Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 10:16 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Congrats and welcome to all the new additions. The registry has been updated with the info you posted, please check to be sure I have things correct (city / state mostly). If you posted a photo, I linked to that forum post, if you didn't, what are you waiting for!
Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

And remember folks, if you provide me with correct city / state info it will update the interactive map that is linked on the first post of this thread (https://mapalist.com/map/631354). Gives you a visual representation of other GSCE's that may be near you. Used to be mostly unsold GSCE's, but most of them are now sold of course.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:27 PM
frytex
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
How many 2017 Grand Sport Collector Edition owners are there on this forum? Post your information to be added to the registry!

When posting information about yours, please include:
Your city/state, series number. If you can post a picture of your car I'll add a link for that as well. If you purchased used, knowing what you paid for it will help us track depreciation, if you want to share privately please PM the information to me. And please check to see if there is any incorrect information about your vehicle that you'd like to share.

If you see used ones for sale, please post any info you can. The VIN on the windshield will identify the series number.

FAQ
  • Watkins Glen Gray (G7Q) exterior color with Tension Blue Hash Marks (20A) and Satin Black Grand Sport Center Stripe Package (DUR).
  • Two-tone Tension Blue leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts (246)
  • Blue custom leather stitch (37S)
  • Collectors Edition Sill plates (BE8)
  • Premium carpeted floor mats with Grand Sport logo, LPO, interior brushed aluminum hash marks and seat and steering wheel emblems (VYW)
  • Carbon Flash Badge Package (EYT)
  • Grand Sport black aluminum CUP-style wheels, 19" front/20" rear (Q8X)
  • Carbon fiber instrument panel trim (FAY)
  • Numbered plaque (CFY)
  • 3LT Trim Package required
  • Available as a coupe or convertible.
  • Z07 performance package, Carbon Fiber Ground effects and some other factory options can be added
  • Base model MSRP Pricing
    • Coupe Manual: $81,185
    • Coupe Automatic: $82,910
    • Convertible Manual: $85,185
    • Convertible Automatic: $86,910
  • VIN ends in 530XXXX where XXXX equals sequence number of series (for both Coupe and Convertible).
  • GM projected that 1,000 total would be made, 850 destined for the US market.
  • Final production numbers show 935 made with 793 delivered to the US market. Details on the production numbers are listed below.
  • Cars #246-250 were never produced due to production issues, so the final Collector Edition car is actually #940.
  • #0001 sold at 2016 Barrett-Jackson Auction for $170,000 (charity auction benefiting Karmanos Cancer Institute). Sold to David Flynn who also owns the first retail Cadillac ATS. reference link This was also the one that was shown at the Geneva AutoShow in 2016 when the Grand Sport was officially announced. The dash plaque serial number can be seen in the video below at the 1:00 mark. NOTE: The car shown in the video from Geneva and in the auction photos is actually a prototype vehicle and not the first production VIN GSCE. The first production GSCE was a Convertible, please read this post for more details.
  • The prototype vehicle shown at Geneva and in other locations was actually built using a 2015 2LT Stingray experimental VIN vehicle (please read the post linked in item 10 above for more details). There are two notable differences that have been spotted in that car compared to the production vehicles.
    • The dash badge shows the sequence number as 0001/1000. The production ones show just the sequence number
    • The production sill plates that say Grand Sport is not colored the way it shows in the video, there is no blue in the production version (pictures of the two can be found in this thread)
  • Final car was #940, museum delivered on June 12, 2017.

GM PRODUCTION NUMBERS
    GM published production numbers after the 2017 model year production wrapped up. The registry spreadsheet (linked below) breaks down the numbers in a few more combinations if interested.

Instead of 1,000 total with 850 in the US market; 935 were made with 793 delivered in the US.

REGISTRY

I started listing all of them here in this post, including ones that I've found for sale at various dealers as it may be helpful for someone that is looking to purchase one of these to find a sequence number they want or specific options. The list though makes this original post a little long and it will only get longer. So I decided to put it into a Google Sheet that anyone should be able to view and comment on. If you need one added, post on this thread or enter a comment, this way I can control the formatting. Please let me know if you have any issues accessing the Google Sheet.

