Sponsored by:

What the Hell!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the Hell!!

Ive been at 3000 status for about 6 weeks. Was in the first allocation group and had two people who just got moved to 3300 today from the second allocation group from the same dealership.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,156 Likes on 6,206 Posts

Have you ordered something that is on constraint (like the CF Dash - FAY)?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Have you ordered something that is on constraint (like the CF Dash - FAY)?
No..
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM
RedC6Vette
Instructor

I am frustrated also. Was number two on the first pull at second largest corvette dealership. Went to 3000 June 4 and have not moved since. Have seen the second consensus orders move right along. Something is weird.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by raycorvette2014
Ive been at 3000 status for about 6 weeks. Was in the first allocation group and had two people who just got moved to 3300 today from the second allocation group from the same dealership.
Originally Posted by RedC6Vette
I am frustrated also. Was number two on the first pull at second largest corvette dealership. Went to 3000 June 4 and have not moved since. Have seen the second consensus orders move right along. Something is weird.

Perhaps a call to your salesperson at your respective dealerships might be more informative than a CF rant . . . . . I'm just sayin
Old 07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There is something strange going on with the order codes. I visited my dealer on Saturday and looked at my "order code history". While GM'er has done a good job of keeping us updated, I discovered that my order codes have actually been all over the map behind the scenes, up and down, since a month and a half ago. I was the first to order from my dealer, placing my initial order on April 30. I eventually worked up to 3300 and have now been bumped back to 3000. I've never had a TPW.

Given the fact that there have been and still are a large number of people at 3300 without TPW's, I feel that the order codes that we currently have are nothing more than a trial run of the allocation software. I do not feel that these are final nor do they mean a whole lot at the current time. My suspicion is that they will only mean something when the production line actually starts turning out customer cars.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:04 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I've been at 3000 for weeks as well, fully expecting a move to 3300 at any time. I thought I read somewhere that Tuesdays were the day for changes & updates so I'll wait until tomorrow and if still no change contact my dealer to see if he has any additional information. I know mine was #1 on their list and if somehow that has changed there will be some 'discussion'. I'm thinking it's more GM's doing than the dealership, but in any case something is odd when the orders were accepted initially with no constraints. Still no official startup date that I've seen, as I'm sure when it does the Rick Hendrick car will be publicized as the first production 2014.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Perhaps a call to your salesperson at your respective dealerships might be more informative than a CF rant . . . . . I'm just sayin
Thank you, but the dealership or salesman has no control over what the factory has done with the event codes. Was hoping someone on this forum would have some information about what was going on with the event codes and why some who are in the second round are being put in front of us who were in the first.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you, but the dealership or salesman has no control over what the factory has done with the event codes. Was hoping someone on this forum would have some information about what was going on with the event codes and why some who are in the second round are being put in front of us who were in the first.
Hard to argue that anyone has been put ahead of anyone else when not a single customer car has been produced.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 702 Likes on 281 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

I have been saying for weeks something is wrong, only to get flamed for it and for "being negative". I wondered how long before the rest of you started to join me. IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE THE MAY CONSENSUS and ZERO movement. Of course, the new plant manager is not providing any info as the old one did so we are left to sit and rot... Be prepared for people to come on here and tell us how it's still the third quarter blah blah blah... Something is wrong
Old 07-22-2013, 02:48 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

^ IMHO, that is an assumption. I would personally turn to the folks I trusted enough to purchase from in the first place, but I'm sure your method is more productive. All the best
Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

[/B]

^ IMHO, that is an assumption. I would personally turn to the folks I trusted enough to purchase from in the first place, but I'm sure your method is more productive. All the best
They dont have any information and none is being givin to them or I would have it.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

The reality is that all these cars, 3000 and 3300, will be built quickly when production starts, and then they're all going to sit in the back lot for a few weeks. And then, they'll be loaded on trucks according to destination and delivered. However, if your dealer is in a remote location it may take longer, because it might be a while to get a full truck load. There are lots of variables!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, what fun would that be? That would be true for about 1/3 of the rants that happen in CF7!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Well, what fun would that be? That would be true for about 1/3 of the rants that happen in CF7!

For gawd's sake OX, just play along with me once in a while - every now and then, we'll throw logic and solutions out there, and see watch em get chewed up
Old 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Originally Posted by C6BOB
The reality is that all these cars, 3000 and 3300, will be built quickly when production starts, and then they're all going to sit in the back lot for a few weeks. And then, they'll be loaded on trucks according to destination and delivered. However, if your dealer is in a remote location it may take longer, because it might be a while to get a full truck load. There are lots of variables!
Im screwed then.. LOL.. I live in Northern Idaho and could not live any farther from Bowling Green.. I guess Seattle would be farther.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For gawd's sake OX, just play along with me once in a while - every now and then, we'll throw logic and solutions out there, and see watch em get chewed up
OK....yeah OP...what michealinmech said!

And you could also send a question to GM.

Get notified of new replies

To What the Hell!!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

Im screwed then.. LOL.. I live in Northern Idaho and could not live any farther from Bowling Green.. I guess Seattle would be farther.
Not necessarily. There could be a load going to Seattle, and you are along the way.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

When I ordered my car, my dealer said I was #9 of his 19 total allocations. I've been at 3300 all except that one day 3300's fell back to 3100. Now my dealer says I may be his first car in there. Beats me unless by some miracle he got 9 of his 19 allocated on the first consensus. Something does seem screwy.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM
RedC6Vette
Instructor

Flame me if you want, I don't care anymore. The fact that some cars in the July consensus are moving ahead of orders in the first week of the June consenus is just not right! There is no rhyme or reason for it. I have purchased 10 corvettes and I am flat out disappointed. No, not on when they start production, I understand that issue. I am disappointed that GM said no constraints on the first week and yet no movement and no word from GM on what the issue may be. If they are going to be fair about it, then hold everyone in the second consensus to 3000 until they sort it out. I am a business man and there is nothing worse than alienating customers through lack of information or just inconsiderate treatment.

Quick Reply: What the Hell!!