Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1LT vs 2LT package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:30 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

When someone gets right on your *** at nite and the headlites don't blind ya from the reflection...Yea I got that..
Looking at the road at nite,paying attention to where the car is tracking.With my RPM'S and Speed lit up.Looking up...Yea,I got that
Top down,Kinda cool out.Want Bum Warm...Yea,Got That
Butt Too Hot.Bag Sticking.Need Relief..Yea,Got That
Good Tune On.Turn it UP...Yea,Got That
Great Car..Why Chop the Must Haves...
Yea 2LT Baby

Last edited by DALE#3; 05-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DouglasC (06-16-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Some of us still don't regret buying a 1LT. I don't know why it's so damn hard for so many people on here to comprehend that.
You do regret it - you just won't admit it
Mayor111 (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:32 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

FWIW, had an early September 2013 built 3LT, Z51. For my Grand Sport did not consider a 3LT since GM got cheap with the amount of color on the dash of 3LT and IMO what it has looks like a “patchwork quilt.”

Also the GM NAV is not good with ~$200 expense every time to keep software current. My 10 year old Garmin has Free updates and have found Apple CarPlay that displays on the center screen even better. That is what I use.

That said, would never buy a 1LT, too many things of importance you get in a 2LT. In order of importance to me:
  1. HUD, too many distracted drivers, need to keep my eye’s watching for them to maintain my 60 years of driving without an accident with another car!
  2. Memory seats. I’m the only driver BUT getting in and out of the Vette can be a PIA however it’s fine with the seat fully back and fully up front and back as well as the steering wheel full in and up. Makes exit and entrance easy and is automatic when the door opens. I occasionally will pick up the mail from the box at the street in front of the house and don’t bother to shut off the engine when I get out. Real PIA to get in with my seat in the drivers position.
  3. Also part of memory seats is adjustable lumbar support. Don’t have a bad back but it takes time to get the lumbar support set so it’s comfortable. Wife’s new BMW X5 SUV with the high cost option seat is not as good as my 2LT. Recall selling the wife’s Honda Accord years ago with fixed lumbar support in the wrong place for me!
  4. Front camera, not in my 3LT 2014 so after hitting the front on a concrete stop, started to back into mall slots. What a PIA.
  5. Extra subwoofer is very important as the GS is very noisy. Tire/road noise. I have the sound system playing 99% of the time over 1000 songs on a thumb drive in shuffle mode. Starts when I start the car. Drowns out the noise. My 3LT C6 Z51 did not have a rear subwoofer and to add with Bose is not simple or cheap if you can find someone to deal with their individual amps on their 2 ohm speakers, etc. Adding the 2LT to a 1LT requires changing the rear power board and installing the speaker and enclosure. You can search the forum, not easy or cheap.
  6. Garage door opener is very convenient and if desired you can buy a remote relay (Mild to Wild) and control the NPP from one of the three buttons on the panel.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-10-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,956 Likes on 942 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
A 3LT comes with none, I'm bet the MANY 3LT owners with cracking/peeling leather dashes have plenty of regrets. Especially owners who have pair $2000>$3000 to have dashes replaced. Some even to have dashes crack again.
Blah Blah Blah...heard it all before... Talk to me when you're selling your 1LT and no one wants it... Dashboards can be fixed - a 1LT is forever - options cannot be added...period.

Also - my post was more for comedic value...so lighten up...you 1LT'ers seem awful sensitive for a purchase decision you claim youre so "happy with"...
Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

The garage door opener visor (homelink) shows up from time to time on ebay from parted out cars. around $100 Three screws then it really is unplug old and plug in new, screw in visor, then play.
The auto dimming Rear View mirror is a bit kludgy compared to the (almost) no rim RV mirror in the 1lt. Stylistic preference and never forgot how to move the day/night lever from my old timey car days.
if you choose a black interior on a 2lt or 3lt, who knows you upgraded, except you?
If you choose ultra suede instead of NAPA leather, then you are choosing plastic mouse cloth instead of real leather. Don't feel bad, Alcantara ala Porsche is just plastic mouse cloth too.
3lt, don't forget the cush lining under the roof panel also begins to bubble and separate.
Seat memory, i never programmed it in the cars that i owned that had it.
Seats, really need front extendable cushions like Lexus has for long trip thigh support. But i would settle for seats properly assembled so the steel bar underneath the seat cushion is out of the way of my thigh and doesn't make me take a closed end wrench a screwdriver and bend it down and away so's it doesn't press against my thigh and cause my leg to tingle and then fall asleep.
Heated and cooled seats s/b from the a/c system with an A/C cooled console bin deep enough for canned drinks. After all, can't $4500 buy a 2 ton Ac unit and air handler in the real world?
Performance seats: exact same cushion as GT seats, just $1000+ ea for two seat backs, and don't even get racing harnesses?
Front Camera, i have a rear camera and back into parking spaces to avoid hitting low flying vette parts.
HUD, had it on my C6 Z's, not memorable.
1 year of sirius? can i have a sirius/on star option delete if i pay more money?
1lt vert, i wish the 1lt vert still had a manually operating convertible top like the C6's so i wouldn't have to worry about hydraulic leaks and motor failure.
10 speaker bose v 9 speaker Bose, one more boom box, really? $4500 buys Mark Levinson, McIntosh or Bang and Olufson sound systems in other high-end cars.

Last but not least, i remember how proud Corvette engineers were of their balsa wood flooring in the C6 Z06, and that all seat control motors were taken out of the Z06 passenger seat TO SAVE WEIGHT. All that effort so that on the next gen Z06 customers could order weighty Cadillac-comfort packages and add more bulk to a Sports car designed for ultimate performance.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 05-10-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Steve2150 (07-27-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

On each of my 4 orders I considered the 2LT, but in the end the only thing I cared about was the HUD. The other 12 things were useless to me personally. HUD on the base and GS should have been a stand alone option in 1LT but I'm sure the brass at GM knew they could bundle a bunch of other stuff together and sell more 2LTs

GM prices themselves out of to many things, like $2600 extra for comp seats, when the GT seats are about 85-90% as good fit for street and occasional track day(s)

I personally opt to put money into performance and appearance options instead of creature comforts like an *** warmer or auto dim rear view mirror. A 3LT base is priced about the same as a 1LT GS, I will take the 1LT GS every time.

Hi SRJoe
The following 2 users liked this post by Iconic:
GS CUL8R (06-03-2019), Steve2150 (07-27-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:08 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost

Last but not least, i remember how proud Corvette engineers were of their balsa wood flooring in the C6 Z06
Another Satisfied Customer
You'll Be Back
Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

If I ordered another one today, it would be another 1LT. It's a Corvette, not a Cadillac. It doesn't need all those extra things in order to be fun. IMO, it just adds extra weight and slows me down.
I agree with your comments till you get to the “slows me down” part. How much could the 2LT extras weigh to slow one down?
Old 05-10-2019, 09:37 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
The 1LT comes with "REGRET"...a 2LT comes with a lot less...and a 3LT comes with none...
I don't regret not wasting $5k on options I would never use or care about.

To each their own, so I'm not bashing those who got the 2LT, but for me, none of the options were things I wanted.

I don't need front cameras to park my car. I haven't moved my seat since I set it up when I took ownership of the car. I have multiple garage door remotes. I don't need a cargo net. I don't need my seats to warm up or marginally cool down. The car already has about 50 gauges, I don't need more on my windshield literally inches away from the other ones. The only addition that I would have possibly been interested in was the additional speaker, but after hearing the 2LT audio system, I didn't hear much of a difference from my 1LT.

So yeah, no regrets here.
The following 6 users liked this post by kennyjames21:
2vettefamily (05-28-2019), Dallas007 (05-10-2019), Kevin A Jones (05-10-2019), Patman (05-10-2019), rogue3standingby (05-10-2019), Steve2150 (07-27-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
A 3LT comes with none, I'm bet the MANY 3LT owners with cracking/peeling leather dashes have plenty of regrets. Especially owners who have pair $2000>$3000 to have dashes replaced. Some even to have dashes crack again.
With all the dash problems the 3LT has, I wouldn't even take the 3LT package if it reduced the price of the car, lol.
Kevin A Jones (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Blah Blah Blah...heard it all before... Talk to me when you're selling your 1LT and no one wants it... Dashboards can be fixed - a 1LT is forever - options cannot be added...period.

Also - my post was more for comedic value...so lighten up...you 1LT'ers seem awful sensitive for a purchase decision you claim youre so "happy with"...
Yeah, we won't be able to sell our cars to old ladies who can't park their vettes without front cameras, or who need heated/cooled seats to soothe their crusty vaginas...
dh88 (06-05-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Proudpatriot
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
Yeah, we won't be able to sell our cars to old ladies who can't park their vettes without front cameras, or who need heated/cooled seats to soothe their crusty vaginas...
You're disgusting.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
You do regret it - you just won't admit it
I seriously don't. And I'm going to prove it.

Here is the list of things with the 2LT package and why I decided FOR ME that I didn't need them:

HUD-had it on my C6 but on the C7 the speedo is high enough and big enough that I don't feel like it's necessary. Plus the speedo on my DD (2006 Civic) is pretty much in the same location as the C7, so both cars are the same in that respect.
Stereo-I find the basic stereo without the subwoofer is still a step up from the Bose system in my C6. When I crank it up, I like how balanced it sounds compared to many other car stereos.
Memory seats-my wife and I are the same height so we never need to adjust the seats in any of our cars.
Dimming mirrors-had it on my C6 and honestly don't miss it on this car. I plan on tinting the windows eventually anyways, so that would reduce the glare.
Interior color-I ordered gray with my 1LT so not only did I get gray seats but I got gray carpets too, and I like how everything else stays black, it gives my interior a nice two tone look without the extra cost.
Homelink-I have a tiny garage door opener remote, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I hardly know it's there
Heated seats-had them in my C6, rarely used them, and I don't drive this car in extreme cold anyhow
Vented seats-never had them in any car I've ever owned, so I can't miss something I've never had. I'm not a sweaty person either. And with gray seats, they stay cooler than dark seats would.
Front cameras-I've never owned a car with a front camera, and I've never messed up the nose on any car I've owned. I usually back into a parking spot anyhow.
Steve2150 (07-27-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

What bothers me is when people keep saying how 2LT is a MUST when in reality it's only a must for them. Some of us don't feel like we need anything more than 1LT. Why waste money on things we don't want or need?

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
I agree with your comments till you get to the “slows me down” part. How much could the 2LT extras weigh to slow one down?
They could easily weigh 50 to 100 lbs. Might not be that noticeable to some people but let's say you're at the drag strip (I do like to drag race my cars, even though I haven't done this one yet) 100 pounds is the difference between running a 12.09 or an 11.99.

Someone else mentioned having a hard time selling a 1LT. Considering how many new 1LTs have been sold so far, I don't see it being a problem on the open market either, especially since the average buyer of these cars has no clue what a 1LT/2LT/3LT car is. Besides, in my case I plan on keeping mine forever so I don't care about selling it later.
Steve2150 (07-27-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:17 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Proudpatriot
You're disgusting.
I'd have to agree.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:18 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

I seriously don't. And I'm going to prove it.

Here is the list of things with the 2LT package and why I decided FOR ME that I didn't need them:

HUD-had it on my C6 but on the C7 the speedo is high enough and big enough that I don't feel like it's necessary. Plus the speedo on my DD (2006 Civic) is pretty much in the same location as the C7, so both cars are the same in that respect.
Stereo-I find the basic stereo without the subwoofer is still a step up from the Bose system in my C6. When I crank it up, I like how balanced it sounds compared to many other car stereos.
Memory seats-my wife and I are the same height so we never need to adjust the seats in any of our cars.
Dimming mirrors-had it on my C6 and honestly don't miss it on this car. I plan on tinting the windows eventually anyways, so that would reduce the glare.
Interior color-I ordered gray with my 1LT so not only did I get gray seats but I got gray carpets too, and I like how everything else stays black, it gives my interior a nice two tone look without the extra cost.
Homelink-I have a tiny garage door opener remote, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I hardly know it's there
Heated seats-had them in my C6, rarely used them, and I don't drive this car in extreme cold anyhow
Vented seats-never had them in any car I've ever owned, so I can't miss something I've never had. I'm not a sweaty person either. And with gray seats, they stay cooler than dark seats would.
Front cameras-I've never owned a car with a front camera, and I've never messed up the nose on any car I've owned. I usually back into a parking spot anyhow.
Impossible. If LS1Stingray needed the 2LT, then you do too.
Patman (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

What bothers me is when people keep saying how 2LT is a MUST when in reality it's only a must for them. Some of us don't feel like we need anything more than 1LT. Why waste money on things we don't want or need?

They could easily weigh 50 to 100 lbs. Might not be that noticeable to some people but let's say you're at the drag strip (I do like to drag race my cars, even though I haven't done this one yet) 100 pounds is the difference between running a 12.09 or an 11.99.

Someone else mentioned having a hard time selling a 1LT. Considering how many new 1LTs have been sold so far, I don't see it being a problem on the open market either, especially since the average buyer of these cars has no clue what a 1LT/2LT/3LT car is. Besides, in my case I plan on keeping mine forever so I don't care about selling it later.
Yeah, I can't see a used car buyer turning down a corvette that meets all their specs, but is missing the all-important UNIVERSAL REMOTE or invaluable CARGO NET...
The following 4 users liked this post by kennyjames21:
2vettefamily (05-28-2019), Patman (05-10-2019), rogue3standingby (05-10-2019), Steve2150 (07-27-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To 1LT vs 2LT package?

Old 05-10-2019, 10:31 AM
ersatz928
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 457 Posts

I bought a 1LT GS and added the extras I wanted:
Auto dim mirror was $111 and 5 minutes to install. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...upgrade-3.html
Homelink garage door opener visor was $190 and 3 minutes to install. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-to-1lt-7.html
Upgraded the 9-speaker Bose system to the 10-speaker system. Cost me about $600 and a few hours of my time. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...subwoofer.html
The rest of the 2LT package has no value to me.

Last edited by ersatz928; 05-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ersatz928:
GS CUL8R (06-03-2019), Patman (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:39 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

I went from a 2LT C6 to a 2LT Z51 C7. I was between a new 1LT or used 2LT. I opted for a 1 year old 2LT. I would take the 2LT even over the Z51 package but love having both.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:03 AM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by runner61627
The front camera, universal home remote (garage door opener) and HUD made the difference in my choosing a 2lt vs a 1lt
For me it was the memory and ventilated seats. The memory option also has easy exit which is invaluable for me since I cannot enter or exit with my seat set up properly for driving and would need to move back and forth each time and then try to get things back to where I want them.

I really like the HUD as a nice bonus, but could live without it. The front camera was very helpful in the beginning when I was still learning to judge the long front nose. I don't use it as much but still periodically when I know there is one of those parking barriers or along a wall.

Last edited by C82LT; 05-10-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 1LT vs 2LT package?