I've set up filters on the sheet so it can be sorted/viewed in different ways. Look for the filter icon up in the top left and it will give you some choices of views.

2017 Corvette Grand Sport Collectors Edition Registry (Link to Google Sheet)

Maps
    There are a couple map views of the items on the list to give you an idea as to where these all are.

This is an interactive map using the data on another site where you can see the actual cities on a map, where we have that data.

Finally, there are a few maps of data that can be found in the Google Sheet on the Statistics page.

Video from 2016 Geneva AutoShow

The CE registry's has my wrong town on it. Number 413 lives in New Braunfels TX 78132. Just want to keep the registry clean. Thanks Jeffrey Fry
    Old 05-29-2018, 12:30 PM
    mountainears
    Melting Slicks
    Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by frytex
    [/list]
    The CE registry's has my wrong town on it. Number 413 lives in New Braunfels TX 78132. Just want to keep the registry clean. Thanks Jeffrey Fry
    Thanks for the correction, this has been updated!
    Old 05-29-2018, 12:38 PM
    frytex
    Racer

Ok I just pick up my CE this weekend, and as I was driving back to Texas I was wondering if anyone had added anything to theirs to change it up any, so if you have done any mods can you post pics of them so we can see how it looks. Thanks
    Old 05-29-2018, 03:19 PM
    VENOM ACR
    Burning Brakes

Received 193 Likes on 115 Posts

Ok I just pick up my CE this weekend, and as I was driving back to Texas I was wondering if anyone had added anything to theirs to change it up any, so if you have done any mods can you post pics of them so we can see how it looks. Thanks
    I added the stage 3 rear center piece on spoiler, added stage 3 front canards, tinted the reflectors all around, replaced the "red" sport on the side vents and door sills with tension blue, full underhood custom airbrushed engine items, and installed a custom painted Vararam intake. I live in Charlotte and there are like, 2 or 3 other CE's running around which is insane to me considering they only made a limited amount.

Sorry for the picture overload.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 PM
    DWS44
    Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
    2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
    2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Congrats on the AutoFair Best of Show! Back in fall 2003 I won a Best of Show with a 2002 Firehawk, and it was a blast. I haven't been on awards day in a long time, do they still do the red carpet introductions of each winner?
    Old 05-29-2018, 10:35 PM
    VENOM ACR
    Burning Brakes

Received 193 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS44
    Congrats on the AutoFair Best of Show! Back in fall 2003 I won a Best of Show with a 2002 Firehawk, and it was a blast. I haven't been on awards day in a long time, do they still do the red carpet introductions of each winner?
    Thanks! Yes they still do the winner circle brief overview of your car
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:00 AM
    mountainears
    Melting Slicks
    Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I know there are a ton of posts in this thread. Been starting to work on a revision of the first post that will contain links to various parts in the massive thread, but there are a lot of mods already listed, including ones already posted. Just takes some time to search through the thread. A few things come to mind that I have seen posted:
    • Underhood mods (custom painting of various parts under the hood)
    • Powder coat brake calipers blue
    • Change the red portion of the Grand Sport logo to blue (side of car and door sills)
    • Blue rings on rims (wheel protectors or pin stripe)
    • Black out side marker lights/reflectors
    • Window tinting
    • Paint Protection Film (PPF - XPel is one brand)
    • Replace brake pads with ones that have less dust
    • Ground effects (move to stage 2 or 3 style - and/or exposed carbon fiber)
    • Steering wheel upgrades (some custom ones out there)
    • List goes on....

A lot of this depends on what you like and what you want to do of course. Lots of great info in this thread as well as in other parts of the forums. If you think of it, then it's likely someone has done it and you can find pictures to validate your thoughts :-)
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:05 AM
    frytex
    Racer

Where did you get the blue stripe for the wheel?

