Sponsored by:

Corvette base 1lt

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmbl-Bee
I agree the 1LT is a great car. I have a 2LT GS and really like it. I have the Kalahari interior so I really like the flow of the interior color on the 2LT. 1LT the seats are Kalahari, 2LT is the seats arm rests and center console. With a black interior it wouldn't make much difference.
I don't think you can get Kalahari without the 2 or 3LT pkg.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I don't like blanks or spaces where optional equipment would have been and that is what the 1LT has where the HUD and seat heating cooling would be.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:58 PM
matt houston
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Love My 1LT!

I don't care about butt warmers or any of that other crap. All I care about is performance, so Z51 and M7 for me.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:59 PM
ddo_texas
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would recommend the 2lt. I just bought a Corvette and it was the best deal that I found, but it was a 1lt. The only thing I had to have was homelink. It was easy to add ($220 took less than 5 minutes). Also, I added the automatic dimming rearview mirror (it was cheap and easy to do too). I think the sound system is better in the 2lt, you get nav standard (at least $600 extra to add to a 1lt) and you do get HUD. HUD was not very important to me. I had it on my Camaro and during the day I couldn't always see it due to the Sun.
The following users liked this post:
mbaessler (06-10-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I ordered my 2015 coupe as a 1LT. I didn't see anything listed in the 2LT package that I needed or would miss.
mbaessler (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:08 PM
SAY
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was very much like you, on the fence, four months ago. In the end, I opted for the 1LT. There are a couple of features in the 2LT that I kind of wanted but decided they were not worth the $5k. I have no regrets.
mbaessler (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

I have a base 2014 1LT now for 3 years and when I ordered my car I too worried about not having the HUD since I had it on my C5 & C6 but I had noticed that the graphics on the C7's were very large and I could easily read the speed and keep my eyes on the road. The rest of the 2LT features, like heated seats & mirrors, in Florida, I think not. As with most of these upgrades they're just window dressing designed to entice you to spend more money. I have zero regrets and as for the missing sub woofer, well, I listen to my exhaust far more than the radio so what. Oh I forgot the "cheap" looking interior. I've had yet to have a single person say to me, "How come the interior looks cheap?"
mbaessler (06-10-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Whitt Mike
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1LT is all you need. Yeah, I miss the heated seats but 2LT adds and lot of extra cost and the HUD is a gimmick is far as I'm concerned.
mbaessler (06-10-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
rangda
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

Others have shown you the features you'll lose if you go 1LT. As someone who specifically bought a 2LT because of the features here are the ones I would really miss (my Vette is my only car so it's a sort-of daily driver for me):

* Memory seats/easy exit, largely because of easy exit. I'm 5'10" and mostly torso, very short legs, so the seat is very far forward. Getting out the car with the seat in the driving position is almost impossible.

* Front parking camera. I find this invaluable; bought the 2LT specifically because of this feature after having experience in other sports cars with very low front ends.

* Cooled seats. Heated seats are a joke but the cooling is really nice once the temps climb into the 80's.

* Auto-dimming mirror. These are always nice when driving at night, but you can easily add this yourself so no need to buy a 2LT just for this.

Finally, if you get a colored interior I think you need at least a 2LT. The 1LT's with colored seats look horrid IMO. Of course this is completely irrelevant if you get black.
mbaessler (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:31 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Great info from rangda above. Regarding colors, Adrenaline Red / Jet Black and Gray / Jet Black along with solid Jet Black are available with 1LT though it's only the seats that come in the color.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by mbaessler
I'm looking for a Corvette and see a lot of folks talking about the 2lt being the sweet spot. I do not plan to track the car. It will be a 7 speed. What am I missing if I go with the 1LT over the 2lt. Will my resale value hurt one day. I want a comfortable ride and a backroad crusier. Also the cost differential seems to be high for the 2lt.
1LT is the best sports car deal on the planet IMO. Car comes stock w/ everything you need to enjoy the ride in comfort.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

Ultimately, its about you and what you like, adn how the features fit your style.

My C5 is a 1LT, was my DD for 12 odd years, and I have no regrets - very few mods, still enjoy driving it.

My C7 is a 2LT.

I've already spent more on C7 mods that I have on C5 mods.

Part of that is my own fault because I bought off the floor, so it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Thought I could live with it, but thats been overridden.

I knew wanted that C7 logo in the seats and the better radio, so that automatically pushed me towards the 2LT level

For you, will the C7 be a DD, and how long is your daily commute?

Didnt get heated seats in the C5, thought they were expensive to fix toys.
OTOH, my 7 is barely to temp when I pull in the parking lot at work, so I "discovered" te heated seats I was ambivalent about to begin with are actually quite nice to have in the winter.

HUD:
At purchase time, I didnt really care about the HUD (or NAV) b/c I never had HUD, adn my TomTom works.

But NAV doesn't t take up windshield space, and I (eventually) realized the HUD/NAV integration was nice to have/convenient. (I know, Wayz et al - I dont have unlimited data on my phone)

And if I have the radio turned up, I may not hear TomTom talking to me - NAV cuts the volume and change the HUD display, both of which are hard to miss.

Now when I drive other vehicles, I really do miss the HUD.

Not part of the 2LT package, but the sueded seat inserts are worth it IMHO in that they have texture, which helps hold you in the seat during spirited driving - In the C5 - my butt slides across the smooth leather on hard corners - but the C5 seats are wider than the 7 seats so that may be a moot point..

Autodim mirrors are helpful in that the side mirrors also dim, which greatly reduces glare from cars on either side, especially from tall trucks or with poorly aimed HIDs.

Byond that, as the others have said, most of the rest of the 2LT items are convenience features - nice to have, but may not be essential to your style - and if you've not had those features before, you don't know what you are missing, and they seem like expensive overkill.

I think homelink is the only completely useless feature (for me) because as I said earlier, its not compatible with my comparatively ancient garage door opener.
And OnStar, but thats another thread.

But once you start using those extra features, you may find you like them.
At which point, you realize GM marketing knows you better than you thought
mbaessler (06-10-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 06:36 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
You would not be missing a thing. I have a 2lt but could easily do without the HUD, heated and cooled seats,.
Are you saying just the OP wouldn't be missing a thing or are you saying the tens of thousands of people that selected the 2LT wouldn't be missing a thing if they downgraded to the 1lt, or did you really mean that you personally wouldn't' be missing a thing due to your very specific needs?

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 06-08-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

I have a 1LT and to me the driving experience makes up for the lack of features.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eff A Ford:
mbaessler (06-10-2017), Mike Campbell (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

I think you might regret the missing options of the 2lt eventually. 1lt is fine but the 2lt really is the sweet spot. Where are you located btw?
Old 06-08-2017, 07:23 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Sorry, but I disagree. Dachtler expressed it very well in post # 4. Plenty of additional features are included with 2LT. They may or may not be of value to any particular buyer but they're definitely there.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Azmordean
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

As others have said, it's very much personal preference. I am a big fan of heated seats, they are nice of course in cooler weather, but are also great if your back decides to bother you on a long road trip. The Corvette I rented before I put in my order also had the cooled seats, which I found really nice. Warm day, top off, A/C off, but cooled seats on is a nice experience. The HUD, while not necessary, is a nice to have in my opinion.

Maybe the biggest one for me is the front view cameras. The front end of the Corvette likes to drag on small obstacles like parking blocks. Maybe you get used to it, but I found it very hard to judge. The cameras were a life saver for me for front end parking.

Since I like most of the features, I found 2LT a good buy, but you may differ. Note none of the features have to do with performance though, they are all creature comforts and technology.
mbaessler (06-10-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette base 1lt

Old 06-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Red08Roadster
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Big
I have a 1LT and the only thing that I miss from the 2LT is the front camera, so I installed NavTool.
1LT for me. Elmer, eboggs on this forum, has a NavTool installation sticky to tell you how to install a front camera, which I had done at Best Buy reasonably or you can do it yourself. Other than that, 2LT memory seats were always going every which way so I didn't want them. I like non-auto dimming rv mirror better. Don't want or need bun warmers or bun coolers. Don't much like heads-up. I use my own garage door opener. Other stuff I could do without for the five grand or whatever it is difference. Do like and did pay for Z-51 performance stuff - my 2 cents.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:27 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,025 Posts

There are two schools of thought on this...

Some buy their corvette strictly for the performance aspect and couldn't care less about the luxury and convenience amenities. They rather spend the extra $$ on a Z06 if they could afford it but the luxury/convenience bells and whistles don't rank up there.

Then there are those that share my view. You are buying a CORVETTE, the car that many dreamed about owning since they were kids. I want just about every option available, I don't want a half loaded car, I want all of the buttons, bells and whistles....the whole shebang, the total experience of performance, technology and luxury. If $4500 (after discounts) is going to make that big of a difference averaging out to just $75/month over 60 months...then you may want to rethink the entire purchase.

Which school of thought you agree with is a personal decision based on your objectives but the last thing you want is to make this sizable purchase and then have regrets.
mbaessler (06-10-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 01:02 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Nothing wrong with a 1LT or 1LZ on the Z06!
Mike Campbell (06-09-2017)

Quick Reply: Corvette base 1lt