dealers will match allocation to orders in the order they came in and I suspect most if not all Corvette dealers are smart enough to do it right. It is not as if a Corvette customer never talks to another Corvette customer.

Ordering a Corvette and following the status changes from submission to delivery is a true adult e-ticket roller coaster ride and if you think this ride is not addictive just recall the number of posts on this forum from members well experienced in the ordering process.

Laborsmith

Quick Reply: What the Hell!!