Originally Posted by bill cruthis
    serial #0008
    Denver, N.C.
    from Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet , Charlotte N.C.
    coupe , A8, forum member
    wheels have blue stripe to accent
    stage 2 splitter and side rockers
    personal license tag is TENSION8
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:11 AM
    frytex
    Racer

Where did you get the stripe from and is the color a different name?

Originally Posted by bill cruthis
    I have the tension blue stripe on my wheels. I will try to get a photo posted.
    Bill serial #8 looks really awesome
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:17 AM
    mountainears
    Melting Slicks
    Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Where did you get the stripe from and is the color a different name?
    Bill and some others have had the stripe on the wheel done by a local pin stripe person. Any reasonably good pin stripe person could do it for relatively cheap it seems. There's a blue many of them have that is really close, one I've heard is called Process Blue but depending on their selection they should be able to find something very close.

There are some snap on rings you can get in blue that others have used, I've heard mixed reviews on them, have not seen them first hand.
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:36 AM
    GSdave
    Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And remember folks, if you provide me with correct city / state info it will update the interactive map that is linked on the first post of this thread (https://mapalist.com/map/631354). Gives you a visual representation of other GSCE's that may be near you. Used to be mostly unsold GSCE's, but most of them are now sold of course.
    I don't see mine on the map but you got it on the registry. It is 384. I bought it in Bridgewater, NJ. I live in Belle Mead, NJ however.
    Old 05-30-2018, 03:53 PM
    mountainears
    Melting Slicks
    Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GSdave
    I don't see mine on the map but you got it on the registry. It is 384. I bought it in Bridgewater, NJ. I live in Belle Mead, NJ however.
    The map is based on how it was listed, so it was sitting over in Bridgewater on the map. I've updated it, so it now shows in Belle Mead.

BTW, Belle Mead is where my uncle lived, he served as the Mayor of Montgomery Township a ways back. Have had many trips to that nice area over the years....
    Old 05-30-2018, 04:14 PM
    GSdave
    Advanced

The map is based on how it was listed, so it was sitting over in Bridgewater on the map. I've updated it, so it now shows in Belle Mead.

BTW, Belle Mead is where my uncle lived, he served as the Mayor of Montgomery Township a ways back. Have had many trips to that nice area over the years....
    Small world!! Look me up next time you are in town and we can admire our cars. Thanks for updating the map also!
    Old 05-30-2018, 04:42 PM
    mountainears
    Melting Slicks
    Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GSdave

Small world!! Look me up next time you are in town and we can admire our cars. Thanks for updating the map also!
    Unfortunately he passed a little while back. His wife still lives there and my Dad & their older brother were all born/raised in Plainfield, so there are occasions that I do get out there, but its a little more rare these days. It is one nice thing about the map, I do take a peek at it when I travel to see if there are any owners in the area to hook up with!
    Old 05-30-2018, 04:44 PM
    GSdave
    Advanced

Unfortunately he passed a little while back. His wife still lives there and my Dad & their older brother were all born/raised in Plainfield, so there are occasions that I do get out there, but its a little more rare these days. It is one nice thing about the map, I do take a peek at it when I travel to see if there are any owners in the area to hook up with!
    My condolences.

Yes it is actually a very cool thing to have. Almost like we now have an extended family...

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:37 AM
    vbu2c5
    Drifting

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Had the windows tinted and a paint correction and a ceramic coating. Detailer had some pics taken. Still not broken in yet but I'm getting close. Just a joy to drive even below 3500 RPM's.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:47 AM
    philcool
    Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
    Default Blue stripe on wheels

Where did you get the blue stripe for the wheel?
    I got mine from Rimblades USA. rimbladesusa.com I have put about 1,000 miles on the car with them and they are working great.
    Old 05-31-2018, 11:05 AM
    GSdave
    Advanced

Originally Posted by philcool
    I got mine from Rimblades USA. rimbladesusa.com I have put about 1,000 miles on the car with them and they are working great.
    Did you use their rimblade or rimsaver product?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread