Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
scott53
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The steering wheel has to come off and the front face of the dash is disassembled. I did NOT want to watch or even see that. But it was worth it. It would have driven me nuts if it kept happening.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:12 PM
yaknuts81
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar issue happen to me this morning. I started my car and all the warning lights were on (TC, oil pressure, oil temp, etc.) and the parking brake light would not turn off even after I heard the parking brake disengage. After a few seconds, the display went totally blank for about 15 seconds, then it started up just fine. It was alarming to see this happen. I have a 2015.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by JVJaz
I have the same thing as I forgot to mention that my HUD doesn't work either when this happened. And, by resetting, you mean taking fuse #25 out and placing it back in, correct? Maybe it needs a new fuse?
Yes that's what I mean.

Hmm, can't hurt to try, so I will. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:59 PM
sharpseadog
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Question

Originally Posted by tyho
Same thing happened to me upon start up, 2015 z51 m7 LT1. Everything was blank except for the pdr. I had to drive home at night without speedo, fuel, rpm or any of the digital or analogue guages. Fortunately the pdr showed my speed. Told the dealer, has no idea. said to monitor the situation. When I restarted the car, all was fine???
How do you read speed on PDR when you are driving? Mine is locked out for viewing unless car is stopped.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

I've stopped using the trunk button on the outside of the car and have not had the problem since.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
First Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine comes out of storage today.... and "we" will be working with the dealer with the blank DIC. All is well now and most of the time it works great, just don't open the rear hatch with the button above the license plate.

I took my car to the dealer with the car in the failed mode, sat in the service bay with the engine running and showed the issue to the service manager and the Corvette Tech. They pulled 3 codes on the computer and replaced the instrument cluster, tested the car and pronounced it 100%. That was last fall. It failed again. That is when they requested a video of what I did to make the DIC to fail. WHAT I DID????

I did that early in the winter and the dealer sent it to the Tech center in Detroit. The folks there duplicated the failure on 2 cars up there and I understand from one of the forum members that GM has an IPC fix. I also understand that the fix did not work and he is in the same boat as before.

My dealer sells approx. 250 Vetts annually, so they should be on top of issues and able to repair them. This doesn't seem like a 1 in a million problem.

I have a '15 Z51 w/7speed sn#868 with 650 miles on the odo.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Woodson
I've stopped using the trunk button on the outside of the car and have not had the problem since.
I jinxed myself. After many times with no issue it happened again yesterday....using the button on the fob.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by First Z06
Mine comes out of storage today.... and "we" will be working with the dealer with the blank DIC. All is well now and most of the time it works great, just don't open the rear hatch with the button above the license plate.

I took my car to the dealer with the car in the failed mode, sat in the service bay with the engine running and showed the issue to the service manager and the Corvette Tech. They pulled 3 codes on the computer and replaced the instrument cluster, tested the car and pronounced it 100%. That was last fall. It failed again. That is when they requested a video of what I did to make the DIC to fail. WHAT I DID????

I did that early in the winter and the dealer sent it to the Tech center in Detroit. The folks there duplicated the failure on 2 cars up there and I understand from one of the forum members that GM has an IPC fix. I also understand that the fix did not work and he is in the same boat as before.

My dealer sells approx. 250 Vetts annually, so they should be on top of issues and able to repair them. This doesn't seem like a 1 in a million problem.

I have a '15 Z51 w/7speed sn#868 with 650 miles on the odo.
Has it ever happened if you don't use the button above the license plate? If not, I would rather just not use the button than have the whole dash messed with especially since nobody seems to know how to fix it.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:21 AM
drexelguy264
Heel & Toe

Ahh - so this just happened to me on a 2015 C7 Z51 that I bought 2 weeks ago.

She isn't even broken in yet
Old 04-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

I jinxed myself. After many times with no issue it happened again yesterday....using the button on the fob.
OK, so now I find that if I open the door first (which I have to do anyway) then open the hatch using any of the 3 methods, the problem has not happened for a few days. Probably just jinxed myself again..
Old 04-16-2015, 09:31 PM
First Z06
Advanced

OK, so now I find that if I open the door first (which I have to do anyway) then open the hatch using any of the 3 methods, the problem has not happened for a few days. Probably just jinxed myself again..
If I use the FOB to open the hatch, or if I open the driver side door first all is fine. At this point it is a 'work around' for a $70,000+ sport car. The button is there for a reason, To Open The Hatch! Chevrolet has a software issue.

For the poor fellow who just picked up his car, my first incident with the dash happened at 150 miles!!!!

Good luck guys!!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:48 PM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just turned 10,000 miles on my early 14 and it just happened to me today for the first time. Yes, I opened the deck first with 'the outside button'.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:08 AM
SCB
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Happened to me for the first time today doing about 8 mph in stop & go traffic.

The instrument panel and and analog gauges (not infotainment screen) went black for about 5 seconds, then the system "rebooted" itself (all the warning lights came on for a couple of seconds), then back to normal.

I did open the hatch with the rear button the night before, which I only do about once/week.

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster